You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Robertas_

CV population according to "spreadsheets"

165 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
270 posts
10,464 battles

CV population is low, lets make a rework to make this class more popular.

0.8.5 stupidly strong AA buff kills tier 8 CVs in tier 10 battle

Releasing Friesland (destroyer) with ultimate "no fly" zone who eats planes better than minotaur.

WG, play carriers yourselves.

ps what does your !"£$%^ spreadsheets sais about CV population now?

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,076 posts
18,855 battles

Wanna know something funny?

According to available statistics the rework has had many WG employees LEAVE the CV class completely. Another good chunk has tried to play reworked CVs and abandoned them after a few matches.

So even among WG employees the rework seems to be quite unpopular.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 12

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
270 posts
10,464 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

According to available statistics the rework has had many WG employees LEAVE the CV class completely. Another good chunk has tried to play reworked CVs and abandoned them after a few matches.

I loved the rework. I really did. I'm one of the few who likes the way the planes are being controlled. But where the things are going now... Everyone has limits. Sometimes i think even 0.8.0 (era of flying shima's) wasn't that bad as it is now. Their fixes ain't going to the right direction. It's already the point where i can say "why bother?" if i can collect that 100k dmg in battleship without looking at my monitor much.

• Cool 4

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,076 posts
18,855 battles
5 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

But where the things are going now... Everyone has limits.

We are closest to balanced reworked CVs than ever before with 0.8.5 quite frankly. It is the first patch which has shown itself to be effective in dropping top player performance below pre-rework levels.

The inherent issue with the whole rework concept is that the closer to balance you get, the harder they will become to play, the more unpopular they will become. CVs are still the most powerful class by far, they just have a much higher skill floor now.

It was all doomed to fail from the very beginning. Personally I'm more than happy to see it all burn down, knowing I've played a part in why.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 4

[BBMM]
Players
5,498 posts
6,636 battles
1 minute ago, Sugertukas said:

I loved the rework. I really did. I'm one of the few who likes the way the planes are being controlled. But where the things are going now... Everyone has limits. Sometimes i think even 0.8.0 (era of flying shima's) wasn't that bad as it is now. Their fixes ain't going to the right direction. It's already the point where i can say "why bother?" if i can collect that 100k dmg in battleship without looking at my monitor much.

Correct. It's still do-able in a CV though, just not "git gud", but "git very damn good".

But well... somehow stuff with WG does not compute. For example:

Did you know that a higher tier ship is LESS LIKELY to get set on fire? 

Now that is why they giove higher tier ships higher fire chance on the ammo. 

So, when you get uptiered, you have LESS guns, of LOWER caliber, a SMALLER health pool, and LESS armour.

And on top of that, the ships that you face are less likely to burn. Hmm... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
2 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

I am actually quite enjoying playing Midway but pretty much given up playing my T8 ones. It's a get shame as Shokaku and Lexi can be fun in the right MM. I've hit the sell button on Kaga several times because its so frustrating to play when it is uptiered (which it usually is). The crunch will come when I'm 8.5m credits short of buying Haku. 

[BBMM]
Players
5,498 posts
6,636 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

We are closest to balanced reworked CVs than ever before with 0.8.5 quite frankly. It is the first patch which has shown itself to be effective in dropping top player performance below pre-rework levels.

The inherent issue with the whole rework concept is that the closer to balance you get, the harder they will become to play, the more unpopular they will become. CVs are still the most powerful class by far, they just have a much higher skill floor now.

It was all doomed to fail from the very beginning. Personally I'm more than happy to see it all burn down, knowing I've played a part in why.

Well, IMO nerf after nerf is not balance really. What WG is doing is like this:

You make a person walk on a rope, well this needs balance, so... how do you do it?

Instead of giving him a wider or narrower rope, they hang a noose on his neck and call it 'support'. 

And then they add lead to his shoes... :Smile_trollface:

• Bad 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
270 posts
10,464 battles

What i really don't like is they make cv play harder - we push ourselves harder to the limits and still maintain lets say 100k av or often top 1 in a team. WG drops kremlin with best AA in game, ok one no fly zone. WG drops DD friesland (wait till it will be available for everyone) who melts planes ever faster.

