Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

Upcoming Battleship buff

181 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[HAMAR]
Players
376 posts

France Battleships probably gain most from the changes on IFHE 

Will this change much for other Battleships Nations?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,169 posts
9,081 battles
2 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

France Battleships probably gain most from the changes on IFHE 

Will this change much for other Battleships Nations?

On the contrary, I bet that it'll be most significant for Germans, Japanese and Russians. Cruisers will still spec into IFHE, because raw damage is more important than fire damage and everyone else reaps the benefits of abysmal fire chance.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,346 posts
36,627 battles
2 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

France Battleships probably gain most from the changes on IFHE 

Will this change much for other Battleships Nations?

Henry won't be able to pen German BBs. 

Also British BBs will gain from ifhe nerf. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,916 posts
19,734 battles

How dare you question totally needed buff for glorious BB masterrace?

Spoiler

/s for those who didn't pick it up.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,156 battles
15 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

On the contrary, I bet that it'll be most significant for Germans, Japanese and Russians. Cruisers will still spec into IFHE, because raw damage is more important than fire damage and everyone else reaps the benefits of abysmal fire chance.

I think it's destroyers who will set fires now, as they'll be able to do F**k all else with their guns.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,567 posts
6,206 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Check development blog on FB

Or, you know, the development blog section of this very forum....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,695 posts
34 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Henry won't be able to pen German BBs. 

Also British BBs will gain from ifhe nerf. 

Currently 16:07:19 :- Fire and Fury on the German BB,s

 

image.thumb.png.435a1d8ef83af60f27d1967a40ce1a50.png

image.thumb.png.4094d7e82a0d3c19dd3050093af199f2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,346 posts
36,627 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

Currently 16:07:19 :- Fire and Fury on the German BB,s

 

image.thumb.png.435a1d8ef83af60f27d1967a40ce1a50.png

image.thumb.png.4094d7e82a0d3c19dd3050093af199f2.png

Yes. After the nerf ifhe will be +20% only. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,695 posts
18 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yes. After the nerf ifhe will be +20% only. 

Well where is the fun in that annoying German Battle Boats was a sheer pleasure :o( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,786 posts
16,918 battles
42 minutes ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

Currently 16:07:19 :- Fire and Fury on the German BB,s

Please, real German BB's have 80mm deck armor and are immune even now... :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,695 posts
7 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Please, real German BB's have 80mm deck armor and are immune even now... :Smile_trollface:

image.thumb.png.26d285283b30645cd6b94f1bce9f5aec.png

 

BIG BOMB

 

image.jpeg.e597edd2fa9bdf4c4941db446dc1d172.jpeg

 

:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,033 posts
11,833 battles
36 minutes ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

Well where is the fun in that annoying German Battle Boats was a sheer pleasure :o( 

This is part where you trade Henri for brand new large cruiser that WG will conveniently add to Croissant tree, having 50mm HE pen at base:Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,695 posts
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

This is part where you trade Henri for brand new large cruiser that WG will conveniently add to Croissant tree, having 50mm HE pen at base:Smile_trollface:

well lets hope it has more amour than Henri and get stuck in to a good old fashioned Gun Fight, instead of creeping around the flanks 

 

:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,033 posts
11,833 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

well lets hope it has more amour than Henri and get stuck in to a good old fashioned Gun Fight, instead of creeping around the flanks 

 

:Smile_hiding:

Looking at other large cruisers have... don't set your hopes high. Neither 180mm nor 230mm main belt will help you when shells with 500mm+ penetration are coming your way, so all you can hope is underwater citadel and/or trollish turtleback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,916 posts
19,734 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

brand new large cruiser

 

5Z5bmNs.png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
409 posts
12,294 battles
35 minutes ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

BIG BOMB

 

image.jpeg.e597edd2fa9bdf4c4941db446dc1d172.jpeg

 

:Smile_teethhappy:

That's not a bomb...

This is a bomb...

image.thumb.png.f6f7b81cdc9fdda1736389f15a96e91d.png

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,695 posts
11 minutes ago, iFax said:

That's not a bomb...

This is a bomb...

image.thumb.png.f6f7b81cdc9fdda1736389f15a96e91d.png

think the problem is the CV to take the Russian Bear 'H' Aircraft MOD 45158140.jpg   might be a little on the large size and concealment from the next 2 maps might be a problem 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,346 posts
36,627 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

Well where is the fun in that annoying German Battle Boats was a sheer pleasure :o( 

Hindenburg will still pen them no matter what :fish_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,810 posts
17,951 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

This is part where you trade Henri for brand new large cruiser that WG will conveniently add to Croissant tree, having 50mm HE pen at base:Smile_trollface:

 

Prinz Eugen has 50mm base pen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,072 posts
245 battles
8 hours ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

think the problem is the CV to take the Russian Bear 'H' Aircraft MOD 45158140.jpg   might be a little on the large size and concealment from the next 2 maps might be a problem 

Not a problem comrade with 2billion hp and 600knots speed!!!

 

Balans!

 

Also will this mess up georgias secondaries? Makes me wonder if they should buff the caliber to 132mm's and an extra 4 guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,156 battles
20 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

So this hurts dds ? I haven't figured out exactly what will happen :fish_nerv:

They are buffing the mid-side armour of cruisers from Tier VI to X. Tier VI-VII gets 25mm, VIII-IX gets 27mm, X gets 30mm. (They are making the end armour weaker too). That's a big buff to the survivability of ships like Atlanta, Helena and Pensacola, which had tin can armour below 20mm

 

 It means that most destroyer HE (fired by 120 or 127mm guns) suddenly can't penetrate the sides of those ships (120/6 = 20mm, 127/6 = 21.16) when it could do so before.

 

US 127mm guns can just about do it with new IFHE (21.6*1.2 = 25.92), the Brits can't do it at all, but this reduces fire chance by 50%, and who wants IFHE on a destroyer? This isn't good news for the secondaries of Massachusetts, Georgia et al either.

 

They are also making the plating of Tier VI-VII BBs 26mm, which will keep out all destroyer HE other than the bigger calibre French and German guns, or the 100mm ones (IJN main guns, German secondaries) which have been given 1/4 penetration because of reasons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
1,197 posts
26,207 battles

It looks like at the end, everything will be standardised and you will have just some pretty images to differentiate ships. Nice. Might as well play Azur Lane.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×