You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

When MM shows you the Middle Finger

42 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
26,670 posts
14,305 battles
  • You fail division and shoot yourself in the foot...
  • You complain about +1 MM in a very strong ship...
  • Cool 10

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

I don't complain , but 5 DDs + CV, well intrestesting being in a BB with slow turning guns ^^  and Tier 8s against Tier 5, Division or not is...well a big middle finger ^^

• Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Players
2,577 posts
11,389 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • You fail division and shoot yourself in the foot...
  • You complain about +1 MM in a very strong ship...

@sgtmarple what Pete said. 

First picture shows your lack of knowledge. Second picture i dont see what's wrong.

• Cool 3

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,477 battles

Weel, this is why they call it a "Fail Division", when you team up with different tiers of ships. You will get a shitty MM 100% of the time and this one you got is actually not too bad. You only have +1 after all (many DD's but hey, you were asking for it) if you div up like that with tier 5&6 ships you WILL end up with a crap MM AND in a tier 8 match (trust me on this one, I have tried tier 9 with a Graf Spee and it was not nearly as much fun as advertised).:cap_old:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,670 posts
14,305 battles
5 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

I don't complain , but 5 DDs + CV, well intrestesting being in a BB with slow turning guns ^^  and ....

3 of which are quite harmless to you with your extremly strong HE and one of the strongest AA on that Tier...

• Cool 2

Players
3,130 posts
10,768 battles

First pic I feel your pain.  Yes your in for a crap time (the Sinop can outright delete you, easy) but like @pra3y has rightly stated, that's down to a lack of knowledge and a failed Div. That's MM for you and you drew the short straw. 

I cant see anything wrong with the second pic. :Smile_amazed: So you have 5 DD's and a CV? :Smile_amazed: You have very strong HE remember. 

• Funny 1

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

True , but very slow moving guns and you are very dependent on green DDs to do their job, which they didn't, they yoloed and 4 of them died within 5 Minutes, so we had 5 enemy DDs against 1 green DD...yeah let me just say it just proved to me once again that DD have too much influence . We ended up loosing the game  with me killing 3 ships, 1 DD 2 Cruisers.  Then getting torped from 2 different sides ^^ weee. 

And yes, thought I never asked, I know that different Tier gets you bad MM (fun mechanics to encourage friends to play together weee) but this time was especially rough ^^

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, MortenTardo sagte:

Fail div. Dont feel sorry for you

I thought about it for a second and then I shruged and didn't care ^^ it was just a fun MM sorry it triggered you.

Players
2,577 posts
11,389 battles
11 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

it was just a fun MM sorry it triggered you.

When MM shows you the Middle Finger

24 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

You know it is all fun and games  or haven't your left your basement for quite awhile?

tenor.gif

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,317 posts
10,104 battles
17 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

And yes, thought I never asked, I know that different Tier gets you bad MM (fun mechanics to encourage friends to play together weee) but this time was especially rough ^^

Otherwise people would use this all the time to not get uptiered. So it is there for a reason.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,876 battles
1 hour ago, sgtmarple said:

shot-19_07.12_21_04.08-0854.thumb.jpg.1b13ca8cf6dd7797e4b8def90e924e84.jpg

shot-19.07.15_15.09.25-0642.jpg

Appart from your failed MM the start screens show us absolutely nothing. the end screens are the important ones. Only players that should be upset on that 2nd picture is the poor CA/CL on each team alone with 5 BBs on the enemy team.

If you had been the CA/CL player most of us would have been sympathetic to you.

OW and someone with almost no DD experience calling out his DDs, some things never change.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,797 posts
8,977 battles

That happens when MM gets changed:

You used to get f***ed by fail-divisioning since the enemies didnt need to get a same tier ship in return. Nowadays its a calculated risk, as MM can [edited]you up ONLY if there is a similiar division to match against you.

Beta Tester
3,160 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, sgtmarple said:

I thought about it for a second and then I shruged and didn't care ^^ it was just a fun MM sorry it triggered you.

Going into a division with ships of different tiers is called a "fail division" for a reason. As ships from lower tiers are typically weaker than those of higher tiers, such a division typically puts the team at a bit of a disadvantage. That's the reason why fail divisions are generally frowned upon.

However, since the game allows them, I suppose that fail divisions can't really be said to be against the rules. I would nevertheless advice against them, not only because they put the lower-tiered player at a disadvantage, but also because - as you may by now have noticed - they can generate a bit of huff.

Cheers! :Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
3,160 posts
3,608 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

That happens when MM gets changed:

You used to get f***ed by fail-divisioning since the enemies didnt need to get a same tier ship in return. Nowadays its a calculated risk, as MM can [edited]you up ONLY if there is a similiar division to match against you.

This is news to me. Was there any particular reason for this change?

[SHAFT]
Players
9,797 posts
8,977 battles
Just now, Procrastes said:

This is new to me. Any particular reason for this change?

Guess it was mostly to remove different class/tiers which sometimes used to happen f.e. one team has 1DD/BB more, the others had 2 CAs in return. Sometimes the DD was +1 tier compared to a Cruiser, and a Cruiser was +1 tier compared to the BB. I always hated that.

When they changed that, they also removed that other "feature" where fail-divisioning actually punished you.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,160 posts
3,608 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Guess it was mostly to remove different class/tiers which sometimes used to happen f.e. one team has 1DD/BB more, the others had 2 CAs in return. Sometimes the DD was +1 tier compared to a Cruiser, and a Cruiser was +1 tier compared to the BB. I always hated that.

When they changed that, they also removed that other "feature" where fail-divisioning actually punished you.

Thanks!

I suppose WG could easily prevent fail divisions if they considered them to be a problem. But I hope you can't division with a ship that is more than one tier lower than your own, at least?

[C1DFL]
[C1DFL]
Beta Tester
2,367 posts
13,894 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Procrastes sagte:

But I hope you can't division with a ship that is more than one tier lower than your own, at least?

Divisions are restricted to a +/-1 tier difference.

That was implemented 2 or 3 years ago (?) along with some other MM changes.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
20 minutes ago, togMOR said:

Divisions are restricted to a +/-1 tier difference.

That was implemented 2 or 3 years ago (?) along with some other MM changes.

Nope they're not. If you take a T8 and T7 ship they might get into T10 battle. Though on the other side there's such fail div too. 

Pls don't try it :fish_aqua:

[C1DFL]
[C1DFL]
Beta Tester
2,367 posts
13,894 battles
Vor 1 Minute, MacArthur92 sagte:

Nope they're not. If you take a T8 and T7 ship they might get into T10 battle. Though on the other side there's such fail div too. 

Pls don't try it :fish_aqua:

The system allows you to create a division with a maximum tier difference of (+/-) 1, which would be a fail division if done so. Which in turn is matched then by the highest tier, of course.

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
41 minutes ago, togMOR said:

The system allows you to create a division with a maximum tier difference of (+/-) 1, which would be a fail division if done so. Which in turn is matched then by the highest tier, of course.

Only if it's T8-9 div.