You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

has there ever been a more aggressive game mode?

19 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
677 posts
5,082 battles

the current game setup really doesnt suit me , i just dont have the parience for this blob camp run meta every game is the same routine of sprint to a corner then all sit there waiting for one person to get so bored they commit suicide and come around the corner and ill be honest its usually me ;), was wondering if they ever try game modes where action /attack is promoted over camp / defend? 

Players
10,022 posts
11,816 battles

Whole post apocalyptic battleroyale thingy with DDs for example?

Its an exception from the rule though.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,813 posts
8,982 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Whole post apocalyptic battleroyale thingy with DDs for example?

Its an exception from the rule though.

Also easier to camp it out :cap_tea:

You can sit it out, and hope most of the other 9 kill each other, then grab the rest for a win. MUCH easier than trying to kill everything yourself... ive seen multiple times 3 guys camping their spawn/buffs, and getting the win because its too hard to kill them if you are half dead.

Players
10,022 posts
11,816 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Also easier to camp it out :cap_tea:

You can sit it out, and hope most of the other 9 kill each other, then grab the rest for a win. MUCH easier than trying to kill everything yourself... ive seen multiple times 3 guys camping their spawn/buffs, and getting the win because its too hard to kill them if you are half dead.

TL;DR one does not simply rush B with a boat

[CAIN]
Players
4,487 posts
18,933 battles

You could try WoT, which much more Dynamic, action oriented and fast paced. You barely see any camping there. ^^

Players
1,697 posts
18,565 battles

They have tried various ways to encourage aggressive play styles, one was "Bastion" where there were bases you could capture and then these bases would fire on the enemy, but a lot of people complained the bases were too strong so it got removed. 

I think the post apocalyptic battle royal mode and the cap buffs are the only other game modes created to encourage aggressive play.

The other way they have tried to encourage aggressive play has been certain ship lines such as the German BBs which are supposed to be used in close quarters. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,813 posts
8,982 battles
1 minute ago, lovelacebeer said:

The other way they have tried to encourage aggressive play has been certain ship lines such as the German BBs which are supposed to be used in close quarters.

Imo they could make mechanics, which would force people to move around more, f.e. dispersion buff against ships which are not moving or moving very slowly (maybe from reversing to 1/4 ahead ). Currently, a ship sitting full broadside can be tricky to hit at the citadel, because of WGs stupid auto aim correction. You can try to aim at the waterline, but it will fall short very often (maybe always - not sure). And for torps no RNG spread, because hitting a bow on camping BB with torps is like playing the lottery.

Then atleast, people might move around a bit more. Then just increase the dispersion at very long range, so that BBs wont hit reliably anymore. But Slava does ofc the opposite so... gl with that.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
281 posts
12,504 battles
1 hour ago, Padds01 said:

the current game setup really doesnt suit me , i just dont have the parience for this blob camp run meta every game is the same routine of sprint to a corner then all sit there waiting for one person to get so bored they commit suicide and come around the corner and ill be honest its usually me ;), was wondering if they ever try game modes where action /attack is promoted over camp / defend? 

You are only about 500 battles in. Be patient and do not generalize so soon about the gamemodes. If they still do not suit you maybe this game is not what youre looking for.

Beta Tester
5,214 posts
24,008 battles

Ehhh... Have you tried torping your teammates? Its the most agressive mode! 

• Funny 1

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles
49 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Ehhh... Have you tried torping your teammates? Its the most agressive mode! 

Torped that annoying Carnal constantly keeping station between me and the enemy 3 DDs.

Didnt even leave a scratch on the bastard :cap_book:(although it is unknown if it contributed to him and the other friendly dd promptly suiciding into the enemy team, achieving absolutely nothing) 

Meanwhile my remaining torps were the only ones to find their mark...

[-LA-]
Players
677 posts
5,082 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

You could try WoT, which much more Dynamic, action oriented and fast paced. You barely see any camping there. ^^

i did try that, played 3 games i think. 

3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Who would have thought that tactics work in a tactical game...

not sure what your point is , do you think games with high amounts of action like Starcraft are not tactical ? like aggrssive and tactical is mutually exclusive?

2 hours ago, Miki12345 said:

You are only about 500 battles in. Be patient and do not generalize so soon about the gamemodes. If they still do not suit you maybe this game is not what youre looking for.

yeah that was the conclusions i was heading to , was just curious if they had tried other things and if it was liekly to happen , i guess after all these years others that like a more active game have left long ago . its all good i got a good hunded hours or so out of it. really enjoy the mechanics its just the gameplay i cant get behind

thanks for the replies

[CATS]
Players
26,704 posts
14,317 battles
2 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

not sure what your point is , do you think games with high amounts of action like Starcraft are not tactical ? like aggrssive and tactical is mutually exclusive?

No.

No.

But there are good and bad tactics. And rushing into the enemy is usually a bad tactic.

In Starcraft you can use disposable scouts for that. Bad idea to do the same in WoWs....

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
4 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

They have tried various ways to encourage aggressive play styles, one was "Bastion" where there were bases you could capture and then these bases would fire on the enemy, but a lot of people complained the bases were too strong so it got removed. 

I think the post apocalyptic battle royal mode and the cap buffs are the only other game modes created to encourage aggressive play.

IMO they should try a test server where they globally lower primary gun ranges. Certainly at high tiers ranges are hideously extraneous, and almost everyone has the option of bringing a spotter plane on top of that. When everyone can shoot from everywhere and it's practically impossible to be out of range across open water, position play on the map becomes island and line of sight focussed rather than manoeuvre and area control focussed.

4 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yeah, initially, but once I got used to the optimal positions and such it felt like playing whack-a-mole in 3-lane MOBA maps.

Players
392 posts
8,125 battles

If a by "aggressive game mode" you correlate that with the word "challenge". Just use a destroyer, every time, all the time. Cap, re-cap, contest, spot, etc.

There have been very little aggressive (not stupid) Destroyer game play since 0.8.0.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles
8 hours ago, Padds01 said:

was wondering if they ever try game modes where action /attack is promoted over camp / defend?

Well, kinda.

The last Space Battles event had such gamemodes where one side had to attack objectives while the other side defended them. Have no idea how they worked out since I didn't participate.

Since such events are usually testbeds to try new things we could see such a gamemode being implemented in the future. No guarantees tho.

[CATS]
Players
26,704 posts
14,317 battles
7 hours ago, StringWitch said:

IMO they should try a test server where they globally lower primary gun ranges. Certainly at high tiers ranges are hideously extraneous, and almost everyone has the option of bringing a spotter plane on top of that. When everyone can shoot from everywhere and it's practically impossible to be out of range across open water, position play on the map becomes island and line of sight focussed rather than manoeuvre and area control focussed.

That was suggested years ago. WG and many players were not interested.

In my opinion this is the obvious reason many players have more fun in the mid Tiers.

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,130 battles

Me personally, hard to say how many other players, do not like savage battles because of its peace.

First 5 minutes, you wait, then you yolo who is still afloat. If your teammates suicide first you lost.

Everything is just to fast and too much. I prefer random and ranked, where your team is against equally sized team, this 3 vs 9 is not my cup of tea.

Players
502 posts
1,580 battles

Guess I was just lucky this weekend in that nearly all my games were of a push forward aggressive style from both teams as well.

Managed a few long range torpedo strikes as well, open water in a DD is fun provided you don't shoot and keep an eye on the minimap, the dotted line is your friend!

But then what do I know? I scout caps in my Massachusetts! (and often win doing so......)