Sign in to follow this  
WascallyWabbit

Do not buy containers duplicate compensation massively reduced

6 comments in this topic

Players
132 posts
192 battles

After the current update came the summer sale, today for example 20/07/19 is the Vanguard package with 2 containers dropping other ships, ships you may already have. And with this comes the bombshell that if you duplicate a ship and have the others in the list then you will not receive the full value in doubloons in compensation but only around 60-65% of the doubloon value at 7616 doubs. I have Vanguard so don't have its full doub price but it is around 13,000 doubs. I did a quick guestimate that's around £23 which coincidently is the "NORMAL" sale price they often offer ships at around 30% off every week of the year. This means that the more ships you own the less actual value you get. By buying these summer packs your getting the ships at roughly the same price you would anytime of the year they are offered except you can't choose two of the 3 ships and have to rely on dumb luck to get the ones you want.

Even worse if this is their new policy to only gave sale price doubloons as compensation for duplicates then it makes Black Friday and Christmas crates irrelevant to players with a lot of ships. And remember in the Vanguard package your buying mostly outdated and outclassed t8 ships, made almost irrelevant by the terrible T8 MM and introduction of T9 and 10 premiums. If you are in the market for premium ships, don't mind the random generation of ships taking away your choice and do not have many current premium ships then by WG standards and only WG's over inflated pricing standards these packs still hold some value. Lets put the value of these ships into context, I bought BATTLETECH in the steam summer sale for just £11, around a year old, a full game title for £11 now that is true value. 

The current update brings us this disturbing price change, unannounced and quietly sneaked in by WG, I write this to bring to attention of players with a decent amount of premium ships to be aware that now, and probably Black Friday and Christmas the value in buying the crate packs has dropped to zero and I advise if this is the new standard compensation from WG to not buy these crate packs again. There is no longer any value in them.

For players who do not have a lot of premium ships and who don't mind zero choice in two of the three ships in the pack offer they may still be by WG's over priced pricing be getting decent value and it may be worth giving the packs a chance.

But buyer beware of the stealth change in compensation values of duplicate ships and take the new values into account come Black Friday and Christmas. The value has gone from these packs.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,420 posts
51 minutes ago, WascallyWabbit said:

And with this comes the bombshell that if you duplicate a ship and have the others in the list then you will not receive the full value in doubloons in compensation but only around 60-65% of the doubloon value at 7616 doubs.

I received the full compensation for the (duplicate) Tirpitz and the GZ I got from those containers, only the compensation for the "set" ship is reduced. And the amount of doubloons you get is clearly mentioned, and the reduction itself for discounted ships is not new...

51 minutes ago, WascallyWabbit said:

But buyer beware of the stealth change in compensation values of duplicate ships and take the new values into account come Black Friday and Christmas. The value has gone from these packs. 

"stealth" change? Did you even read the package description?

Players
132 posts
192 battles
6 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I received the full compensation for the (duplicate) Tirpitz and the GZ I got from those containers, only the compensation for the "set" ship is reduced. And the amount of doubloons you get is clearly mentioned, and the reduction itself for discounted ships is not new...

"stealth" change? Did you even read the package description?

I did read package description, 7616 doubloon is over 5000 doubs short of the Vanguard, in the past full doubloon value was given. That equates to around the normal 30% of the price they always do when these ships come on sale. Did they announce this change to the compensation value? If so I can't find a reference to "reducing" the doubloon value of the purchase. So stealth reduction is a valid point. Receiving full compensation on the 2 random drops does not alter the fact that over 5,000 doubs value have been shaved off the cost of the packages compared to previous offerings. There are also no, flags, doubs or credits attached, optional I know but pretty much a standard sales pitch by WG currently. So a lot of value has gone from these packs, that's not good now nor does it bode well for black Friday and Christmas crates. Couple that with bad MM for T8 and the proliferation and WG's focus on T9/10 premiums these days mean value is just not there. In the end it's subjective, if you want or need T8 premiums right now then knock yourself out go buy them. just be aware that the compensation values are not what they used to be and the ships "mostly" don't represent what they used to. T9/10 premiums are the meta and WG focus now. value from whatever angle you view this is just not what it used to be. Peace out.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this