Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BarthalomewKuma

Moving through islands and not only

14 comments in this topic

Players
124 posts
7,996 battles

So today not only me but many other players experience some insane instability in the game. Not only only game ended up after 3 minutes claimin i won with 9k damage (thats all I could do for reasons I will mention).

List of what is not working :

1. I can move only reverse 

2. I can move through islands - YES i can entrench myself in Island to my heart content.

3. Torps dropped by CV on me random disappear before they reach me (that is good but yeah ...)

4. Random huge lags.

In short game atm is ... completely unplayable and please shut down servers and fix it. I ruined my glorious Sinop stats with this game ;/

Also why would game stop after 3 minutes giving me win despite having not accumulated 1000 points is also beyond my understanding. From one side im glad it finished because it was bugged for everyone but 3 minute games are ... well not really what I expect from WoWs.

@WG waiting for fast solution IF I DON'T FINISH MY DAILIES today I won't have enough dailies to finish 100 fuel coins chain and I WILL NOT HAVE BENHAM because I will miss exactly that amount.

That is not funny I did quiet a grind to get that damn Benham !!!!

Players
1,703 posts
12,096 battles

Compensatory container incoming. And it's quite becoming a regular feature, which is annoying a.f.

If you reverse and then move forward and turn it kinda works.

I've also seen my Zao shells dissapear mid air on their way to an stationary (I'm guessing bugged) Gearing, no island or obstacle between us.

Beta Tester
951 posts

Yes just had a game everyone kept running into invisible walls blocking firing, torps really sucked basically unplayable

Players
9,431 posts
11,039 battles

We had something like this in the past and mentioned in other topic

WG somehow loaded new map hitbox onto servers before releasing patch to the client, I recall getting stuck out of nowhere and shells stopped mid air on Two Brothers, which back then in were getting rework with upcoming patch. That was in late 2015 or early 2016 though.

There is no mention of Shards though in 0.8.6 changelog though:cap_hmm:

@Crysantos @MrConway @Sehales

Were any server side changes applied recently related to Shards or other maps?

Players
124 posts
7,996 battles
2 hours ago, Taliesn said:

Compensatory container incoming. And it's quite becoming a regular feature, which is annoying a.f.

If you reverse and then move forward and turn it kinda works.

I've also seen my Zao shells dissapear mid air on their way to an stationary (I'm guessing bugged) Gearing, no island or obstacle between us.

Well at start of game I could move my Sinop forward but later on could only reverse. I tried what you said and it didnt work it couldnt go forward no matter what. Then i reversed inside of island oh well :D safe from torps and all hahaha

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, BarthalomewKuma sagte:

No it wasn't shards ... cant recall name atm ;/ ... idk if this map specific

check the replay folder - there you can see the ship name and the map name. eg: 20190720_093508_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_23_Shards.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

Players
124 posts
7,996 battles
3 minutes ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

check the replay folder - there you can see the ship name and the map name. eg: 20190720_093508_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_23_Shards.wowsreplay

Ok I did what you said - map was "Prey" with Sinop and its only game I played today so this has to be it.

20190720_072346_PRSB107-Sinop_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles

You know what this reminds me of? Had something like this happen in Cherry Blossom, back when we had a Cherry Blossom. Another thing the rework took away from us... Anyway, screenshot time.

Spoiler

1061363221_ScreenShot2018-09-03at20_05_46.thumb.png.bf6b0de5965b0f59e0264adea5ae1d21.png1203403535_ScreenShot2018-09-03at20_12_21.thumb.png.f518b21d37119f8201632b7eb539924d.png

I believe this madness started when I had a disconnect during loading. No big deal, I quickly got into the mission anyway. Except, somehow the server seemed to think I was now playing a random battle. And the minimap was replaced by something I had never seen before. It lasted throughout the entire game, everything appeared to work fine, only the minimap insisted I was sailing through islands that were not there, and the game dutifully kept track of the bot team lineup.

Sounds to me like you are seeing one map, but the collision model being used is from something else. I wonder if it turns out those invisible walls in fact correspond to an entirely different map.

Players
124 posts
7,996 battles

Ok seriously if I won't finish dailies today i wont get Benham at all ... but at same time i refuse to play game in current state ... so yeah no Benham for me . Huge middle finger from WG despite me doing quiet grind to get that ship.

Really this is outrageous i wont prolong my premium account or buy anything from them again (and i did more than i should) if this is the case.

I certainly refuse to buy missing 100 fuel tokens via [edited]premium containers. Becuase i should be able to earn them via 48 daily mission !!!!!!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this