Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barney_Wobba

4th chat ban...no idea why

22 comments in this topic

[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,664 battles

What the hell is going on? This is my FOURTH chat ban and I have NO CLUE why.

Can you maybe perma ban me from chat? Is that possible? Then I won't get upset...please, just do it and let me play normally.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,664 battles

Yea, I am vewy confused. Canme be banned by reports as well as auto ban? I do roleplay a bit when playing from my old Warcraft MMO character, maybe that's it?

Players
1,706 posts
1 hour ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Can you maybe perma ban me from chat? Is that possible? Then I won't get upset...please, just do it and let me play normally.

Show us what it says in Your Account, " My Bans "

Players
1,112 posts
12,971 battles

You were playing CVs weren't you that was how I got my first and only chat ban cause I was playing a CV...

• Cool 1

[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,664 battles

Haha, no, I rarely ever play CV's! All the web based account thing says is: not much.

I have tried paging support and I always get automated response.

I am beginning to wonder if it is an automated ban, from the filter system, maybe when I miss type torpedo as sometimes I spell it torpaedo, which may suggest the torpedo is a paedophile?

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,751 battles

A chatban by player reports only last 1 day. The message will say something like "banned by complaints".

A chatban enforced by "support" (I'm very sure that this is automated) lasts 3. Message here is along the lines of "banned because of harassment, bypassing word filter (there is a word filter in this game?), or sth else".

By that you can discern what exactly you've been handed.

• Cool 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,751 battles
46 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Yes, thanks, it says the 3 day thing. But, I don't know why.

Basically someone reported you to support, support found whatever remarks of yours were offensive enough to hand you a chat ban and [SPECULATION ON MY PART] now the system automatically checks for bad words you type in chat and gives you a 3 day ban if you do.

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,660 battles
3 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Yes, thanks, it says the 3 day thing. But, I don't know why.

The 3 day is replay sent to support. Welcome to the club, I had 3 times those 3 days chatbans after CV rework and maybe 5-6 the one day ones. Before I was getting chatban once a 2-3 months. That's crazy. 

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,330 posts
8,144 battles

Can you Actually See a Ban History Somewhere ?

I am not sure I ever have been Chat Banned. If I was I didnt notice lol

I dont use Chat that much ingame actually.

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,660 battles
8 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Can you Actually See a Ban History Somewhere ?

I am not sure I ever have been Chat Banned. If I was I didnt notice lol

I dont use Chat that much ingame actually

I do use it but not for some talking, just communication. Though if somebody is saying "stupid CV" or "KS CV no support" then I did in the past reply "go to hell" . Once I got 3 day report cause of "chatspam" cause I was talking to my old friend that was on the other side of the team. Eh. 

You can't see it why exactly. In many cases I was predicting why. 

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,201 battles

I do use chat.

I do troll occasionally.

I do chant with oppsing team occasionally.

I do ask if a player is a bot occasionally.

So far no chat bans.

Makes me wonder what you people are saying, as it is hard to believe that you say nothing.

@Barney_Wobba as 3 day ban is given by person I assume you did deserved it, and just play games here asking to hug you. Otherwise someone in support had a very bad day and you pay the price. As there is no way to know for which game you have been chat banned, reply will tell us nothing.

• Bad 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,197 posts
26,249 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

A chatban by player reports only last 1 day. The message will say something like "banned by complaints".

A chatban enforced by "support" (I'm very sure that this is automated) lasts 3. Message here is along the lines of "banned because of harassment, bypassing word filter (there is a word filter in this game?), or sth else".

By that you can discern what exactly you've been handed.

And how exactly do you know all these details, prey tell.... :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

Spoiler

Just joking - have a great morning!

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,751 battles
1 minute ago, Zen71_sniper said:

And how exactly do you know all these details, prey tell.... :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

Reveal hidden contents

Just joking - have a great morning!

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm regularly chatbanned by both complaints and support.

Although the complaints part usually happens regardless of whether I say something in chat or not. Sure wonder why. :Smile_trollface:

Players
7,104 posts
245 battles

*been swearing in chat since 2013 in both world of tanks and world of warships* (not consistently doe, but sometimes freqeuntly depending on mood)

*hasnt been banned yet*

Elrisistas.jpg.716cd7c7ce5e3ce1bbb33548785b1b45.jpg

1822515998_laughjj..thumb.jpg.208686c240f71a8bbd5a77d35728e1e3.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
6 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

I am beginning to wonder if it is an automated ban, from the filter system, maybe when I miss type torpedo as sometimes I spell it torpaedo, which may suggest the torpedo is a paedophile?

Acting innocent and then describing exactly the sort of thing that will get you chat banned doesn't work. Either stick to being innocent or accept your ban, but either way never represent yourself in court.

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,584 battles
11 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Weel, the auto-ban is very easy to get... If you utter even one word in chat and some people will report you for it it will come on automatically. However, in all the 3 years I have played this game I have never been banned because I have a foolproof method how to avoid that. You see, I rarely ever say anything in chat, I follow it yes, in case there's some relevant info there but I never partake in arguments or discussions about who did what or not - You know that sorta thingy. On very rare occasions I may say something like "GG Guys" or "Izumo, DD on your right flank" or some such but that's about it. If ya don't say anything you cannot be banned either, no matter how many report you. The auto-ban only works if you actually chatted, heheh! :Smile_great:

Of course, you have to remember that there are always going to be a*rse*holes out there, who will do that just to get back at you because you sunk their ship or something like that. But it can't be helped I guess. So don't worry about it.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Players
1,421 posts
8,476 battles

In all the time I played this game (several years now) I was chat banned only once... ANd that was because I was drunk as f*ck and I was quite a d*ck. I deserved it, but otherwise I never was reported (or at least never reached the critical amount to trigger the automatic system). And mind you. I was a cv main player (not anymore. Now cvs sucks alot)

• Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,660 battles
4 hours ago, CptBarney said:

*been swearing in chat since 2013 in both world of tanks and world of warships* (not consistently doe, but sometimes freqeuntly depending on mood)

*hasnt been banned yet*

Elrisistas.jpg.716cd7c7ce5e3ce1bbb33548785b1b45.jpg

1822515998_laughjj..thumb.jpg.208686c240f71a8bbd5a77d35728e1e3.jpg

You lucky bastard :cat_paw:

• Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,660 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I do use chat.

I do troll occasionally.

I do chant with oppsing team occasionally.

I do ask if a player is a bot occasionally.

So far no chat bans.

Makes me wonder what you people are saying, as it is hard to believe that you say nothing.

@Barney_Wobba as 3 day ban is given by person I assume you did deserved it, and just play games here asking to hug you. Otherwise someone in support had a very bad day and you pay the price. As there is no way to know for which game you have been chat banned, reply will tell us nothing.

Simply too much chatting (that annoyed someone - some even say stop spam) or arguing about something in the battle, like "why you didn't cap" "stop hiding like a coward" etc. And then it begins . 

[1DSF]
Moderator, In AlfaTesters
3,356 posts
8,413 battles

Only Support  can Help  you. Please send aTicked. I close this Thread. 

• Bad 1