You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh

Abandon Bismarck?

95 comments in this topic

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles

Hi and good day for everyone 

First , I started this game long ago because i liked ships in generals and heard of German BB line that are the brawlers , well i was playing WOT blitz and was used to soviet clumsy tanks and used to fact you must brawl with those tanks and you actually get spotted before any tank in the game 

anyway i started grinding the German BB in general and started with Nassau then kaiser that i actually hate at first but worked out so well after many battles

and then i got the most Broken BB at tier V Konig , god only knows how much i loved this ship , brutal armor , total 10shells and good accuracy though her 305mm was only her drawback , although i was doing excellent even in tier7 games citadling cruisers left and right , and then i got the t6 Bayern was a bit painful but the 380mm guns on tier 6 and t7 was monstrous and i could brawl anyhing with it even those RU BB was fleeting away from me , and then i got the t7 gnesunu and god i love this ship with fiber of my being , solid turtle back , solid 128mm sec , solid torps to delete any BB you want even against VLAD , SINOP and premium Lenin , and lastly 32knotz of pure need for speed so you can disengage any time you want and finally 

i got the Bismarck , even though i played many and many battles with her , it seems like this ship actually underpowered????

I obviously have a secondary build with BoS so i have less and less fires , but the problem is I got in t10 MM a lot and the secondary wont start fire before i find myself in an situation with a cruiser or even a t10 BB spamming HE at me and burn me to death ??

or having a sit back and snipe match where every friendly t10 BB sit back and tell us VIII BB to push while they are sniping ???

or having a Yamato shooting at your rear of the ship and causing massive damage without seeing her at all because of the long range of yamato ?

or dealing with an ocean of torps left and right even though you have hydro and you just wait until those torps hit you to end your miserable game ?

and god help you doing any damage because you only have 8 shells 380mm??

I know this situation occur to every other t8 BB but every t8 BB actually have a better guns at least 406mm guns ????!!!!!!

So should I abandon this ship exclusively until i get FDG with the 420mm guns ???

I really need advice on this 

I feel so frustrated at her because while i was gnesunu i actually citadel IOWA so many times with only 6shells 

Thanks for reading 

[UNICS]
Players
4,308 posts
15,747 battles

Play the ships you find fun and don't focus on grinding ships you don't enjoy. MM for Bismarck might be a bit punishing, but I still enjoyed Bismarck more than the FDG grind. The reward in getting the Großer Kurfurst is still worth it imo, but maybe don't rush it, because the grind to get there tough.

I'd equip Bismarck and FDG for survivability and play them in between games of more enjoyable ships.

• Cool 4

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles

"I'd equip Bismarck and FDG for survivability"

so you mean you abandoned the secondaries completely?

what did you mean with "survivability" there??

bismarck secondaries can eat and devour t8 ships alive as i actually brawled an alabama and set 4 fires on him and killed him with main guns but you cant actually do that in t10 battle 

with an MM that put you in VIII game between 20 battles t10 ???

also if you can give me your build that would help

Edited by floribe2000
removed formatting

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,183 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Play the ships you find fun and don't focus on grinding ships you don't enjoy. MM for Bismarck might be a bit punishing, but I still enjoyed Bismarck more than the FDG grind. The reward in getting the Großer Kurfurst is still worth it imo, but maybe don't rush it, because the grind to get there tough.

I'd equip Bismarck and FDG for survivability and play them in between games of more enjoyable ships.

Good advice this. 

T8 matchmaking is brutal, not helped by premium t9 & t10 ships. 

But the Bismarck is a fine ship still.

Play the ships that you enjoy, spell these with the ships that you are grinding.

[CATS]
Players
24,861 posts
13,707 battles
16 minutes ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

I know this situation occur to every other t8 BB but every t8 BB actually have a better guns at least 406mm guns ????!!!!!!

That applies only to US, IJN and RU BB. The rest not....

If you cannot make Bismarck work, FdG will not be fun for you.

Remember to use your Hydro, torps are then less of a problem.

• Cool 1

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That applies only to US, IJN and RU BB. The rest not....

If you cannot make Bismarck work, FdG will not be fun for you.

Remember to use your Hydro, torps are then less of a problem.

the rest not because they still have something that the bismarck lacks to stay alive and its the concealment to hide unlike bismarck detection range 

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Good advice this. 

