Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
snowy76

Operation of the week = pointless

26 comments in this topic

Question

Players
25 posts
1,751 battles

Was looking around the Port today when i spotted the "Operation of the week" tab.
TBH, i had forgotten that was even there so i thought i would have a go.

After a few screw ups we got a 4 star win, great, a 10 point captain for my new Cruiser......

Only not really.....

It would seem i got that prize back in 2017........

Seriously Wargaming????? are you trying to look cheap????

What the actual hell is the point in doing "Operation of the week" if you are going to pull this snide rubbish....

• Bad 4

25 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,528 posts
13,801 battles

The point of the operation of the week is that that is the only operation you can queue for solo. For any other operation you require a premade division. It is designed this way so that they dont end up with 5 people queueing for 6 different operations and none of them actually forming a full team, they put the operations on a weekly rotation. The rewards are still one time only.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles
4 hours ago, snowy76 said:

Put a "Mission completed" banner on it so i don't waste my time playing something with no reward at the end....

Right, so you did not get XP and Credits and had no fun?

Btw, if you mouse over the operations, the game tells you if you got the rewards before....

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles
10 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

he's not unreasonable

Yes, lets get dozens of 10 point commanders per week...

Players
2,900 posts
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I have need of ten point commanders :)

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
1,751 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Not saying that, i'm pee'ed off that i wasted time playing a mission that advertised rewards, because WG doesn't think to say mission already completed....

It also shows how stale the content for this mission mode is.

6 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Right, so you did not get XP and Credits and had no fun?

I didn't play the mission for XP or credits.....both of which would have been better playing a random.

No, there was no fun had

Btw, if you mouse over the operations, the game tells you if you got the rewards before....

Yes it does and it does say "issued" which i only saw this morning as i was looking at the stars again.

Not very clear and i still argue it should say "mission completed"

Players
524 posts
3,145 battles

The 3rd reward is a pile of economy signals and the 5th is one day free premium. You want people to have 4 days premium and about 60 economy signals every week.
Do you even capitalism? If they don't make money, you don't have a videogame, that's how the world works.

Players
524 posts
3,145 battles

Also everyone is premium 4 days a week and everyone has more signals than they know what to do with.

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles
5 hours ago, snowy76 said:

Yes it does and it does say "issued" which i only saw this morning as i was looking at the stars again.

Not very clear and i still argue it should say "mission completed"

Basicly you are complaining about not looking carefully enough...

Players
2,900 posts

Some kind of reward after the initial bonus would be nice, having people with lots of stuff frown on small rewards, don't mean other people with less stuff won't appreciate a smaller reward :)

• Cool 1

Supertester
316 posts
7,552 battles

Well to be honest many people say its cheap etc... or pointless but i personally think the are good since what you get out of them is probably pretty much pointless for a person who already has couple of 19 point captains etc... but for new starters this is the best option to grind some nice free exp get some premium time for free etc...

What i just think is sad about operations is that there are not many new ones. The last one that was technically added was the halloween event operations and the one with japan night battle with flares etc...

Operations have a fantastique option to be used in different areas and can be really nice mode but its just after a while pretty much boring and pointless for most people.

We are still waiting for +1 yeah for hard mode where we might be able to use our T10 :D

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles
1 hour ago, lossi_2018 said:

Some kind of reward after the initial bonus would be nice, having people with lots of stuff frown on small rewards, don't mean other people with less stuff won't appreciate a smaller reward :)

You mean the millions of Free XP and Captains XP players got there?

Because you know what you are getting into and the results are pretty consistent, contrary to Random, and you therfore profit from boosters the most?

Players
2,900 posts
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You mean the millions of Free XP and Captains XP players got there?

Because you know what you are getting into and the results are pretty consistent, contrary to Random, and you therfore profit from boosters the most?

I knew from yr answer how rich you are. I wasn't flaming just offering my opinion that some smaller reward after completing initial mission would be nice. Not everyone has premium account and ships and perma camos and captains made. This convo can be derailed to stuff I stopped talking about a while ago as I see no point. It is just talk. WG will do what it wants ofc and I'm sure the small percentage of players 'already made' won't have probs with it. I don't mind if it stays as it is anyway. I might as well play some random to meet new and exciting bots to shoot at, maybe a couple of 'naked' newbies that would be even better.

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I knew from yr answer how rich you are. I wasn't flaming just offering my opinion that some smaller reward after completing initial mission would be nice. Not everyone has premium account and ships and perma camos and captains made. This convo can be derailed to stuff I stopped talking about a while ago as I see no point. It is just talk. WG will do what it wants ofc and I'm sure the small percentage of players 'already made' won't have probs with it. I don't mind if it stays as it is anyway. I might as well play some random to meet new and exciting bots to shoot at, maybe a couple of 'naked' newbies that would be even better.

