Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NikolayKuznetsov

Do not buy Master of the waterworld camouflage

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
209 posts
1,120 battles

Stock grozovoi gun sounds, sounds great, sounds amazing actually

 

€20 Master of the waterworld camo, guns sound retarded and the sound file is broken, sounds don't overlap, they are cut short.

 

Hearing this every 3.0 seconds is very unpleasant, don't want to sound entitled but could have done a better job when charging €20 for a skin. It sounds like [edited]and it doesn't even work properly, I'm playing with SFX volume set to 0% because I want the extra credits and XP from the skin, but I don't want to hear this every 3.0 seconds. How did this get through testing? It doesn't sound like a gun and the sound file is interrupted with every shell fired. Please let me hear the stock gun sound when using this camo or give back 6K doubloons so I can buy a regular T10 camo.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,014 posts
22,862 battles

Must be something with your sound setup, try change it from max to min or the other way.

I have 2 of those camos, and the gun sounds are normal, not cut off like in your case (seems like the last half of the sound is lost in your case).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,443 posts
245 battles

Hmm not sure about that since the first vid seems ok, Either way i wasnt expecting the camos to have different sounds (a bit more punchy and cinematic would be nice but oh well).

 

i would check regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,423 posts
11,039 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Hmm not sure about that since the first vid seems ok, Either way i wasnt expecting the camos to have different sounds (a bit more punchy and cinematic would be nice but oh well).

 

i would check regardless.

Space camos, including "bionic" for US/FR cruisers do have unique sound effects. Especially AA and its "pew pew pew"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,443 posts
245 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Space camos, including "bionic" for US/FR cruisers do have unique sound effects. Especially AA and its "pew pew pew"

Yeah i know, but i wasn't expecting the same for these too be honest.

 

Would be nice if more guns had unique sounds doe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
1,120 battles
2 minutes ago, 22cm said:

the last half of the sound is lost in your case

It's not my setup, the sound files are cut short when you have audio settings to ultra instead of high, try it, you'll see. But with the sound on high instead, you don't get the audio file cut short, but the guns sound like, I don't know, like i'm farting in a can, that don't sound like a gun. I wouldn't care if I can mod this but I read through the thread for modding sfx files and I don't think it's possible for camos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
1,120 battles
4 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Either way i wasnt expecting the camos to have different sounds

I wish they didn't, or at least give me the option to turn it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,423 posts
11,039 battles
1 minute ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

It's not my setup, the sound files are cut short when you have audio settings to ultra instead of high, try it, you'll see. But with the sound on high instead, you don't get the audio file cut short, but the guns sound like, I don't know, like i'm farting in a can, that don't sound like a gun. I wouldn't care if I can mod this but I read through the thread for modding sfx files and I don't think it's possible for camos.

Report it to WG support as possible technical bug then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,443 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

You can turn off the camo....

What about the sounds doe? his complaint is due to that rather than the looks of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,423 posts
11,039 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

You can turn off the camo....

You do lose its benefits by doing that, making it completely worthless

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
1,120 battles

This is what it sounds like with the camo sound set to high instead of ultra
 

 

The audio file is no longer broken, but it's still stupid. That sounds like a dude playing the drums, not cannons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
1,120 battles

I'll continue my search for mods and/or hope for a fix next patch, I like the look of this camo, worth the money, they spent time on this. But the sound is either a broken sound file of a cannon or a dude playing the drums and I'm not too happy hearing this every 3 seconds, well actually hearing it every second since I have 3 guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,443 posts
245 battles

Is there a gnomefathers equivalent to this game?

 

that sound mod was mostly the reason i kept playing the bloody thing despite the mediocore mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,423 posts
11,039 battles
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I'll continue my search for mods and/or hope for a fix next patch, I like the look of this camo, worth the money, they spent time on this. But the sound is either a broken sound file of a cannon or a dude playing the drums and I'm not too happy hearing this every 3 seconds, well actually hearing it every second since I have 3 guns.

Check Aslain or (official, sort of) WoWs Modstation for any "camouflage remover" mods? That or humbly ask WG support if they can replace that wonky camo with regular premium one, even if you would be at a loss of that 1k doubloons in price difference.

 

Base green/brown looks off a bit, but by completing "In service of the Motherland" collection you unlock alternate colors, which turns into much more seaworthy black/blue/white

 

whole gallery

https://imgur.com/a/gq6qui4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
1,120 battles
14 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Check Aslain or (official, sort of) WoWs Modstation for any "camouflage remover" mods?

There are no mods for that, he made them for world of tanks only, I could make the mod myself if I had the original grozovoi main gun audio file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,791 posts
10,706 battles
56 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

The audio file is no longer broken, but it's still stupid. That sounds like a dude playing the drums, not cannons.

When I first heard about them the Youtuber said that the guns were meant to sound like old fashioned canon - like the ones from the age of sail.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Players
6 posts
8,190 battles

does anyone else also have the problem that if you have the waterworld camo equiped( for me it is on the daring), that the moment you start shooting the framerate drops and sometimes even chrashes the game ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
1,120 battles
36 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

When I first heard about them the Youtuber said that the guns were meant to sound like old fashioned canon - like the ones from the age of sail.

What these things? I guess it does sound like these things
196279-131-C6E53A14.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,791 posts
10,706 battles
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

What these things? I guess it does sound like these things

Yes, those things :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
1,120 battles
14 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Yes, those things :)

Man no wonder they sound stupid, they're so old jesus put those on noahs ark to attack the prophet Muhammed.

At least I solved the audio being broken turning off ultra sound settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
4,917 posts
12,004 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

That or humbly ask WG support if they can replace that wonky camo with regular premium one, even if you would be at a loss of that 1k doubloons in price difference.

If this was available, I'd take them up on it like a shot - I can't imagine I'll ever use the cammos I did win, as I *much* prefer a vaguely historical aesthetic...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×