You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LemonadeWarriorITA

Suggestion: Camo bonus French DD line

6 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles

So been playing the Le Terrible for a couple of games again. I must say she is the most unique ship I've ever played. Thanks to her layout she is complete garbage when a CV dislikes you, but is a superb ship on the other hand when CVs don't focus you.
It made me wondering about the MN destroyer line. So I've been thinking about two bonusses to make MN DD's less interesting to bomb by CVs, which are:

• Increase of dispersion òf bombs/rockets fired at you by the enemy CV.
  • Decrease of aerial detectability.

These bonusses should be added to all normal camouflages for MN DDs, including premium camo's.
Good idea / bad idea? Other suggestions to make MN DDs useful in CV matches?

Spoiler

Just give Le Terrible Friesland AA and we will forget about this.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,350 battles

Why should French DDs be the only line that gets anti- CV bonuses? It’s not like other DD lines suffer as much from getting $hat on from great heights by perfectly fine (sarcasm) CVs. 

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Why should French DDs be the only line that gets anti- CV bonuses? It’s not like other DD lines suffer as much from getting $hat on from great heights by perfectly fine (sarcasm) CVs. 

Those have access to smoke. 

Yes, the CV rework is far from balanced yet, even my grandma can tell us that. But in the mean time it would be nice to give DDs that don't have access to a smoke generator something.

Players
1,662 posts
8,153 battles

It makes sense actually, cos other dd lines have smoke and stuff the french ones dont. But pound for pound they are much faster so it makes sense for the french dd usp to be hard to hit. So increased dispersion from aerial attack is a good idea..

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts

On thursday during the livestream the question was asked if there could be other combat bonuses applied to camos instead of the usual economic ones. The answer was that they do not want to do that, as it could cause severe balance issues.*

Spoiler

How that would be an issue, while the initial performance bonuses for the naval training center were not considered a problem, is beyond my comprehension of logic though.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

On thursday during the livestream the question was asked if there could be other combat bonuses applied to camos instead of the usual economic ones. The answer was that they do not want to do that, as it could cause severe balance issues.*

Reveal hidden contents

How that would be an issue, while the initial performance bonuses for the naval training center were not considered a problem, is beyond my comprehension of logic though.

Ah, spreadsheet will get too big. I understand. I will just keep dieing by CVs like a pleb, no problem.