New players profit from this too. 

[DAVY]
Players
2,791 posts
13,891 battles

you've obviously never farmed credits/fxp in them, there are several which give great returns, if you put on the right signals you can make silly amounts of credits/fxp, narai is probably the most popular at the moment, but cherry blossom and dynamo were great too (hopefully they are returning soon, as raptor rescue is next patch)

Players
958 posts
13,770 battles

I don't know why you downvoted the person who initially responded with a factual explanation of the current situation, just because you neither like the situation or that answer.

It's pointless posting this in the Q&A if you're going to do that and actually just want to petition for a gameplay amendment. There are appropriate sections for that; the Q&A is not.

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
1,751 battles
23 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Basicly you are complaining about not looking carefully enough...

No, I'm complaining that it isn't obvious and unless you are looking for it you might miss it.... like i did..... and hence my annoyance......

I've been told that basically no one plays them but the new players, maybe the lack of reward is why.

Maybe the 10 point captain was over generous to be repeatable but i'm sure they could do something to make the missions reverent to those who have done them before.

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles
17 minutes ago, snowy76 said:

No, I'm complaining that it isn't obvious and unless you are looking for it you might miss it.... like i did..... and hence my annoyance......

I've been told that basically no one plays them but the new players, maybe the lack of reward is why.

Maybe the 10 point captain was over generous to be repeatable but i'm sure they could do something to make the missions reverent to those who have done them before.

Then you have been told BS.

I play them from time to time (depends on operation).

Many clans play them in divisions to farm Free XP or Elite Captains XP.

Players
524 posts
3,145 battles
On 7/15/2019 at 1:28 AM, snowy76 said:

I cant be the only one to think this is WG being cheap with content.

I havent seen any similar game more generous than this one except mechwarrior online but that is just because the developers of that game cannot find a breathing human being to play their game anymore. Go try war thunder, you might get a top tier vehicle if you quit your job, divorce your wife, sell your children into slavery and give them about $2.000

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles

i use the Operations to grind the ships that I don't do so well in Randoms with, I did the Yorck and New Orleans in Narai. Made the grind fun, easy and very profitable.. I had a top damage of 265k with a New Orleans, some teams are garbage but many teams are very good and 5 star it for extra credits 

Don't write them off so easily 

[THROW]
Players
160 posts
8,129 battles
On 7/15/2019 at 12:55 AM, snowy76 said:

Was looking around the Port today when i spotted the "Operation of the week" tab.
TBH, i had forgotten that was even there so i thought i would have a go.

After a few screw ups we got a 4 star win, great, a 10 point captain for my new Cruiser......

Only not really.....

It would seem i got that prize back in 2017........

Seriously Wargaming????? are you trying to look cheap????

What the actual hell is the point in doing "Operation of the week" if you are going to pull this snide rubbish....

THIS (screenshot attached) is the point. Having some dumb fun against AI and farming a crapton of easy exp/fexp.

shot-19.07.24_13.48.05-0902.jpg

Players
25 posts
1,751 battles

Like i said, if you are playing this content for the "star" rewards then there is no replayability.

The fact it is a one trick deal should be made clearer.

9 hours ago, Ydoum said:

THIS (screenshot attached) is the point. Having some dumb fun against AI and farming a crapton of easy exp/fexp.

TBH, i'm sure players with 62% win rates can have those sort of games whatever game mode they go for. please don't put it out as something a regular player can achieve in a typical game.

Most of the time the teams are so bad you only get a win 2/3 of the time. 

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles
3 hours ago, snowy76 said:

TBH, i'm sure players with 62% win rates can have those sort of games whatever game mode they go for. please don't put it out as something a regular player can achieve in a typical game.

That is why you are in a Clan...

[THROW]
Players
160 posts
8,129 battles
17 hours ago, snowy76 said:

Like i said, if you are playing this content for the "star" rewards then there is no replayability.

The fact it is a one trick deal should be made clearer.

Sure, but it's not as relaxed and easy as operations.

Players
25 posts
1,751 battles
14 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

The point of the operation of the week is that that is the only operation you can queue for solo. For any other operation you require a premade division. It is designed this way so that they dont end up with 5 people queueing for 6 different operations and none of them actually forming a full team, they put the operations on a weekly rotation. The rewards are still one time only.

I'm sorry but that's SO cheap.

Where does it say you can only get the rewards once, EVER???

It doesn't

What is wrong with having a new set of rewards each week. 

OR

Put a "Mission completed" banner on it so i don't waste my time playing something with no reward at the end....

I cant be the only one to think this is WG being cheap with content.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Sign in to follow this