You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

So whats the next step regarding CVs ?

74 comments in this topic

Players
350 posts

I have focused on BBs lately and have not played CVs at all. I saw that people complain and decided to try a match but man,the AA is crazy. I have an enterprise that I use for credits and games in tier X are boring as hell to the point you want to alt f4 mid game.

Are they looking to further increase AA ? decrease plane respawn ? What do they want to do next ? just sold audacious to buy the soyuz since I dont see myself having fun with such AA. To think that i gave cash for enterprise...oh lord

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
3,073 posts
13,764 battles
6 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

I have focused on BBs lately and have not played CVs at all. I saw that people complain and decided to try a match but man,the AA is crazy. I have an enterprise that I use for credits and games in tier X are boring as hell to the point you want to alt f4 mid game.

Are they looking to further increase AA ? decrease plane respawn ? What do they want to do next ? just sold audacious to buy the soyuz since I dont see myself having fun with such AA. To think that i gave cash for enterprise...oh lord

You’re moaning about Enterprise of all CV’s...

97E32715-A6E9-4607-9644-32079BE246C1.gif.aa35fe87566139f39e3334f57b1bf011.gif

• Cool 2

[WTFNO]
Players
123 posts

This is actually a good question. I remember the graphs shared by WG at the CC summit showing that the new CVs are more popular but only just slightly, now that the novelty period is over.

What, then, if the lines close even more? What if the new CVs, after all the effort and drama? Become as much of an odd duck as the RTS mode? I personally liked seeing multiple squadrons of planes over the battlefield as someone who didn't feel the need to play CVs. Operations were also more fun with multiple formations of planes. Is there any chance we can get the RTS back if there's no difference?

I'm only asking as someone who didn't need to play the old CVs and was fine with how they worked.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,071 posts
18,852 battles

Enterprise is the single most overpowered ship in the game. Let me assure you that if you struggle with her it's your own fault.

Next patch will dramatically increase the tickrate for AA, however overall DPS remains the same. This is primarily a buff for long range mounts.

After that comes the new sector reinforcement. Whether that will be a substantial buff to AA remains to be seen as we know too little about it.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
350 posts
11 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Enterprise is the single most overpowered ship in the game. Let me assure you that if you struggle with her it's your own fault.

Next patch will dramatically increase the tickrate for AA, however overall DPS remains the same. This is primarily a buff for long range mounts.

After that comes the new sector reinforcement. Whether that will be a substantial buff to AA remains to be seen as we know too little about it.

We are talking about matches against tier X. How is the enterprise overpowered ?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,018 posts
13,196 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, ScoutMkoll sagte:

[...] the graphs shared by WG at the CC summit showing that the new CVs are more popular but only just slightly, [...]

And that was even before the AA-buff in 085.

As they also said in the summit, that they want to balance slower now and the next patches will get AA-improvements, reasonably balance adjustments are not expected for the upcoming patches.

Players
350 posts
10 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

And that was even before the AA-buff in 085.

As they also said in the summit, that they want to balance slower now and the next patches will get AA-improvements, reasonably balance adjustments are not expected for the upcoming patches.

See,this is what confuses me :

1.AA gets buffed

2. People complain that AA is OP now

3. WG announces even more improvement on AA

How can WGs data say the opposite of what people are reporting ? Is WG disconnected from reality or are the players reporting the AA just bad at CV ?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,071 posts
18,852 battles
27 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

We are talking about matches against tier X. How is the enterprise overpowered ?

Lets see...

- fastest plane regeneration out of all high tier CVs on her RFs and TBs, with RF regen being particularly absurd. This results in deep reserves that are only rivaled by the Kaga, but Kaga isn't nearly as versatile nor powerful

- Her RFs are by far the best DD hunters in the game with a ludicrously accurate spread which is completely unaffected by mouse maneuvers when preparing and still closing when using AD. They also have a total HP pool rivaling those on the Midway, meaning the amount of :etc_swear:s given to AA DDs such as Kidd and Grozovoi are precisely zero. By abusing her particular accuracy parameters and completely absurd maneuverability E RFs can also effectively attack inside of the air concealment of most DDs

