You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AwesomeBoat

Credits issues

180 comments in this topic

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
752 battles

Hi,

I only have like 3-4 million credits, (I play mostly t6) should I be having credit issues at these tiers?

I think I lost lots of credits from buying back t7s for ranked sprint.

Main question: Is tier 6 a good credit grind tier and which ship type (DD, CA/CL etc) do you think is best for earning credits?

Thanks 

[DAVY]
Players
2,560 posts
12,787 battles

err, no you shouldn't be having credit issues at T6,  any ship played reasonable well at T6-8 should make decent credits, and to answer your question the missouri is the best credit earner in the game...

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,145 posts
16,141 battles

How can you even have credit issues at all in this game ? Economy is super easy. I got 60 ships in port and play nearly only Tier 10 and have like 550million credits I don’t know what to spend on :/

T6 should be making you lots of credits 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

Players
2,106 posts
9,031 battles

Maybe he is not going the premium route?

I guess everybody assumes every player is a premium one.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
24,928 posts
13,719 battles

Selling and rebuying ships leads to credits issues. That is normal.

Planning ahead pays off ALOT.

• Cool 6

Players
2,544 posts
12,556 battles
2 hours ago, Corvi said:

How can you even have credit issues at all in this game ? Economy is super easy. I got 60 ships in port and play nearly only Tier 10 and have like 550million credits I don’t know what to spend on :/

He has 600ish games, he's quite new. I had credit problems as well then - you unlock ships quite easy on those tiers, maybe multiple ones at a time.

• Cool 10

Players
209 posts
1,134 battles

I got roughly the same amount of battles, a T10 ship, couple T7s and 19pt captains because like colonel pete said, I planned ahead.
Examples :

-I dont like ship X, grind through it without modules and only basic upgrades, saves millions.

-Dont sell a ship you intend on buying back, more millions.

-10% maintenance fee discount signals? Why use them at T6 when they're saving you so much more at T9.

-Have at least enough doubloons to take the 3mil and 2mil upgrades from ships, 25 doubloons is €0,05 which translates into saving 1.5 mil credits per ship.

For me T7 was best, credit income is good, service fees are ok and you're almost never bottom tier so you typically do well.

• Cool 2

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
63 posts
7,795 battles

XP is gained far easier then credits in this game, especially with some of the camo's that give crazy amounts of XP. So if you're grinding several lines at the same time, yes its hard to keep purchasing new ships for all of them at the same pace that you get XP for them. Once you have all lines obviously credits stop being an issue. So playing for the first win is actually not that beneficial in this game, although it does allow you to take it easy on grinds you don't enjoy. At least the credits you can gain by playing ships you enjoy.

Also I would not recommend being cheap on modules and upgrades as they can make a big difference in the performance of your ship, especially if you don't like the ship.

And last but not least, you say you are rebuying tier VII's for ranked. If you like a ship, keep it. It makes sense to have a few favourites at every tier. 

• Cool 7

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
752 battles
4 hours ago, ArnieDude said:

And last but not least, you say you are rebuying tier VII's for ranked. If you like a ship, keep it. It makes sense to have a few favourites at every tier. 

Thanks,

I had an ok amount of credits before ranked sprint (around 14-15 million, idk if that's enough) but rebuying Shchors and Colorado set me back about 12 million after modules and upgrades.

As @ColonelPete said, I will have to start planning ahead.

[TEC]
Beta Tester
191 posts

Yes planning ahead is everything.

Tier 8/9 probably offers the best credit earners in the game, if you want a premium ship for that.

If you are not willing to spend that much to buy a high tier premium ship, I can recommend something like the Russian tier 6 Molotov, if you can catch it on sale/discount or something. It's a solid credit earner if you know the basics of playing a mid tier cruiser.

Players
5,976 posts
10,961 battles
13 hours ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Hi,

I only have like 3-4 million credits, (I play mostly t6) should I be having credit issues at these tiers?

I think I lost lots of credits from buying back t7s for ranked sprint.

Main question: Is tier 6 a good credit grind tier and which ship type (DD, CA/CL etc) do you think is best for earning credits?

Thanks 

If you like tier 6 and 7 so much, have you considered finding groups for operations?

Tier 6, I don't know which ships are great credit grinders, but at tier 7 Scharnhorst is a solid choice as it is good for both randoms and operations.

If you also want to include tech tree ships, you'll get some extra options.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,814 battles
4 minutes ago, AwesomeBoat said:

unfortunately I was not in game when Missouri was still sold. :Smile_sad:

Try to get any other T9 premium. They won't be credit makers as Missouri, but still much more than T8's . 

• Cool 1

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
752 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Try to get any other T9 premium. They won't be credit makers as Missouri, but still much more than T8's . 

Thanks,

I always choose 'More Resources' containers so I'm saving coal for Jean Bart.

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,814 battles
3 minutes ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Also, with the new French DDs coming out soon I might get the t5 premium.

Yeah but T5 won't make much credits. 200-250k netto after good battle? On T9 it'll be 700-850k netto (on both cases credit flags are used) 

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,554 posts
6,725 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah but T5 won't make much credits. 200-250k netto after good battle? On T9 it'll be 700-850k netto (on both cases credit flags are used) 

I make 400k with Exeter, usually 250 without any flags. 

Which is in the weekend with ROFLSTOMP and all. 

• Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,814 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

I make 400k with Exeter, usually 250 without any flags. 

Which is in the weekend with ROFLSTOMP and all. 

Show me a proof :Smile_trollface:

[BBMM]
Players
5,554 posts
6,725 battles
4 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Show me a proof :Smile_trollface:

Exeter.JPG.6c41b0140f578a9a8dc49b57702fb7cb.JPG

:Smile_playing: it really packs a punch. But must add I'm a filthy scrublord that works in divisions. 

Note: just yesterday, 5000 damage in Hood (argh) and still made 70k credits. LOL. :Smile_hiding:

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,814 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

Exeter.JPG.6c41b0140f578a9a8dc49b57702fb7cb.JPG

:Smile_playing: it really packs a punch. 

Dude. A proof of 400k netto on Exeter. That's nearly impossible. Or maybe you put the Gamescom camo and literally ALL the credit flags.....

[BBMM]
Players
5,554 posts
6,725 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Dude. A proof of 400k netto on Exeter. That's nearly impossible. Or maybe you put the Gamescom camo and literally ALL the credit flags.....

Will take a snap next time. That thing is really cheap to run though. 

[TEC]
Beta Tester
191 posts
4 hours ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Thanks,

I always choose 'More Resources' containers so I'm saving coal for Jean Bart.

Good plan.

Remember you get a 25% discount coupon (ship) for use in the armory every 6 months or so. It's valid for coal as well as steel ships.

I'm getting the JB as well, eventually.

• Cool 2