Am i suppose to have fun having all my planes deleted and just spot for team who doesn't care with one remaining plane?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying i can't play CVs anymore but playing and enjoying it is two different things.

• Cool 4

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,076 posts
18,855 battles
7 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well, IMO nerf after nerf is not balance really.

What WG wanted to do is to decrease CV influence with the rework. Prior to 0.8.5 every single nerf has failed that objective, which inevitably meant that the class needed more nerfs.

Now that they've achieved their goal at the expense of completely obliterating CV population, which was also one of the primary goals of the rework, who knows what they come up with next? I honestly doubt WG knows where to take the rework either, the whole sector reinforcement change looks more like they're just throwing :etc_swear: at a wall and see if something sticks.

• Cool 5

[BBMM]
Players
5,498 posts
6,636 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

What WG wanted to do is to decrease CV influence with the rework. Prior to 0.8.5 every single nerf has failed that objective, which inevitably meant that the class needed more nerfs.

Now that they've achieved their goal at the expense of completely obliterating CV population, which was also one of the primary goals of the rework, who knows what they come up with next. I honestly doubt WG knows either, the whole sector reinforcement change looks more like they're just throwing :etc_swear: at a wall and see if something sticks.

That's a bit to cuyniocal; (I understand though). What they said they wanted to do is:

1. make sure a BETTER cv-player could not shut down a N00b player, and after that just kill the whole field at will ;

2. make the CV more 'in line' with the way other ships are played. so they'd be more popular.

They did achieve #1... but they achieved #2 by making it such that every numbskull could just ransack the whole field. 

So IMO they sort of succeeded, but so far they manage to royally mess up part 2. 

100% agreed to the crap on the wall part. 

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,741 posts
6,603 battles
40 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

CV population is low, lets make a rework to make this class more popular.

Releasing Friesland (destroyer) with ultimate "no fly" zone who eats planes better than minotaur.

WG, play carriers yourselves.

ps what does your !"£$%^ spreadsheets sais about CV population now?

Well Mate.

In case you did not Notice.

Thanks to how Overpowered CVs were.

Every new Premium Ship has come into the Game with pretty Hefty AA.

Just like WG wanted to Sell Premium CVs. And thus made Enterprise so Overpowered.

They also want to Sell the others.

So of course they come with AA that will give you a Big Finger against the current Meta of CV Domination.

Dont worry tough.

As soon as enough Units are Sold. They will be bought back to Earth as well.

Just like the CVs were.

• Cool 4

[R3B3L]
Players
807 posts
1 hour ago, Sugertukas said:

I'm one of the few who likes the way the planes are being controlled.

I like it too. Went from never playing CVs to having 2 T10 CVs now.

But why is the pilot flying the planes also the only guy that can steer the ship? Why can i not steer the ship (f.E. with arrow-keys) while having planes in the air? That is really bad design.

[NWP]
Players
8,689 posts
8,636 battles
45 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

tenor.gif

34 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

:cap_win:

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,076 posts
18,855 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

What they said they wanted to do is:

1. make sure a BETTER cv-player could not shut down a N00b player, and after that just kill the whole field at will ;

2. make the CV more 'in line' with the way other ships are played. so they'd be more popular.

Sure, they wanted to do that but have they really achieved it?

I mean, yeah sure, but they've replaced fighter combat that with a basic skill check in the form of flak. Noob CV players sure as :etc_swear: aren't more useful than before and not having to tediously attempt to fight the enemy CV also means a skilled CV player doesn't have to bother to, well, deal with the enemy CV and can just concentrate on farming surface ships instead.

So basically noob CVs fail as always, they're just stopped by themselves rather than the enemy CV. Skilled CV players meanwhile can just farm the whole enemy surface fleet from the very beginning instead of having to worry about fighter cover. That sure as :etc_swear: doesn't sound like an improvement to me.

And taking away the ability of a class to fight itself, turning it into something that does nothing but grief other classes, just must not happen in what is supposed to be a team based game.

Likewise CV play still has nothing to do with surface play. Yeah, they share a basic control scheme now but has surface ship play really taught you anything about how reworked CVs play?

Didn't think so. Nothing has changed in this regard either.

WG achieved quite literally NOTHING with this rework.

