You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saiyko

Kreml, and world of Balans

149 comments in this topic

Players
2,544 posts
12,556 battles
20 minutes ago, Panocek said:

15 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Glorious forum refused to allow me to continue my first edit. Pressed enter in rage a few times too fast and it got posted. Forum of course doesn't allow "delete thread".

• Funny 3

Players
9,431 posts
11,039 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Glorious forum refused to allow me to continue my first edit. Pressed enter in rage a few times too fast and it got posted. Forum of course doesn't allow "delete thread".

Yep. "de", most elaborate post in history of ever.

Players
2,544 posts
12,556 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Yep. "de", most elaborate post in history of ever.

Just to elaborate. I entered a few sentences, and then the forum didn't "accept" my enter key anymore (it didn't insert a carriage return). What I did was ctrl-x everything, and just press a few random letters. Didn't work, tried again. Then I got somewhat annoyed and the multiple enters resulted in the thread post. Also, in case you missed it, I fixed it.

Players
9,431 posts
11,039 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Just to elaborate. I entered a few sentences, and then the forum didn't "accept" my enter key anymore (it didn't insert a carriage return). What I did was ctrl-x everything, and just press a few random letters. Didn't work, tried again. Then I got somewhat annoyed and the multiple enters resulted in the thread post. Also, in case you missed it, I fixed it.

Still, funsies were had

25 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Can someone for the love of God tell me what the hardcounter for a BB is

"No Weapon in the arsenal of the Imperium or the Traitor equals the Titan Battleship on the battlefield, and a Legion blob of such vast war machines can bring any world to its knees. In truth, a Titan Battleship has only three enemies: folly, hubris, and another of its own kind."

Grand Master Volkus, Ordo Sinister of the Divisio Militaris Sub_Octavian, Lesta of Wargaming

Here, fight fire with fire:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

Players
3,086 posts
13,789 battles

The moment they started adding below water citadels was the moment WG was open about protecting BB players. Why do you think so many struggle with Vanguard. You actually have to have skill AND awareness to get the best from it. Not bow tank and snipe while eating crayons at the same time.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,014 posts
22,862 battles

What can I say, 10 (5x2) BBs per game, so almost half of the ships played, WG is catering to most numerous group of players. 

At some point, seeing the 3 CVs per team limit reached, I was thinking it will be 5 BBs, 3 CVs per game from now on. .. And the remaining 1/3 of the team, some cruisers and  destroyers who failed to understand the meta (the cruisers being in fact battlecruisers in disguise). 

[UNICS]
Players
4,321 posts
15,749 battles

Soo.. I haven't played or looked up the Russian bbs all that much, but I still expect a bit of nerfing in the coming months. (After stats have been analysed thoroughly)

Other than that, I don't have that much issues with bb strength as long as cvs aren't involved. Cvs in = balance out.

Players
8,798 posts
8,664 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

1 Kreml in particular

- How is this ship not getting as viciously attacked as let's say the recent carriers? (or any example you want) She doesn't take real damage from HE, has broken AA, doesn't get citadelled easily despite "high in the water citadel", can bowtank for a century...

Also, did you already hear the best joke of 2019? It's called "bad long range accuracy"

:cat_paw:

Ive been saying this all the time. If Kremlin would be a Steel ship.. boy oh boy, the salt would have made the forums uninhabitable:cap_haloween: Meeting a russian BB bowtanking -> i go somewhere else. No point in shooting it.

However, its not limited to Kremlin, some others are as bad (maybe even worse - T5 in particular)

• Cool 4

Players
2,240 posts
8,299 battles

I completely agree, even with me being a "BB main" (as in it's my most played class")

2 horas antes, Saiyko dijo:

While watching, something drew my attention. I'll give it as some kind of "ridde". Here's my all time ships sorted on average plane kills. Find the odd duck

image.thumb.png.1e89a4cfaa7d0b4681242d2e68618199.png

Not as much average kills, but this is my top 3 (a good chunk of the Worcester games were before the rework, but still)

image.thumb.png.a6ef71545b0e3b170d3673fe94143973.png

@DFens_666 Tier 5 you say? Even with nonexistant armor, the Izmail is absulutely broken (see above)

• Funny 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles

What helps the campfest is that the high tier SN BBs have fast turning guns. So when you want to do a drive-by even a potato can shoot back... 
Also the armour lay-out together with the DCP's is a nice demotivation. 

I am fine with the other battleships; they raised the Conqkek citadel right? Their latest spreadsheet line just kinda sucks.

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
716 posts
13,514 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

How is this ship not getting as viciously attacked as let's say the recent carriers?

Its all between the ears. The idea of a cv attacking while they can't shoot back annoys people, a huge battleship they can (pointless) shoot at makes them feel useful.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
24,928 posts
13,719 battles

While I felt that the Izmail is very strong, despite having the weakest defense of all RU BB per Tier, she does not win that well...

image.thumb.png.a38d8001a8ce178d61472dc555868e88.png

In the weekly stats, Kremlin has slightly below 54% winrate, decreasing to 53%.

In the long run I expect Kremlin to stabilize slightly above 52%, which would make her too strong.

image.thumb.png.2012ecb5bc885fb06e793dd86f72898a.png

I suggest a Sigma decrease to 1.7. Kremlin is tanky enough to get close to the enemy.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190720/eu_2month/average_ship.html

Players
685 posts
5,638 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

While I felt that the Izmail is very strong, despite having the weakest defense of all RU BB per Tier, she does not win that well...

image.thumb.png.a38d8001a8ce178d61472dc555868e88.png

In the weekly stats, Kremlin has slightly below 54% winrate, decreasing to 53%.