T8 matchmaking is brutal, not helped by premium t9 & t10 ships. 

But the Bismarck is a fine ship still.

Play the ships that you enjoy, spell these with the ships that you are grinding.

So i should just go the free XP way?

Players
150 posts
6,246 battles

I've recently got this ship also, mostly stock but gone full manly build secondaries all the way and it really adds to your damage. I got a game with 120k (ish) and 54k of that were the secondaries.

Unfortunately the main guns are less than impressive, and it gets worse as you go up i believe as they don't really get the accuracy needed to make them work.

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
6 minutes ago, ReapingKnight said:

I've recently got this ship also, mostly stock but gone full manly build secondaries all the way and it really adds to your damage. I got a game with 120k (ish) and 54k of that were the secondaries.

Unfortunately the main guns are less than impressive, and it gets worse as you go up i believe as they don't really get the accuracy needed to make them work.

I didn't say she's bad , I said she suffer the most in the sit back and SNIPE t10 MM while others have somewhat decent guns at viii and can return fire which bismarck lacks the most 

Bismarck absolutely a monster VIII BB but she have no use in sitback and SNIPE meta where you have 1 single VIII game between 20 game t10 

[CATS]
Players
24,861 posts
13,707 battles
11 minutes ago, ReapingKnight said:

There are enough players who make Bismarck work, despite the dispersion.

Patience is key. 

Either you can safely push from the beginning or you wait for an opening.

[UAC]
Players
652 posts
2,212 battles

I have no problem with Bismarck, he has good secondaries, good at close range with full secondary build and a hydro...seriously I don't know if there are any other high tier battleships that have hydro except germans....

Multiple times I was brawling with tier 10 BBs at close range and with combined main and secondary batteries I was able to shred people like nothing, I remember one instance with Republique for example I did die at the end because he wasn't alone but I took something like over 60% of his health in couple of minutes with secondaries, fires and main guns....

The only thing it suffers from I would say is if you don't think and focus then you get HE spammed to death by high tier cruisers...if you're not paying attention, but that would be player mistake, not ship fault.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,300 posts
15,645 battles

Bismarcks main job is not as a damagedealer. It tanks and holds smaller ships at a distance. Focus your fire on cruisers and DDs. Broadside BBs if you get the chance. As many have said, FdG is worse but GK is worth it. DO NOT FREE XP! You are going to want that on the FdG. Good luck!

• Cool 1

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
11 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

I have no problem with Bismarck, he has good secondaries, good at close range with full secondary build and a hydro...seriously I don't know if there are any other high tier battleships that have hydro except germans....

Multiple times I was brawling with tier 10 BBs at close range and with combined main and secondary batteries I was able to shred people like nothing, I remember one instance with Republique for example I did die at the end because he wasn't alone but I took something like over 60% of his health in couple of minutes with secondaries, fires and main guns....

The only thing it suffers from I would say is if you don't think and focus then you get HE spammed to death by high tier cruisers...if you're not paying attention, but that would be player mistake, not ship fault.

Map awareness is a must for a player to know if a DD is a priority or a BB is a priority, regarding that I didn't mean the French squishy BB but the well armored ships like Kremlin or a bow on yamato or even an angled Montana or even an GK that make those 380mm shatter no matter what , and about the cruisers Bismarck have a really bad acquisition targets , you need a supporting DD or a cruiser radar because no matter what you will be seen before you see them 

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There are enough players who make Bismarck work, despite the dispersion.

Patience is key. 

Either you can safely push from the beginning or you wait for an opening.

Either way in t10 battle you will be seen before you see them and when they see bismarck they hammer you with HE hell

Players
7,469 posts
8,296 battles
12 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Only DoY has hydro aside from German BBs. And that's mid-tier.

21 minutes ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

I didn't say she's bad , I said she suffer the most in the sit back and SNIPE t10 MM while others have somewhat decent guns at viii and can return fire which bismarck lacks the most 

Bismarck absolutely a monster VIII BB but she have no use in sitback and SNIPE meta where you have 1 single VIII game between 20 game t10 

Bismarck is a solid ship. If you don't find Bismarck competitive, then don't move on. Everything thereafter is just more extreme versions of this. If you feel like your T8 in a T10 match is not able to play to its strengths, how do you expect to get anything out of Großer Kurfürst, which is just as much of a brawler, has similar strengths and weaknesses, but where people expect you to actually leave an impact as a ship that always will be top tier?