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,076 posts
18,855 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

tenor.gif

Take Fem for example. Used to be one of the premier CV players on NA with thousands of matches played. She even promoted the rework and officially stated that she liked it better than the RTS iteration.

Total CV matches after 0.8.0? Less than 100, only 3 matches played in the last 21 days compared to 65 in surface ships. Safe to say that CV play will never be her thing again.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
3,827 posts
10,477 battles

Tried a game in Saipan yesterday - first game in latest patch in CV (I admit it, I accidentally left random battle mode on as I only play CVs in coop).

Was a T10 witch couple of DMs, Minos in the game ... so I said I'm gonna go after BBs.

Took full squad of TBs (invested every single perk in them) and flew over to this lonely Kremlin. I made sure his fighter was not in the air so I made an approach avoiding flak as much as possible.

Couple of seconds later my full squad goes down in an instant .... what have they gave to this ship? Railguns?

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,014 posts
22,862 battles
6 hours ago, Sugertukas said:

All tier 8s have a hard time when fighting tier 10s, why should the carriers have an advantage over the other classes?! 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Players
9,316 posts
10,955 battles
23 minutes ago, 22cm said:

All tier 8s have a hard time when fighting tier 10s, why should the carriers have an advantage over the other classes?! 

Except not really. DDs  of tier 8 almost universally have concealment advantage over tier 10, battleships of T8 only Yamato class have truly to worry about. Only cruisers and carriers are getting short end of the stick when uptiered, though former can always resort to island abuse for some damage farming.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,226 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

CVs now definitely do not have a high skill floor. RTS CVs had a high skill floor. These are just dull shadows of RTS. The skill is already cut in half by removing CV Vs CV combat with fighters then reduced more by removing full Hull control. You only need to concentrate on which targets you can going to bomb and then dodge a bit of flak when attacking. It's much more boring and less rewarding than RTS due to the lower skill level needed. You have to just hope the enemy doesn't clump up and lock you out untill the end of the game. I know that was the case in RTS but at least you could deny the enemy cv strikes if that happened. Now you can do bugger all. So please don't try to say that reworked cvs have a high skill floor and most certainly not a high skill ceiling. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
3,987 battles

And also remember that AA sector will get a buff, as soon as a ship switches sides of AA focus it will melt planes even faster... CV rework was good, the new controls were appealing, but counter play should be more skill based less RNGsus based. Instead now if a midway approaches my Yoshino it loses 70% of its strike force before engaging, the rest before releasing ordnance. CVs specially T8 are collecting dust for most players... And they push Ark Royal to be t6 with t4 planes... Gl Hf against a t8 semi competent AAA ship... Maybe it is truly time to revert to RTS? This current concept tho fun, is going nowhere, and is getting worse update by update.... High alpha cross drops... I miss u!

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,076 posts
18,855 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

So please don't try to say that reworked cvs have a high skill floor and most certainly not a high skill ceiling.

Meant that reworked CVs now have a much higher skill floor compared to when released. Kinda inevitable when a class is hit by nerfs over and over again.

• Cool 1

Players
2,233 posts
18,069 battles

What would happen if WG set the CV MM to +1 -1 and release odd tier CV's?

Edited by Europizza
Added clarification

Players
202 posts
1,004 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, 22cm sagte:

That is not true. I have switched from CV main to BB main and I can tell you that is not true. If I get uptierd with my Shokaku it is absolut stress. No matter how good my target selection is, I will loose planes. The question is , is it good enough for a second run? You have to loose planes to make damage...which is total bs and puts enormous pressure on you because there is only one of you (most of time).

Playing a BB that got uptierd is sooo much easier and relaxing. Just stay in second row , change direction and speed after every shot , easy. You are not the one who is expected to carry.  Playing a BB compared to a CV is easy mode.

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
1,004 battles
Vor 18 Minuten, Europizza sagte:

What would happen if WG set their MM to +1 -1 and release odd tier CV's?

That would help and make sense. Never understood why CVs come in 2 Tier steps.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,018 posts
13,204 battles
Vor 9 Stunden, El2aZeR sagte:

And that is not a really surprise, as when you see the accounts of the devs on the RU-server, you notice that most of them only play russian ships. So I don't expect reasonable CV-buffs before RU-CVs are released. :Smile_trollface: