Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Hill gun sound wrong?

3 comments in this topic

Players
5,976 posts
10,961 battles

So the Benham with the rusty camo has the amazing savage gun sound and I'm really liking this :Smile_great:

But the Hill using its rusty camo does not have this same amazing gun sound. I suppose this is unintended and its rusty camo should also get the amazing savage gun sound?

I suppose this is a bug?

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,824 battles
3 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

So the Benham with the rusty camo has the amazing savage gun sound and I'm really liking this :Smile_great:

But the Hill using its rusty camo does not have this same amazing gun sound. I suppose this is unintended and its rusty camo should also get the amazing savage gun sound?

I suppose this is a bug?

The sounds in this game are really a long story issue even before 0.8.0 

Players
5,976 posts
10,961 battles
56 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

The sounds in this game are really a long story issue even before 0.8.0 

I know...

And not just the sound issues, just look at the Benham non-savage permacamo having lower tier stats (+50% xp and -10% costs).

One thing I like to do a lot is to modify games (obviously offline games that aren't patched as much anymore are easiest as those require much less maintenance) but I see Wargaming make silly mistakes that I also make, except I see a LOT of these. It's as if it's sloppily done whenever changes to the game are made.

With benham I suspect the Benham was originally maybe supposed to be a tier 7 or so, seeing as the model of the older Benham got sunk and a newer benham was named which from top of my head was a later Fletcher. Then the permacamo would've been the correct one. But it could also just have been a normal coincidence and it simply being sloppy work.

Or it's just rushing changes too much as these mistakes are made quite often I think.

I avoid sloppy work by trying to be as thorough as I can at the cost of having to work slower, but at least it saves me from having to pick up the pieces afterwards and usually my stuff 'just works' with very rarely having to pick up the pieces afterwards (like when I cloned a plane in one of the shooters I modded and accidentally mistyping it's hitpoints (left out a 0 by accident so it had 10x less hp) which (till I ficed it) resulted in this particular plane being veeeeery fragile! :Smile_hiding:).

But this happens mostly if I don't doublecheck every change that I made. But Wargaming seems to be in a hurry constantly or at least ONE of the modders there not being systematic enough when making changes or doesn't care enough or being simply very unprofossional (the last one here seems very unlikely to me btw. Just adding it for the sake of completeness).

I'd always keep important things in the back of my head, like "what tier is this ship?" before making any changes to a ship, kinda like a checklist.

So yes, I notice these things a lot because it's what I've been doing for years now, so I have an eye for details like these.

Sign in to follow this