You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

education video , not only ships mechanics, but tactics

67 comments in this topic

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles

like on the picture.

so many battles  like this. and specialy on ranked !!!!!

where team-mates are extrem-cowards when enemy is  in cap. that stop them ..and they afriad go there.

and even they dont get..that 2-3min. like this..and battle is lost on points. 

so pls WG do an video about basic tactics. ( be not afraid like coward...and go fight in cap..even when enemy is there)

this is even only one basic example - mistake in battles. but its like soo often that,  its crazy for X ship owners.

cowards.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 2

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

That snapshot tells a story. Why do you think they're being "cowardly?"

Look at the position of their sole destroyer, the last spotted position of the enemy Daring, the enemy Georgia's position in relation to the Des Moines. The Yoshino appears to be trying a play, but will ultimately fail because the Daring is right there and possible crossfire from Georgia could kill him. It's a standoff. You can't often break a standoff without a proper destroyer player. And look at what that Yugumo is doing. It probably tried to run away from the Daring but instead of running towards teammates that could help, ran towards the GK probably hoping to do some torpedo rush instead of playing with an objective-oriented mentality.

I assume that you were in a destroyer, judging by where you sank? The best move in that scenario (because I think the Georgia and Z-46 pushed into you), was to run and play passively while trying to use your torpedo threat to maybe discourage the push a bit (though that would be difficult if Z-46 is running his hydro).

ALL of these things I just said, came to my mind within seconds of looking at that image. Do this while in battle, instead of REEE-ing at your team for being "cowards", and you can understand some of this behavior and how to influence it to help your team to a win. Or at least make it hard as hell for the enemy team to hold onto theirs :P

• Cool 5

Players
1,410 posts
17,581 battles

It does raise a good point though there are a lot of misunderstandings in common perception in the game:

1. for a start a lot of people think their repair costs depend on the amount of damage they take, 

2. People often don't understand that the XP they gain is related to the percentage of ships health they remove rather than just the damage number, 

3. When as a DD you spot the enemy teams DDs, your battleships and cruisers can actually shoot at said DD rather than ignore it to focus on well angled battleships as their maximum range. 

4. Finally my most hated map North/ Nothern lights WG could really do with a basic tutorial for that damn map as so many people appear to struggle with it, I will take Ocean over Northern lights any day hell I would rather be back on bastion than Northern Lights it's less annoying.  

• Cool 3

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,073 posts
18,855 battles
3 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

mistake in battles. but its like soo often that,  its crazy for X ship owners.

Having had the misfortune to play with you several times quite recently, allow me tell you something:

You're one of them.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 14

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Having had the misfortune to play with you several times quite recently, allow me tell you something:

You're one of them.

Me too......in the latest, before the countdown had finished he had managed to insult our whole team and then spent the battle (in a vlad) holding off shooting at ships until they had low HP, from the back line. A complete tool. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
650 posts

Advanced issues found

6 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

3. When as a DD you spot the enemy teams DDs, your battleships and cruisers can actually shoot at said DD rather than ignore it to focus on well angled battleships as their maximum range. 

let me stop you, sir, right here - it is impossible to shoot at enemies dd's. they are so little and cute. dont spread your hate here in future

• Funny 6

[BOBS3]
Players
964 posts
16,956 battles
6 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

4. Finally my most hated map North/ Nothern lights WG could really do with a basic tutorial for that damn map as so many people appear to struggle with it, I will take Ocean over Northern lights any day hell I would rather be back on bastion than Northern Lights it's less annoying.  

9 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

so pls WG do an video about basic tactics.

The problem with tactics tutorials is that as the 'Meta' evolves then the tactics evolve too so that whoever starts creating these tactics videos would have a job for life. :Smile_hiding:

Even if WG stopped making any changes, be they additional ships or maps or changes to mechanics. Then people will develop counters to the taught tactics, and then counters to the counters etc. This is why chess is still played. :Smile_hiding:

Therefore any tactics training would have to be so basic that it would have little actual value.

This all of course is a waste of time if people didn't engage with them. And that would be the biggest challenge.

• Cool 1

Players
2,483 posts
9,903 battles

I suppose the post was made to promote the -'taking action'  in order to break a stalemate not in your favor- situation. Since it happens often and I hate judging a player by his numbers solely (over 10k battles tells a story) or his chat actions, since an outburst could have been due to frustration etc  I will just say a friendly word here from a player that has faced this weird 'unfavorable' inaction many-a-times. You sir, are a good man:Smile_glasses:

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles

this post is not about science-analyse and defining this battle map :DDD:cap_cool:

its only an example. 

i think that more battles should be placed ..in cap. that gives a sense.

now too much battles ends, like i wrote there up.

yeaa...its nice to be on more wise side :DDD 

but.... 

