You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Vessery

ST, Italian cruisers and Italian Destroyer Paolo Emilio, tier X

32 comments in this topic

[4_0_4]
Players
7,248 posts
13,357 battles

About f*cking time.

Shame that the glorious navy had to have three branches before the italian navy even got one tree.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[CATS]
Players
24,724 posts
13,686 battles

@Colonel_Vessery

I am disappointed that you are continuing on your path to bring Viribus Unitis to Tier V.

She is a Tier IV ship. Despite the same gun number and stronger armor, you managed to bring Gangut to Tier IV too.

• Cool 3

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,869 posts
11,608 battles
7 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You are missing a few tiers, is that intended for now??

Yes, they told on stream that rest will follow tomorrow during/after RU-Stream.

• Cool 1

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles

What is this line actually supposed to be good at? They got no means of dealing with DDs, given they lack hydro and anything to deal with angled DDs (as well as having little dpm). They are not going to deal well with BBs, given they have no means to deal with BBs that just angle besides 12 km meme torps and the Zara has not even that. They are arguably decent against dumb cruisers, but as soon as those cruisers angle, what is an Italian cruiser going to do while it gets burned down? And obviously, CVs will just murder these ships, because the base AA is basically the worst any line ever featured short of IJN DDs and they got no defAA. So, what are these ships good for? What fights am I supposed to win in these ships and not have to credit it to my enemy for being terrible at the game?

But the models are nice. Maybe I'll keep some at least for port decoration...

Beta Tester
947 posts
15,105 battles

Is that Belfast at tier 10? Tier V looks better than that thing...

Oh, didnt notice its a DD. Still looks like crap.

Edited by Azalgor

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
125 posts
7,006 battles
5 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Is that really a tier 10 premium DD or is that an error?

Yes, from the stream it is a premium, although no mention of what currency will unlock it.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,542 posts
14,618 battles
1 hour ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

What is this line actually supposed to be good at?

Looking stylish. 

It's a bit early to be jumping down WGs throat about these ships considering that SAP shells are a Work In Progress and that there are concepts for massive changes to IFHE and Cruiser armour being worked on - changes that will, if implemented as currently being tested, be a general nerf to CL fire chance. 

Any way, I think these ships look fantastic. The Condottieri class ships look just wonderful. Any chance of a Tier V Luigi Cadorna so that we've got the set? Give her a Speed Boost consumable to annoy Emile Bertin players and I'd be in.....

Oh, and PS - Isn't Taranto originally a German Magdeburg class cruiser? If it is, any chance of an SMS Breslau, just for us naval history fans?

Weekend Tester
415 posts
10,623 battles
20 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Is that really a tier 10 premium DD or is that an error?

DD, based on Capitani Romani Class

Atlanta: 6718 long-tons

Capitani: 3750 long-tons

Gearing: 2616 long-tons

[T-N-T]
Players
3,500 posts
15,766 battles
6 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Any way, I think these ships look fantastic. The Condottieri class ships look just wonderful. Any chance of a Tier V Luigi Cadorna so that we've got the set? Give her a Speed Boost consumable to annoy Emile Bertin players and I'd be in.....

They hinted at a mid tier premium italian cruiser coming with the branch (also to be announced tomorrow with the higher tiers). You may get your wish.

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

Looking stylish. 

It's a bit early to be jumping down WGs throat about these ships considering that SAP shells are a Work In Progress and that there are concepts for massive changes to IFHE and Cruiser armour being worked on - changes that will, if implemented as currently being tested, be a general nerf to CL fire chance. 

• IFHE changes as they are in general are basically just catering to BBs. As is this line. Clearly that is what the game needed.
  • sAP being even just proposed the way it is now is so obviously not going to work, it just highlights how balancing seems to always start from some insane notions. Sadly, often things end up in a bad spot. Even so though, other cruisers at least keep some viability against non-BBs (where the changes matter little, because BB are the sole class where fire damage and high armour pen matter a lot. Cruisers and DDs typically can still be penned and don't lose anywhere as much hp to fires in comparison to what they lose to direct pens. Italian CLs don't keep that.
  • If noone points out the issues, the ships never get fixed.

Lastly, looks alone don't make for good ships. I'm grinding ships also to play them and have fun, otherwise, I'd get model kits instead.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,500 posts
15,766 battles
4 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Lastly, looks alone don't make for good ships. I'm grinding ships also to play them and have fun, otherwise, I'd get model kits instead.

Model kits cost money and require a steady hand with some level of patience (and they easily break).

I'm grinding lines specifically because at least some of the ships in them are pleasing to look at. Otherwise I'd never touch the soviet stuff (heavily influenced by italian and german designs).

Players
7,426 posts
8,251 battles
Just now, Toivia said:

Model kits cost money and require a steady hand with some level of patience (and they easily break).

I got enough premiums to say: I could've afforded that cost.

Also, as long as I am careful, models don't just vanish when the servers go down.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,542 posts
14,618 battles
16 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

I like both. Was thinking of doing a Blysakwica in that eagle camo I've got on it in the game.

18 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

If noone points out the issues, the ships never get fixed.

And no-one is saying you shouldn't, I'm just saying that these are newly announced ships with new features in a changeable environment.

20 minutes ago, Toivia said:

They hinted at a mid tier premium italian cruiser coming with the branch (also to be announced tomorrow with the higher tiers). You may get your wish.

I hope so, although I think someone mentioned Bolzano.

In any case, there are enough opportunities for "standard cruiser" versions of the Italian ships for those who find the tech tree too gimmicky. Give Luigi Cadorna (Tier V), the same standard shells as Duca D'Aosta (VI) and Abruzzi (VII), chuck in a Pola (VII) with the same ammo and you've got a whole set of mid-Tier ships they could sell, rather like Perth/Leander.

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,627 battles
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You are missing a few tiers, is that intended for now??

Maybe still not ready to show 

[MORIA]
Players
7,195 posts
33,627 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

@Colonel_Vessery

I am disappointed that you are continuing on your path to bring Viribus Unitis to Tier V.

She is a Tier IV ship. Despite the same gun number and stronger armor, you managed to bring Gangut to Tier IV too.

Yep. They should make the reload longer. Like on Nikolai.

[POI--]
Players
20 posts
10,626 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Oh, and PS - Isn't Taranto originally a German Magdeburg class cruiser? If it is, any chance of an SMS Breslau, just for us naval history fans?

Yes, the Taranto is indeed the german Magdeburg-class Cruiser Strassburg. Sad WG used a reparation-ship for the line and not an italian built one.

[T-N-T]
Players
3,500 posts
15,766 battles
2 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

I got enough premiums to say: I could've afforded that cost.

Also, as long as I am careful, models don't just vanish when the servers go down.

Good for you. I don't.

That's why I have some 32k screenshots or so (oh my, had to look it up, I guessed around 25k - goes up fast).

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,331 posts
12,779 battles

They look great and they sound sufficiently distinct, could be one of the most interesting new lines for some time!

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
3 hours ago, cicciolorenz said:

DD, based on Capitani Romani Class

Atlanta: 6718 long-tons

Capitani: 3750 long-tons

Gearing: 2616 long-tons

So, not content with having battlecruisers in the cruiser line, we now have light cruisers in the DD line?

[-TPF-]
Players
3,542 posts
14,618 battles
10 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

So, not content with having battlecruisers in the cruiser line, we now have light cruisers in the DD line?

We're already getting Mogador and Kleber.... this is the backlash....