[I-J-N]
Players
3,425 posts

I mostly play Japanese BB's, but I still find the German BB's a good alternative. I prefer them over the other ones I know, the Russian ones and British ones. (IIRC I kind of liked North Carolina, too but don't have it any more). As others have pointed out, the problem isn't so much with the Bismarck as it is with T8 MM. In other words, be cautious with your expectations when meeting any higher tier ships.

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
1 minute ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Only DoY has hydro aside from German BBs. And that's mid-tier.

Bismarck is a solid ship. If you don't find Bismarck competitive, then don't move on. Everything thereafter is just more extreme versions of this. If you feel like your T8 in a T10 match is not able to play to its strengths, how do you expect to get anything out of Großer Kurfürst, which is just as much of a brawler, has similar strengths and weaknesses, but where people expect you to actually leave an impact as a ship that always will be top tier?

One thing 

Having an goddamn bow capable of dashing out yamato and Kremlin shells 

Also 6 shells In the front and 6 shells In the back of 420mm 

Also the 128mm sec which is a true monster of secondaries also a goddamn reload mod 

And finally a being a true brawler known as g.kurfurst

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
5 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I mostly play Japanese BB's, but I still find the German BB's a good alternative. I prefer them over the other ones I know, the Russian ones and British ones. (IIRC I kind of liked North Carolina, too but don't have it any more). As others have pointed out, the problem isn't so much with the Bismarck as it is with T8 MM. In other words, be cautious with your expectations when meeting any higher tier ships.

Me too but with having 380mm guns on higher is totally underpowered compared to any ship 

[UNICS]
Players
4,308 posts
15,747 battles
6 minutes ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

Also the 128mm sec which is a true monster of secondaries also a goddamn reload mod 

I still have the 406mm guns equipped. I think it's the best way to go, at least it was, not sure if something has changed to make the 420mm more effective.

• Cool 1

Players
163 posts
5,466 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

I still have the 406mm guns equipped. I think it's the best way to go, at least it was, not sure if something has changed to make the 420mm more effective.

Believe me 406 won't work against Kremlin 430mm under guns plating 

Or a bowing on Kremlin 

Players
7,469 posts
8,296 battles
3 minutes ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

One thing 

Having an goddamn bow capable of dashing out yamato and Kremlin shells 

The issue with your thought is, Bismarck in a T10 game, to be competitive, only has to be as useful as the enemy T8 BB. So, you compete with ships like Amagi (which has better guns, but is way more susceptible to getting HE spammed to death), Richelieu (less dpm, less tanky) or Vladivostok (bigger guns, but giant citadel, worse armour than Bismarck). Meanwhile Kurfürst competes with their T10 counterparts, so Yamato (overmatches most other BBs and actually is way more accurate. Amagi is 1.8 sigma like Bismarck, but better base dispersion. Yamato has the better base dispersion, but also the best BB sigma in the game), Republique (overmatches any cruiser, highly accurate) and Kremlin (60 mm plating that cannot be HE penned by most cruisers and cannot be overmatched by Yamato). And they all get reload mod too.

So, you either get to terms with Bismarck, quit the line or you'll eventually sit there with Kurfürst in port, just to realise the experience you have is even worse.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
3,425 posts
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Tried them out, personally didn't like them.

1 minute ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

Or a bowing on Kremlin 

Kremlin is a completely inept battleship unless maybe if you let it come too close. Better ask He spamming team mates to deal with the problem.

[UNICS]
Players
4,308 posts
15,747 battles
5 minutes ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

Or a bowing on Kremlin 

Maybe, I wouldn't know. The question still is - 'which gun calibre is more effective on GK: 420mm or 406mm?'

Kremlin obviously has made GK a bit less viable than before, but I've not played GK all that much lately, so who knows?

[CATS]
Players
24,861 posts
13,707 battles
24 minutes ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

Either way in t10 battle you will be seen before you see them and when they see bismarck they hammer you with HE hell

That is why you should chose a course with cover.