You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_HMS_RICHY

No the Bismarck is not weak just the players.

190 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles
1 minute ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Tirpitz, Richelieu, Gascogne, Vanguard?

I know right.

Our friend Capt_Dragunov

Has hidden stats isn't worth listening too really. Plus as you proved the data he provided was wrong.

• Bad 1

4,808 posts
9,283 battles
2 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

And why not play her only bb at tier 8 with hydro means you can push better than most. Or would you rather camp at the back?.

With my Richelieu I'm constantly close to caps and push. Even without hyrdo. And now? Or with the NC. Or probably with the Wladiwostok once I'm at her. Only ship I stayed a bit back, was the Amagi ...

[NWP]
Players
6,208 posts
7,366 battles
1 minute ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

And why not play her only bb at tier 8 with hydro means you can push better than most. Or would you rather camp at the back?.

Pushing is not only a decision of Hydro or not. You can push in other BBs too. When i delete Cruisers faster, pushing gets easier as they cant burn me down.

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Pushing is not only a decision of Hydro or not. You can push in other BBs too. When i delete Cruisers faster, pushing gets easier as they cant burn me down.

And dds can still torp you and keep you spotted yes?.

4,808 posts
9,283 battles

And dds can still torp you and keep you spotted yes?.

Yes. They can torp me despite having hydro or not. They can keep me spotted despite having hydro or not. 

Again: Nobody debated that your games were weak or you did badly in the Bismarck. It's just that other ships ON AVERAGE do the job better or with less effort than Bismarck. So ON AVERAGE the players tend to gravitate to those ships they have an easier time in.

And even for good players: Put Hamilton in a Mazda MX-5 and he'll still outrun every other driver in a MX-5. However if you put him into a F1 car ... he'll be faster than the MX-5. 

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles

Maybe the average  Bismarck stats aren't so great because over 12,000,000 games have been played in it compared say to Massachusetts with 200,000 odd thousand. Or the Richelieu with a little over 2,000,000.

4,808 posts
9,283 battles
9 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Maybe the average  Bismarck stats aren't so great because over 12,000,000 games

Small tip here mate: NEVER take overall stats. I mean, can you really take stats from two years ago into account? Not really as the game has been significantly different back then. 

So, only the last two or three patches. Take a look into Maple Syrup for the last quarter and check for yourself: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstats/eu/ship_20190629.html

Edit: A quick overlook shows Richelieu at a solid 50%+ WR at 54k avg. DMG (10k DMG more than Bismarck) and Wladiwostok at an even more whopping 54% WR and close to 63k avg. DMG. NC and Amagi are closer to Bismarck with regards to WR, but outdamage her. Even the dreaded Monarch does better statswise than the Bismarck.

All stats from the last quarter.

• Cool 5

Players
812 posts
24 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

I know right.

Our friend Capt_Dragunov

Has hidden stats isn't worth listening too really. Plus as you proved the data he provided was wrong.

Beasts of the Sea seems like a fun clan to be in does it not......

Interesting 

[CAIN]
Players
3,142 posts
12,213 battles

I have a whopping 73% WR in my Krasny Krim. Therefore Crispy Creme must be at least a good ship if not downright OP. Right? /s

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

Beasts of the Sea seems like a fun clan to be in does it not......

Interesting 

Sure is mate, no hidden stats to start with.

• Bad 1

4,808 posts
9,283 battles

This is my Mod Me speaking: Leave the hidden stats talk out of this discussion will you? Thank you!

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

This is my Mod Me speaking: Leave the hidden stats talk out of this discussion will you? Thank you!

What does this is my mod speaking mean?.

Players
5,652 posts
7,020 battles

Bismarck is ok. It's not the greatest T8 BB, but far from terrible or uncompetitive. In randoms, people just like to complain about T8s in T10 matches, so every second day we get a new topic about someone complaining that T8 BBs are poor victims of matchmaking.

But Bismarck imo is quite fine. Its guns aren't the worst, they still perform ok. While not having Richelieu's all-forward setup, the ship at least isn't unwieldy like FdG or GK to the point that wiggling in and out is utterly impossible and while hydro is not a prerequisite for a push, having it certainly helps and can make a difference in how aggressive you can play. Having 50 mm deck plating and a ton of hp obviously also helps with surviving a push and with secondary buffs, I have really no grounds to complain about Bismarck.

3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Small tip here mate: NEVER take overall stats. I mean, can you really take stats from two years ago into account? Not really as the game has been significantly different back then. 

So, only the last two or three patches. Take a look into Maple Syrup for the last quarter and check for yourself: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstats/eu/ship_20190629.html

Still better WR than NC. Clearly NC needs buffs!

