You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

How to fix the game!

14 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
477 posts
4,109 battles

Far too many games are just camping snorefests everyone getting cosy with thier island waifu's or max range border humping if your a BB , no one does anything but camp until enough of one side have either made the mistake of playing the game or havent taken enough tranqs to endure the boredom and crack , in a desperate attempt to get something interesting happening they stick a nose out from behind thier rock and ofc then get jumped by the waiting 6+ ships of the other team who are also immobile and camping. 

"its strategic and tactical" no , no its not , people get confused here , something being slow and boring doesnt make it tactical , actually the pace of the game doesnt dictate that at all camping and running away isnt tactical , its just camping and running away.

Now i dont blame the players here , well those border humping BB's have to shoulder some shame but its WG's fault.

The range of effective fire , the time to kill, the danger of taking fire to a weak side, the way the maps are laid out , the way the scorboard rewards farming damage and ignoring win/loss it all funnels people into a defencive / innactive playstyle.

some suggestions to make things a bit more interesting.

Spotting / Targeting . i think there should be different types of spotting and different affects on accuracy , CV's should not be able to pinpoint accurate fire from other craft by spotting with a plane. perhaps they should just reveal ships on the mini map not display them in the 3d world.

Cruisers might need to be the only class that can accurately shoot at targets spotted by other craft 

BB guns should need to actually self sight a target ie actually be spotting the craft themselves then they would recieve an actual accuracy bonus , but if they are firing at 3rd party targeted targets there dispersion/accuraccy should be drastically worsened , along with a general worsening of long range capabilitues i think BB's should recieve improved secondaries and improved torpedo protectiion when taking torps "bow on"  DD's should need to actually engage to do good torp runs just waiting for someone to walk into a wall of skill isnt enough , make them actually flank.

Range , as the ranges get bigger and bigger each tier it pushes people out of the middle of the map, its anathema to tactics and strategy , theres no value in holding the mddle or even caps ,  the way range allows for more guns to be aimed at whichever taget gets seen first with the increased lethality as you go up tiers it all just adds up to be a disincentive to meet the enemy , its just oo risky to be seen in open water you will be targeted by 6+ ships you will be deleted even "brawler" bb's just melt , it removes tactics and choice because of the amount of area each ship can cover theres no picking which corners to cover when you can see them all.

Range might be better for gameplay if its simply drastically reduced , makes no sense , but this isnt a sim so maybe its time to do whats right for the gameplay?

The camping BB's need to go. Dont get wrong i understand a lot of people like the "long range" gameplay and so long as its balanced i dont have any issue with it , my problem comes in because its BB's doing it , shouldnt this be a cruisers role? is this game not designed around the idea of BB's being the frontline or at least in close support of the front line , when all the bb's the MM gives your team are border humping campers doesnt that make the life of all the cruisers/dd's much worse?  

Im new , i should shut up maybe, but also maybe not , WG is clearly on a recruitment drive right now ,  Im hearing  que times are getting longer. Maybe WG need to not just cater to the old timers maybe the game needs to get and keep some new blood to.  I dont want to break teh game for anyone whose been playing it for years. but im hoping there is some room for improvement.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
9,423 posts
11,039 battles
15 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

The camping BB's need to go

You need to remove people from game then, as most people want to shoot, not get shot at and BBs or anything with long range provides just that.

[-AP-]
Players
2,359 posts
5,736 battles

If you want a fast paced action game, this is not the game for you, go find another game.

Warships is about a slower pace and more emphasis on thinking, planning, predicting, and tactical gameplay. That is what makes it interesting.

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,918 posts
11,364 battles

My advice to the OP is: you have just wasted 10 minutes of your life typing what you might believe would help improve the game. WG won't listen, to do this they would have to acknowledge that player feedback is important and that sometimes their playerbase might have a few good ideas, but somewhere along the line because they're the developers and because we couldn't possibly understand anything about gameplay (ironically with us being gamers), we couldn't possibly be taken seriously. This happens when the relationship between playerbase and developers is not of an equal standing. We should ban any post on the forums recommending improvements to the game and label them as a waste of life.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
24,919 posts
13,716 battles
1 hour ago, Padds01 said:

"its strategic and tactical" no , no its not , people get confused here , something being slow and boring doesnt make it tactical , actually the pace of the game doesnt dictate that at all camping and running away isnt tactical , its just camping and running away.

Even bad tactics ARE tactics!

And in some game modes, you do not need to push. And when your flank gets overwhelmed, kiting IS the DOMINANT tactic, sinking, not so much...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
650 posts

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, Padds01 said:

Im new , i should shut up maybe ...

not maybe ...

• Funny 1

Players
390 posts
1,277 battles

Hey maybe we could have the islands start randomly disappearing after 5 minutes,

and give all the DD's a 100% torpedo buff every minute?:cap_cool:

Had a game last night where I was in a DD in open water with 8 of the enemy spotted, where were the rest of my team?

Camped behind islands where they couldn't shoot anything:Smile_facepalm:

[PONY]
Beta Tester
5,807 posts
10,000 battles

Perhaps you should learn how this game works, befor you want to change everything.

Players
495 posts
11,576 battles

Might I suggest that sticking to mid tiers might be more suitable to your game play, top tiers tend to do the whole tactical thing whereas mid tends to be a bit more fast paced.  Just my two bobs worth Captain as I hate to see people not enjoying the game :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
390 posts
1,277 battles

Just in case my post was too clever; it was sarcastic humor:cap_popcorn:

The more of my team who camp, the more enemy there is for me to shoot at.:cap_rambo:

Oorah!!!

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,801 battles
36 minutes ago, Igarigen said:

Perhaps you should learn how this game works, befor you want to change everything.

Well some people don't want to learn because they're fixated inside to fulfill their demandings and nothing can change them. Better for them to find something else. Maybe WT.

• Cool 1

Players
462 posts
6,359 battles
On 7/20/2019 at 10:09 AM, thiextar said:

If you want a fast paced action game, this is not the game for you, go find another game.

Warships is about a slower pace and more emphasis on thinking, planning, predicting, and tactical gameplay. That is what makes it interesting.

Lol I have been away since the first CV update (got too ridiculous for me) came back yesterday. Played 4 games won the first game, was over in less 5 mins total rout. The same happened for the last 3 except in reverse. All total defeats probably lasted no more than 7 mins a game. The longest part of my experience yesterday was the loading times for the maps :Smile_veryhappy: Nice to see things are still the same.

[-LA-]
Players
477 posts
4,109 battles

yeah , wasnt expecting that to be popular with you guys , its obvious after this long what portion of the playerbase would still be using the forums. still i found the rational debate to be most illuminating at least you didnt all react in a knee jerk fear response to a percieved threat so thats all good!

still i could be wrong its not like WG are running alot of recruitment drives and que times are still super fast .

anyway thanks for the bumps, but dont worry i dont expect anything to happen either