- Her TBs have pre-rework arming distance, exceptional maneuverability, highly forgiving accuracy and rank among the best in damage potential and flooding chance. Only Saipan can claim to put out more damage per attack, however Saipan TBs aren't nearly as versatile. Enterprise TBs are also among the few TBs left in the game that can effectively cross drop

- Her AP DBs are an outright hard counter to any but the most lightly armored cruisers (which in turn get completely :etc_swear:ed by rockets). This includes every single AA cruiser. They also utterly demolish almost all lower tier BBs, all KM BBs and, perhaps most importantly, the Kremlin. On top of that accuracy is quite literally unaffected by maneuvering, meaning E AP DBs can effectively attack from angles all other CVs can only dream of

No other CV is as versatile nor as powerful. Enterprise is a jack of all trades, master of all. When played well she outperforms all T10 CVs and then some. As such she not only up tiers well, she dominates T10 matches.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,018 posts
13,196 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, kapnobathrac sagte:

How can WGs data say the opposite of what people are reporting ?

Because of their creative use of statistic.

Every player that plays at least one battle (no matter pvp, coop, training room...) per week is counted as active CV-player.

• Cool 1

Players
350 posts
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Lets see...

- fastest plane regeneration out of all high tier CVs on her RFs and TBs, with RF regen being particularly absurd. This results in deep reserves that are only rivaled by the Kaga, but Kaga isn't nearly as versatile nor powerful

- Her RFs are by far the best DD hunters in the game with a ludicrously accurate spread completely unaffected by mouse maneuvers when preparing and still closing when using AD. They also have a total HP pool rivaling those on the Midway, meaning the amount of :etc_swear:s given to AA DDs such as Kidd and Grozovoi are precisely zero. By abusing her particular accuracy parameters E RFs can also attack inside of the air concealment of most DDs

- Her TBs have pre-rework arming distance, exceptional maneuverability, highly forgiving accuracy and rank among the best in damage potential and flooding chance. Only Saipan can claim to put out more damage per attack, however Saipan TBs aren't nearly as versatile. Enterprise TBs are also among the few TBs left in the game that can effectively cross drop

- Her AP DBs are an outright hard counter to any but the most lightly armored cruisers (which in turn get completely :etc_swear:ed by rockets). This includes every single AA cruiser. They also utterly demolish almost all lower tier BBs, all KM BBs and, perhaps most importantly, the Kremlin. On top of that accuracy is quite literally unaffected by maneuvering, meaning E AP DBs can effectively attack from angles all other CVs can only dream of

No other CV is as versatile nor as powerful. Enterprise is a jack of all trades, master of all. When played well she outperforms all T10 CVs and then some. As such she not only up tiers well, she dominates T10 matches.

Obviously our skill regarding CVs are much different with you being a better player but my planes get deleted by the above mentioned ships and many more in tier X. Would be intersting to see you in the enterprise in tier X match in the current update and see why our experience with CVs is on the opposite sides of the spectrum under this update.

• Cool 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,014 posts
22,862 battles

It is pretty obvious:

Now that the successful CV rework was a failure, the CVs will be turned into submarines. Expect another shitstorm.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
3,073 posts
13,764 battles
6 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Obviously our skill regarding CVs are much different with you being a better player but my planes get deleted by the above mentioned ships and many more in tier X. Would be intersting to see you in the enterprise in tier X match in the current update and see why our experience with CVs is on the opposite sides of the spectrum under this update.

Yeah @El2aZeR. You must really struggle against T10’s also 

7069A135-DB3F-4CE8-8BB1-2F5FA59D1912.gif

• Funny 3

[PLD]
Players
95 posts

Did few runs in cv´s on the test server in the upcoming 0.6 and the aa was a bit better you still lose plains but it was not so extreme like it can be in the current build is.  

[MORIA]
Players
7,142 posts
33,525 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

If it can absolutely delete T10 cruisers from AP bombs... It is still powerful even though the AA is buffed. 

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
2 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Do you have all the upgrades that affect health and, specifically, has your Captain got Survivability Expert? WG overdid the AA buff in the patch before last and part corrected it with a  botched hot fix that makes SE essential.

[TAW]
Players
219 posts
7,018 battles

If there's an AA nerf coming then CV's should probably share in it, particularly where their AA guns, with 10 - 20% greater hit probability than any other suface ship and 35% stronger sector re-inforcement are concerned.