In the long run I expect Kremlin to stabilize slightly above 52%, which would make her too strong.

image.thumb.png.2012ecb5bc885fb06e793dd86f72898a.png

I suggest a Sigma decrease to 1.7. Kremlin is tanky enough to get close to the enemy.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190720/eu_2month/average_ship.html

I'm partial to also slowing the turrets to a reasonable speed as well.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,839 posts
6,861 battles
3 hours ago, Saiyko said:

So recently someone posted some general tier 8 stats on the carrier rework garbage bin thread, where I saw that most DDs had quite pathetic stats, and especially aki & kiev, both averaging around 20k. I realized those would be decent mid/high tier statpadders, especially since I regularly get dragged along when @El2aZeR takes his waifu out to town to club.

Preliminary results are looking ok.

image.thumb.png.3af4ee8f6d498ae5264545a83c366283.png

While watching, something drew my attention. I'll give it as some kind of "ridde". Here's my all time ships sorted on average plane kills. Find the odd duck

image.thumb.png.1e89a4cfaa7d0b4681242d2e68618199.png

So, here's two little rants:

1 Kreml in particular

- How is this ship not getting as viciously attacked as let's say the recent carriers? (or any example you want) She doesn't take real damage from HE, has broken AA, doesn't get citadelled easily despite "high in the water citadel", can bowtank for a century...

Also, did you already hear the best joke of 2019? It's called "bad long range accuracy"

2 BBs

I'm getting really sick, disgusted and angry from the constant preferential treatment the masterrace gets. Repeating the above somewhat: there is only ONE tX BB that is really vulnerable (as in "broadside should be punished vulnerable) from the side, and that's yamato.

We have had this year alone:

- A gigantic buff to BBs with the nerf to torpedofloodings

- Vastly superior mechanisms against carriers on BBs than on Cruisers, especially considering of course how much less effort it takes to bring down cruisers and catapult planes

- WIP: another gigantic buff to BBs with the IFHE rework

I know most people don't really believe this game is "paper scissor stone" anymore (for a large degree correct), but:

- Cruisers are still as hard countered as the first days of this game (maybe even more if I hear some stories from those days), not to mention we keep getting "supercruisers" (HAH), not to mention some of them are exquisite CV targets

- DDs are getting butt*ucked more and more. We have DD-hunting-DDs, DD-hunting-Cruisers. They're most likely the ideal candidate for CVs. We have ever more and more radar, and ever more and more hydroDDs that counter their main weapons. At least they keep the masterrace safe.

- Can someone for the love of God tell me what the hardcounter for a BB is? Cause it ain't no bloody DD - I can't even remember the last time I got devstruck by a DD. Is it the conqueror?...

Every new BB seems to get more and more intended for bloody bowtank camping, ever increasing the stale bore sleepfest that is high tier. Maybe it is time to reconsider BBs being vulnerable through the front again? (yea I know, the heresy)

/end rant

Feel free to add as suited

Simple.

First off Everyone was so Annoyed by the CV Rework that the Overpowered Soviet BBs were Ignored.

And well lets Face it.

WG is a (Bela)Russian Company.

And in case you dont know. In Russia there is this Law which gives Extra Funding to WW2 Games which Portray Russia """Historically Accurate""" as Truthfully Documented by Glorious Soviet Documents.

And not as Documented by Capitalist Propaganda Papers of the remaining World.

So everyone somehow knew from the Start that Soviet Ships just like Soviet Tanks in WoT. Will be at the Top of the list for most Part and will not come with any Bigger Disadvantages by Default as that might Anger their Russian Community which is as we all know the main Audience they care about.

Its the same as German Ships Generally being somewhere around the Bottom in Performance.

WG has Hated Germany in WoT already and it has not changed in WoWs either.

So nobody Expected Germany to really do well in this Game.

Its like a Law of Nature that in any WG Game the Soviet Stuff will be Easy to Play and come with Favorable Condition while German Stuff will be Hard to Play and come with Unfavorable Conditions.

So nobody really Expected anything else and thus there is also no Big outrage about it.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
265 posts
11,959 battles

You are right for the most part, the BB playerbase has got things their way lately but do not forget the BB ap pen cap. Personally, I find myself doing best in kiting ships lately especially if they are cruisers and I do not feel a difference in playing against BBs then lets say a few months ago. That is just my take on it. The meta is evolving/changing all too sudden with all of these quite big game mechanic changes.

When it comes to Kreml, she might be a tad bit too tanky and feels like a super yamato with less consistent dispersion. God knows what the Slava will bring and what will come out of that Pandoras box.

Anyway, great post m80.:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
124 posts
7,996 battles

Kremlin is blatantly OP. You can't HE pen it unles with ConqKeK because of 60mm platting. You can't set it on fire. You can't screw superstructure because its not taking pens and its not that big. 

HP pool is by far the best , armor doesnt let lolpens even from 460mm guns from front.

Torpedo belt is decent - way better than GKs and such.

AA is insane.

The only way to fk Kremlin is if it gives you broadside (that is if you are BB because for Cruiser there is no hope) - then yeah it takes citadels ...

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Looks like WG did not have enough cards for Knyaz, Gangut, Pyotr and Izmail...

Tier 8-10 are the money makers for WG.

Players
1,194 posts
9,086 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

destroyers who failed to understand the meta

Or destroyers tht LIKE to play Destroyers?