You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RamboCras

Sailing straight into cap in the first minute...

68 comments in this topic

[VLOOT]
[VLOOT]
Players
257 posts
18,550 battles

Why do non DD ships sail straight into a cap at the start of the game? Just had a guy with 55% win rate (which is good right?) sail into the cap in his Yamato with 2 DDs in it (they were radared) en 2 tier X BBs en 3 cruisers around it? He was gone in 2 minutes.....

Same with the 20k XP in DD, so many 4 DD games, In so many times 3 DDs are gone in 5 minutes...

[CATS]
Players
26,667 posts
14,305 battles

DD are the ship class that takes the highest risk and who are focussed most (if the enemy knows what he is doing). Therefore it is no surprise many get sunk early.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles

The best advice I ever got in the battle chat was the very laconic, "Don't die." It really says it all.

Mind you, it's not always easy to abide by it. Stay in the back row in a DD, and you´re not likely to be of much use to the team. And you don't usually gain anything without taking risks in World of Warships (unless of course you're in a carrier :Smile-_tongue:).

Anyway, getting to a cap quick can give the team a head start. So it can be worth it. Live fast, die young, and leave behind a scorched, water-sodden corpse - that's the way of a dashing destroyer captain! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles

Some people camp too hard, some rush too hard. Well, they're just like WG, can't be balanced comrade :cap_tea:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

Just had a guy with 55% win rate (which is good right?) sail into the cap in his Yamato

He maybe was drunk? People do stuff, not everybody needs a session on the couch with a psychoanalyst.

• Cool 2

[SAVVY]
Players
275 posts
4,017 battles
21 minutes ago, 250swb said:

He maybe was drunk? People do stuff, not everybody needs a session on the couch with a psychoanalyst.

Nah he just had (per our gnome overlord Jingles) "A sudden, intense and ultimately catastrophic rush of sh*t to the brain".

• Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,547 posts

Yeah... going into a cap straight at the start with a BB is something you've come to expect more of people of my skill level... (I do it sometimes.. because I mistakenly believe I can help our DDs.. and nobody else is doing anything to help them.) With a DD I mostly detest trying to go into a cap right at the start which makes people upset.. so sometimes I do go for an early cap so I can get to my next battle sooner. I have a very high success rate with that, much better than my capping percentage.

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
7 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Thing is, in game people expect the DD's to cap, if you dare to do something out of the ordinary, then salt will come flowing your way,

Just use addon to remove chat. Nothing productive comes out of that anyways. Too much egoists.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3,281 posts
Just now, Boris_MNE said:

Just use addon to remove chat. Nothing productive comes out of that anyways. Too much egoists.

What add on?

There was supposed to be a setting put in setting where you can turn of chat in there as in WoT's, sorely needed and long long long overdue.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,547 posts
2 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yes.. still, sometimes I could swear the splashes around me were fired from somewhere behind... :Smile_sceptic:

[-TCP-]
Players
216 posts
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

Why do non DD ships sail straight into a cap at the start of the game? Just had a guy with 55% win rate (which is good right?) sail into the cap in his Yamato with 2 DDs in it (they were radared) en 2 tier X BBs en 3 cruisers around it? He was gone in 2 minutes.....

Same with the 20k XP in DD, so many 4 DD games, In so many times 3 DDs are gone in 5 minutes...

I like his style. Jesrng has a lot to answer for.

Think, why did he do this, what reason did he have?

Did he think he could win?  No, probably not. So why charge in to certain death? Could it be his team mates had fled to the 4 corners of the map, was he watching a rubbish team fold their hand? Or any of the other reasons we have to put up with awful players doing stupid things that eventually make you want to suicide?

ummm.

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
Vor 20 Stunden, NoobySkooby sagte:

What add on?

There was supposed to be a setting put in setting where you can turn of chat in there as in WoT's, sorely needed and long long long overdue.

To be added after that "feature" train command center or whatever is the name I didn't put much attention lately. :Smile_facepalm:

Maybe community needs just smooth UI  :Smile_coin:

Vor 20 Stunden, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

Yes.. still, sometimes I could swear the splashes around me were fired from somewhere behind... :Smile_sceptic:

Replay and to support -> let them deal with *Edit*. You can enjoy your gameplay as you wish. Play to enjoy my proposal. If you enjoy flanking with shima and you keep dying within 10 minutes in cap, then when you quit game you will feel sorry for not playing as you felt it should be played on relaxing and entertaining way for yourself. Just my personal tip! It's free as well. Hehe.