[BBMM]
Players
5,496 posts
6,623 battles
3 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Mate, ina match against T10 I'll do between 30-60K in the Lexington, depending good game or crap game.

Enterprise is much much stronger than Lexington... AP bomb everything. 

Then again... WG already knew AP bombs are OP but they still did it. :Smile_trollface:

[-YR-]
Players
575 posts
2 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

It's clear you don't know El2aZeR :Smile_teethhappy:

He is probably the strongest CV player around. So obiously he can perform well at tier X even with a Furios. 

But I agree with the fact that Enterprise is currently the strongest or the most versatile of all premium CV. 

:Smile_honoring:

Players
3,073 posts
13,764 battles

Up against T10's, solo. At no point did I feel I did not contribute to this win. While the damage may not look great, I stuck it were it counted.

• Radar DD pushing our 2 DD's in the middle, not on my watch.
  • Vladivostock bow camping a corner and being difficult to move away? Not on my watch. Torp that stationary SoB out of his little hole so everyone else can smack him
  • Gearing thinking he can sneak the flank? Not on my watch. Got him spotted, forced him into smoke, forced him to dam con, let the Moskva do the rest.
  • That and 100k spotting damage in a game with a storm rolling through, aiding my team to know where everything is. 

1313488777_MasteringEnterprise.png8.thumb.png.04f9578169fbba3f370b4a8c16e1c7ad.png

And when it's top tier or even mid tier....:Smile_trollface: (yes, that's 2 krakens and 11 kills combined, even a cap)

Spoiler

780013406_NWPRepresents.png11.thumb.png.a05edb60793f85ae4af7e81e64699f70.png961001780_MasteringEnterprise.png7.thumb.png.b48e546f1f6b9b731f9d1ec8628915fb.png

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,860 posts
9,421 battles

Slingshot with Enterprise at tier 10 and you can easily DB Des Moines and other AA ships.

Just pick the right target that you know will feel the hit and the tier difference shouldn't be a problem.

The other T8 CVs still suffer at tier 10 no matter what you do, but at least Enty stays relevant.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,071 posts
18,852 battles
3 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Here's a basic question then:

rwBpcXI.png

:Smile_trollface:

Just kidding, do you know what slingshotting is?

[BBMM]
Players
5,496 posts
6,623 battles
1 hour ago, Alfa_Tau said:

It's clear you don't know El2aZeR :Smile_teethhappy:

He is probably the strongest CV player around. So obiously he can perform well at tier X even with a Furios. 

But I agree with the fact that Enterprise is currently the strongest or the most versatile of all premium CV. 

:Smile_honoring:

I can too, even with a Furious. Depends on what ships you get. 

Some of them I can get, doing the slingshot, set them on fire. 

Now the damage you can do is not that much at T6, because when a ship is set on 3 fires, it cannot take any more.

Chances are the same for me to set fore to a T10 as setting fire to a T6. Screw AA. It will not help one bit.

It might even be better for me to have T10. If they burn, more points for me. 

In fact we do fail-division, as WG wishes, I do not have uneven tier CV, so if my teammates have T7 I take my T6 CV. 

Maaannnnn those Musashis taste great. Wish I'd see more of them. 

1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Here's a basic question then:

rwBpcXI.png

:Smile_trollface:

Just kidding, do you know what slingshotting is?

I can even do it with torpedoes... and score three-in-a-row. Or nearly that *last one is a bit tricky, still).

And I do not even have a 19pt captain... will have soon.. :Smile_playing:

Unfortunately can't get the hang of those damn rockets. 

I only use them on DDs that are spotted anyway, so no big loss. 

[BBMM]
Players
5,496 posts
6,623 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

Slingshot with Enterprise at tier 10 and you can easily DB Des Moines and other AA ships.

Just pick the right target that you know will feel the hit and the tier difference shouldn't be a problem.

The other T8 CVs still suffer at tier 10 no matter what you do, but at least Enty stays relevant.

Yeah can't break the 199k anymore with Lexi, or maybe I'm not trying hard enough.

A bit too disgusted with WGs new 'solution'. But I'm beginning to understand @El2aZeR.