Sign in to follow this  
Thejagdpanther

Akatsuki love?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
123 posts
2,840 battles

Hi all,

simple question... should this ship get some love?

The biggest issue that i have is the concealment ... 6,4 km (with skills/equip)
and/or
Type90 mod. 1 torp speed... 62knot

6,0 km camo

and/or

65/66 knot Type90 mod. 1 torp speed

could this do the work?

[POI--]
Players
483 posts
7,657 battles

I think it`s pretty strong, though you have to play to its advantages, which means avoiding fair gunfights.

DPM isn`t even that terrible nowdays, but the turret traverse defines its typical "Low tier IJN DD gunpower" here. Guns pointed to the wrong side, and inability to manuver while firing back are the two reasons, why Akatsuki willl lose an otherwise evenly matched gunfight.

3 godziny temu, Thejagdpanther napisał:

The biggest issue that i have is the concealment ... 6,4 km (with skills/equip)

In terms of concealment it`s pretty much the same as with other T7 DD`s with  ̶S̶h̶i̶r̶a̶t̶s̶u̶y̶u̶ POI being the major exception, but POI on the other hand suffers from all of Akatsuki`s problems plus slow speed, much worse torpedo reload, with one less torp per salvo, and no AA to speak of whatsoever.

3 godziny temu, Thejagdpanther napisał:

65/66 knot Type90 mod. 1 torp speed

Akatsuki/Shira torps are already the strongest torps on T7. I`d even consider them borderline overpowered - you not only have the IIRC best reload, but also only battleships and a few T7 cruisers can survive more than 2 hits (and CA`s survive with less than 5k left from full assuming hits on TDS, and no flood damage), so there is no reason to buff them.

Like most T7 DD`s Akatsuki does suffer against T8/9 mostly because of lack of concealment mod 1, but it`s not supposed to wipe the floor with Kageros now, is it?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
123 posts
2,840 battles

oh ok, tx guys.

You know... with the gunboats, mm, planes, it feels like the torpboats suffers a lot since torps are the most easy threats to avoid.
I'll try to get better.

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,813 battles

From a Sim's captains point-of-view, both the Aka and Shira melt one vs one and both are very susceptible against enemy CV's.  

I would say the Shira has a better chance simply due to the concealment difference and can already get it's self in kite mode or spot for the Sims for the team to kill it.

However, if they do fancy a barney most Shira captains auto go for torps, which gives you quite a few secondads of pounding them with guns (fast firing guns may i add) before they even fire back.

The Aka guns traverse means that if you catch them wrong, they take a while to get all their guns on target.  They too also seem to fire there torps out first which gives you plenty of time:Smile_amazed:

You also see a Aka coming so the Sims can just get into that all guns firing position when the blind Aka only have a few guns (normally the front).  Then when the engagement starts on the Sims terms, the Aka first thought is to turn and torp.  That's when the Sims do the most damage.  Avoiding torps in the Sims is the easiest thing on earth due to its very quick turn rate and rudder shift. 

So my advise to the Aka player would be don't fight a Sims one vs one and get Radio location to get your guns pointed in the right direction. If you come across one, smoke up right the way then kite and throw torps out.  basically your gonna need another ship on your side fighting it.

You get within 5 km of a sims then your toast. 6km you can escape.

The Aka is a great ship and murders BB's and poor cruisers with torps.  But it's not a great DD fighter i'm afraid.

Hope it helps abit IMHO.

Against the Z your gonna need to run even more as sitting in smoke is suicide and throwing torps out is a waist of time (hyro). 

[POI--]
Players
483 posts
7,657 battles

@Redcap375 Akatsuki can beat Sims eaisly if it kites and/or stays at range. On the other hand in CQB Sims wins hands down.

I agree on CV vulnerability, though POI is much worse off, while Akatsuki AA is decent for a T7 DD.

Sign in to follow this