Edited by Carnivore81
Language
  • Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,547 posts
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

Reply and to support -> let them deal with mongols. You can enjoy your gameplay as you wish. Play to enjoy my proposal. If you enjoy flanking with shima and you keep dying within 10 minutes in cap, then when you quit game you will feel sorry for not playing as you felt it should be played on relaxing and entertaining way for yourself. Just my personal tip! It's free as well. Hehe.

Cheers, man, though I don't need 10 minutes to die in a cap! :Smile_trollface: And, yes, you are correct that I am a flanker/scout DD player. The lone warrior type but I also like to keep enemy DD's spotted if I got better stealth. With good teams that means our cruisers and BB's will actually do something about them!

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
5,956 posts
7,587 battles
Vor 20 Stunden, Boris_MNE sagte:

Replay and to support -> let them deal with *edit*. You can enjoy your gameplay as you wish. Play to enjoy my proposal. If you enjoy flanking with shima and you keep dying within 10 minutes in cap, then when you quit game you will feel sorry for not playing as you felt it should be played on relaxing and entertaining way for yourself. Just my personal tip! It's free as well. Hehe.

The thing is, they don't. The 'pink system'is deemed good enough by WG. 

I even had a fool in a DD torp my CV once. He even let loose a second salvo. 

Of course he croaked it from the 'return damage' and my CV repaired itself.. 

but no use reporting that because they do exactly NOTHING about it. 

Vor 22 Stunden, RamboCras sagte:

I do it lots of times in Conqkek and also in Hood. After all they are battlecruisers - works great when there are only 1 or 2 DDs. 

Usually I live, too. In Conqkeke you can do it if you are undetected. Sometimes I even have a nice cruiser meal (shoot AP).

In Hood you get away with it because of 'lemmingtrain'. Often I steal caps that way and I see no red ships around. 

Sailing into a cap that has 2 DDs in it with a Yamato, knowing it... well... no.

I do barge in though when I see it is our DD having a scrap with a red one and nobody else is helping. Load the HE, BOOM.

Zitat

Well yeah. That has been happening ever since I play the game. 

I guess if you have many/plenty DDs it is a way to grind.

Start game, suicide-run, make enough credits, have some gains,

start next game with other DD... repeat.... repeat... 

Edited by Carnivore81

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,776 posts
16,839 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

Turning chat off, are you insane? How should I flame my team without chat? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,242 battles
7 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Don't encourage players to disable chat. That will just make it easier for them to ignore people screaming at them not to yolo or do some other stupid crap when they say they 'don't care and are just having a bit of fun' if they want to do that without hastle then go to Co op. 

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
30 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Don't encourage players to disable chat. That will just make it easier for them to ignore people screaming at them not to yolo or do some other stupid crap when they say they 'don't care and are just having a bit of fun' if they want to do that without hastle then go to Co op. 

But WG is going to implement this in few patches away in the future.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,242 battles
17 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

But WG is going to implement this in few patches away in the future.

probably. they do like pandering to the less skilled player base 

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
34 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

probably. they do like pandering to the less skilled player base 

Maybe because there's too much toxicity.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,242 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Maybe because there's too much toxicity.

Maybe people need to have thicker skin. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
Just now, Mr_Snoww said:

Maybe people need to have thicker skin. 

Dude we're in 2k19. I don't want to go into some topics that will get me banned but see what's going on especially with younger generation (below 20 yo millennials) .... :fish_palm:

• Cool 3

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,242 battles
21 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Dude we're in 2k19. I don't want to go into some topics that will get me banned but see what's going on especially with younger generation (below 20 yo millennials) .... :fish_palm:

so sad how touchy people are these days that people are scared to even mention some topics in case it offends someone haha. kinda pathetic tbh.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
38 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

so sad how touchy people are these days that people are scared to even mention some topics in case it offends someone haha. kinda pathetic tbh.

Yep. Clown world honk honk.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
14,090 battles
11 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Thing is, in game people expect the DD's to cap, if you dare to do something out of the ordinary, then salt will come flowing your way,

There is a difference between actually sitting in the circle, and being usefull around the cap. Entering the cap early is almost certain death, while spotting around the cap is useful. Sailing map edge spamming torps is not (unless you have ijn torp boat)

• Cool 1