Players
1,307 posts
Just now, _HMS_RICHY said:

He has a mod that speaks on his behalf.

OT: If spreadsheats say bizzy needs buffs then so be it. :)

Players
2,929 posts
14,037 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, _HMS_RICHY sagte:

It means you should do what he writes.

Players
121 posts
7,853 battles

Maybe Im not as good as some ppl there but even than Im able to get 57% wr and 1,8k pr+ in 140 games, not to mention that its my only t8 which I have in my port (and its going to stay like that). Is it OP? No. Is it fun? Yes!!! Can you miss brodside on 5km and dev strike on 15? Yes, you can. Now with buff to km's 105mm it will be even better. Will you do better in nc or rich in any given example? No, thats why we play this game - there arent any ships that will allways win, it depends on who is playing them. And ffs ppl if you cant play secondaries bis why you want to have secondaries GK? 

4,808 posts
9,283 battles
4 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

I'm a moderator, but also a regular forum user. We discuss her quite nicely. But then the topic of hidden stats came up. To clarify WHY I used red colour I prefaced it, by saying: 'This is mod me'.

Players
2,013 posts
1 minute ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Bismarck is ok. It's not the greatest T8 BB, but far from terrible or uncompetitive. In randoms, people just like to complain about T8s in T10 matches, so every second day we get a new topic about someone complaining that T8 BBs are poor victims of matchmaking.

But Bismarck imo is quite fine. Its guns aren't the worst, they still perform ok. While not having Richelieu's all-forward setup, the ship at least isn't unwieldy like FdG or GK to the point that wiggling in and out is utterly impossible and while hydro is not a prerequisite for a push, having it certainly helps and can make a difference in how aggressive you can play. Having 50 mm deck plating and a ton of hp obviously also helps with surviving a push and with secondary buffs, I have really no grounds to complain about Bismarck.

Still better WR than NC. Clearly NC needs buffs!

How would you rate the Bismarck against it's own sister ship, the Tirpitz, (I have both) and prefer the sister, although with BB's I just wish there were more with radar, could you imagine a Massa with that? lol

Back to Comparisons, take the Roma or the Vanguard, hw would the Bismarck stack up against those two?

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles
7 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

could you please give me a simple English answer so i can understand what you are trying to convey.

[RL7S]
Players
225 posts
2,978 battles

The playstyle of Bismarck and other German BBs requires a higher skill level to be effective than most battleships, at the same the line is limited by accuracy problems, even the most skilled players will suffer from RNG.

German BBs also require a high level commander for good results, more than other lines where you can get away with a 10pt captain even at tier 9-10.

On top of that Bismarck gets the worst MM out of the line, all adds up to a ship that underperforms across the board and is badly in need of an overhaul (preferably bringing accuracy models inline with soviet BBs).

Players
1,307 posts

could you please give me a simple English answer so i can understand what you are trying to convey.

Im a police officer and and a relative of you. At a birthdayparty you are drinking and you want to drive home.

As a relative id say: Dont do it because it isnt allowed and its not safe for you and the rest of the people.

Me police officer would say: If you do that i have to arrest you, so dont do it.

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

I'm a moderator, but also a regular forum user. We discuss her quite nicely. But then the topic of hidden stats came up. To clarify WHY I used red colour I prefaced it, by saying: 'This is mod me'.

So you are a moderator and to convey you're anger you use read ink. I assume we can use read ink too? to convey ours. Or is it only for you guys really I'm just curious.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 3

4,808 posts
9,283 battles
3 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

I'm a Moderator of this forum. I told you to please leave the discussion about hidden stats OUT of this discussion as it servers no good. I did so by telling everybody that I'm not speaking as a regular forum user, but as a moderator, because I feared simply using the colour red (which is reserved for moderators) would irritate people more than I'd clear things up. In hindsight that may have been the wrong choice.

Just now, _HMS_RICHY said:

you're anger you use read ink.

My anger? Im not angry. And no, red is only allowed for mods to use to make sure other forum users (myself included) follow the rules. I suggest you read them.

Now, enough with the Off Topic and please continue with the On Topic, thank you.

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles

Ok then Bismarck is good if you know how to use it. if not you will probably perform badly in it.

[B0TS]
Players
214 posts
18,103 battles
7 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

How would you rate the Bismarck against it's own sister ship, the Tirpitz, (I have both) and prefer the sister, although with BB's I just wish there were more with radar, could you imagine a Massa with that? lol

Back to Comparisons, take the Roma or the Vanguard, hw would the Bismarck stack up against those two?

Depends on the player really.

• Cool 1