Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NikolayKuznetsov

Radar going on a cruise

3 comments in this topic

Players
181 posts
1,051 battles

Play mostly DD, not going to make a "REEEE, radar" topic, there's plenty of those. Question is about what do I do when my radar ships go on a cruise?

This T10 battle i just had : Both teams evenly matched, 2 caps to take, both teams had 2 DDs, 2 radar ships and a bunch of battleships at either cap.
Both radar ships at my cap decide for whatever reason to sail west to the other half of our team, they just abandon D cap. A week ago I would have sailed into my cap, looked behind me and noticed everyone had left, I don't do that anymore, instead observing what happens.

So the two radar ships at my cap decide to sail all the way west, me and the other DD think "Well, screw D cap I guess, they have radar, we don't, we'll just get spotted and blapped, guess we're also sailing west" The BBs at my cap see both both their DDs sailing west and think "Well fck, we are blind here, guess we are also sailing west" - I played enough BB games by now to know that they need me to not be friggin blind.

So basically because two radar ships spawn and turn their rudder hard left, half of the team creates a lemmingtrain to the other side of the map. It looks dumb and it's also incredibly boring because a match takes 20 mins and at least the first 10 of those is spent sailing west.

I knew the match was ruined and going to be a very boring sailing simulator as soon as I saw those two moskvas turn left at spawn, because I knew I would also be sailing west and I knew the BBs would have to follow me, does this seemingly random crap happen less in ranked or should I play clan wars, what are my options here? Is this what people refer to as the lemmingtrain? One or two crucial ships piss off in a random direction and everyone else has to follow them around or die?

Beta Tester
1,318 posts
16,276 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, NikolayKuznetsov sagte:

I knew the match was ruined and going to be a very boring sailing simulator as soon as I saw those two moskvas turn left at spawn, because I knew I would also be sailing west and I knew the BBs would have to follow me, does this seemingly random crap happen less in ranked or should I play clan wars, what are my options here? Is this what people refer to as the lemmingtrain? One or two crucial ships piss off in a random direction and everyone else has to follow them around or die?

- there will be battles where team mates do something which you perceive as wrong; that just happens in online games

- I often tried to stick around on the weak flank anyway just to slow down the progress of the enemy; however, recently I sometimes I tried the oh-what-the-heck-approach and sailed along with everybody else; yes, that is the lemming train; to my great surprise it might even work (if the enemy team does not know how to deal with that)

- clan battles are definitely a way out of this chaotic group sailing; but it reqiures skill from your side and from your clan members

Players
2,260 posts
18,092 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

One or two crucial ships piss off in a random direction and everyone else has to follow them around or die?

In your dd? Not nessecerily but your chances of getting blapped will go all over the board so you'll better have a greater number of exit plans readily available.

Sign in to follow this