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles
1 hour ago, Cambera_1 said:

The problem with tactics tutorials is that as the 'Meta' evolves then the tactics evolve

i mean something general. 

so many players dont realise, that is better to die in fight , like to lose flegmatic on points..

actualy i cannt understand that., but daily i realise teams..they do not cap...do not even try. 

enemy start caping..and they run away.. without even one cap try...

specialy for new players it will be supernice....but..for expierience also, to re-remember some things:)

• Cool 1

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles
11 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

i mean something general. 

so many players dont realise, that is better to die in fight , like to lose flegmatic on points..

actualy i cannt understand that., but daily i realise teams..they do not cap...do not even try. 

enemy start caping..and they run away.. without even one cap try...

specialy for new players it will be supernice....but..for expierience also, to re-remember some things:)

It's a valid strategy in the early game to let the enemy cap and treat the cap like a feeding ground, especially if they are pushing one by one instead of as a cohesive group. You entrench yourself, kill off ships, and then dominate that area of the map. That's why the battle mode is called "domination," not "YOLO".

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles

again again.. 

peoples need some education. 

its like with 3 years kids..

too often...

Untitled.png

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles
7 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

again again.. 

peoples need some education. 

its like with 3 years kids..

too often...

Untitled.png

- 3 DDs engaging B

- Not providing vision to ships at C
- Vision acquired on A sufficiently that the Henri can kite away from a highly disadvantaged position

I fault most the DDs at B for why the position is that way. If I were that shima, I'd fire my guns (!!!!!!!!!) at the enemy Shima, killing it and in the process exposing the Yamato completely to any torps I launch while taking the B cap, parking in a position that helps spot the GK and CM at C while urging other DDs to go make a play happen at C and telling Henri to disengage and run (he's a little too close to 3 cruisers and a DD.

That play by itself would win the game 8/10 times. But alas, we can't expect people to play the most influential class in the game with a modicum of respect for its game-winning potential. The rest of the ships are just afraid of pushing out broadside with no intel. Though the Grosser Kurfurst is doing Kurfurst things and sailing broadside to a Yamato. They tend to do that for some odd reason. Turtleback =/= invulnerability.

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
454 posts

Please stick to the topic and be constructive, otherwise we will have to close this thread.

Kind Regards,

Arty_McFly

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles

this forum is only start to inspire

but when this 5 horrible captians had seen WG tactic video...

they will do more heroic or lets say... more wise way...

stupid.png

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles
14 hours ago, Arty_McFly said:

Please stick to the topic and be constructive, otherwise we will have to close this thread.

Kind Regards,

Arty_McFly

its important to show examples here.

they do an point , to do some video about tactic on youtube. 

[PANEU]
Players
1,396 posts
12,735 battles

Video tutorials are not efficient as most of new players either ignore them or can't find them. 

Tutorial missions should be implemented which should be mandatory for completion. A mandatory missions should be made also for pink, orange and black players as most of them believe friendly torp hits are who ever ate them fault. 

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,142 posts
33,533 battles
22 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

this forum is only start to inspire

but when this 5 horrible captians had seen WG tactic video...

they will do more heroic or lets say... more wise way...

stupid.png

Conspiracy Cat 22072019101802.jpg

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,073 posts
18,855 battles
23 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

they do an point , to do some video about tactic on youtube. 

They have.

That you haven't watched them doesn't surprise anyone.

• Cool 1

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

They have.

That you haven't watched them doesn't surprise anyone.

Still no excuse for lack of ingame tutorials in basic gameplay. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,073 posts
18,855 battles
14 minutes ago, CaptainOkita said:

Still no excuse for lack of ingame tutorials in basic gameplay. 

Obviously, but WG doesn't profit from making their players do better, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fact I'm fairly sure they gave up on their map tactics tutorials as well considering the last one was released over a year ago.

• Cool 1

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles
4 hours ago, Episparh said:

Video tutorials are not efficient

no. when exist some from WG, you cann allways advice this weak captian..to look at it.

another example: 

was nothing easier like to go forward few meters and cap.

but no.... they cowardly watch how they lose...

horroible.png

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,514 battles
On 7/19/2019 at 11:44 PM, Salentine said:

maybe you're blaming your own team for being bad...

bad??

50-60% winrate on:

audacious,  friedrich, exeter, republica, irian,... ,,..

and allways rank 1

??? you told me bad?????

only kids considerng winrate like about quality player.  and when..look particular  ships

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1