Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FukushuNL

Coop vs Random

19 comments in this topic

[BODEM]
Players
785 posts
6,959 battles

I'm not judging or forming any kind of opinion, but as a Random player only, I was curious why people play coop as I see quite a lot of people talking in different kinds of topics about having a blast with [insert ship] in coop. 

So just for me to understand, why do people enjoy coop? As I said, I'm just curious, not wanting to discuss your opinion in the slightest. It's just to enlighten me :) Thanks in advance for letting me know and helping me understand.

[BIF]
Players
324 posts
4,876 battles

For me:

1. Only limited playing time, so i need those wins for daily missions

2. Less toxic than random

3. Some mission requirements way easier in coop

4. Can pull off stupid things in coop just for the lols

5. Still has some " competitive " factor, cause you dont really fight against bots, you fight against the others in damage farming :)

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

I play coop over random when:

-im tired but want to play my fave game

-i can expect imporant phone calls

-i just want to get to know a ship

-if im unsure i can be at the top of my game

-some missions are faster done in coop over random

-im high af and just want to blap stuff

-helping a new player getting the hang of the game

Just a few of my reasons i do coop (scenarios included) 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4

[-AP-]
Players
2,575 posts
6,333 battles

Play coop sometimes only to complete specific missions that are easier there

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

I usually play co-op mostly for testing ships and testing different set-ups on the same ship.

It's like training but more fun and you get some reward at the end as opposed to training.

With the current event I played a bit more because it was easier to complete certain missions in co-op (like sinking 25 ship for example). I mean you would sink them in Random as well but crossing something out is always a good thing.

And you are significantly less rewarded for co-op but the matches last significantly shorter as well.

When I get stupid (or even AFK) teammates in Random i get pissed, when I get them in co-op I'm happy as I can farm more dmg and get bigger rewards. And since I've been encountering a lot of those lately, co-op doesn't sound so bad.

• Cool 3

Players
32 posts
1,179 battles

I play some higher tier ships in coop because I dont feel comfortable yet with them in randoms/against other players.

• Cool 1

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

I test ships out in coop. Learning the gun archs, how it feels, what it can do, etc.

Although that can get kind of annoying when I'm trying to figure a ship out and a bunch of people just rush in point blank to torp...

• Cool 1

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
12,058 battles

I play coop when....... No i don't

I do not feel any satisfaction on killing bots

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,239 battles

Some grinding missions, like the Benham ones, can be done easier in Coop or Operations. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,207 battles

1. T10 Legendary Module grind, phaze 4, is to win 15 games - perfect for co-op.

2. When I have a new ship that I have bought for a specific mission (like Hill for example).

I have Benham now, so I will finish 25 battles in Hill in co-op as it is much faster (so mission will not hang in my roster).

3. Some missions require strange things that are easier to pull off in co-op.

4. Citadels farming I do in ops if allowed.

5. Sometimes when try couple of times to get this 1500XP win and I am missing couple hundred XP I will go co-op.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
702 posts
10,452 battles
7 hours ago, FukushuNL said:

So just for me to understand, why do people enjoy coop?

In my case:

1. While I tend to get good results on randoms, I prefer coop because my skill has a much higher impact there if rest of the team is potato, therefore it is less stressful. This is what I loved the pre-nerf Narai for.

2. As most of the guys I occasionally div up with for operations know, I have a small son so there's a chance I might suddenly go afk without warning. I prefer this happening in coop or amongst friends so the impact of this is minimized and I'm not screwing my team over.

3. Limited time to play, faster games let me play more ships each evening.

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
785 posts
6,959 battles

Thank you very much for the replies, everyone. Much appreciated for your time and effort!

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

- I think being interrupted (door, phone, whatever) is a non-negligible possibility and don't want to screw over 11 people.

- I want a quick match.

- I need wins.

- I need kills.

- I need torp hits.

• Cool 2

Players
521 posts
1,642 battles

I play co-op during the week or after getting a new ship because the bots (WG ones) have a more consistent skill level and tend not to sail in straight lines in BBs in a high DD threat environment.

Plus there is no chance of running into one of the high skill players on the other team.

It is actually possible to lose a co-op match.:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,585 posts
6,218 battles

I don't know if I can say I enjoy coop. For me it's a means to an end, e.g. lots of secondary battery hits, quick wins, torpedo hits/floodings etc. 

• Cool 2

Players
214 posts
11,681 battles

As all above but to teach new players in the clan who to play this game (shooting torping ect.) to try new ships how they play... But most important games last 6-8 minutes and you can enter 1 in 30 seconds great for missions.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
798 posts
2,665 battles
8 hours ago, FukushuNL said:

I'm not judging or forming any kind of opinion, but as a Random player only, I was curious why people play coop as I see quite a lot of people talking in different kinds of topics about having a blast with [insert ship] in coop. 

So just for me to understand, why do people enjoy coop? As I said, I'm just curious, not wanting to discuss your opinion in the slightest. It's just to enlighten me :) Thanks in advance for letting me know and helping me understand.

I play a bit of both. More random recently but still some co-op for various reasons.

1) If I just want to unwind by shooting pixels without needing to focus on as many factors

2) If I want to play some T7&8 premiums (I haven't played those tiers in silver ships yet, no not gonna play them in prems either)

3) If I've had trouble with my connection, to avoid disconnecting in random

4) If I need to farm wins, kills or some other thing I can do more quickly in co-op, especially if trying to farm it in randoms would be unhelpful to winning. E.g. 'Get X ribbons' – in the past I'd be likely to take Kidd, Haida or Sims out in co-op and play them like they're Soviet, which could be a blast. Nowadays I can get similar results in my Dallas in random battles with that, but the principle stands.

5) Test out a new ship

6) similar to 3 – if I think there's a possibility I'll have to go AFK for some reason, but not a strong enough one to just not play

• Cool 1

Players
1,737 posts
18,657 battles

I mostly play ransoms but co-op is good for completing grind missions like for the Benham especially at weekends when a lot of the players online are less capable than the bots in co op. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this