Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CallmeMessi

Who should get top spot - Kraken or Survival?

12 comments in this topic

Players
146 posts
21,738 battles

Throw this one in to see how many players get tied scores. In my case, I died getting a Kraken, would you do it?

image.thumb.png.e15eebea354a3bae324373aeb1ee78a4.png

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles

As @ColonelPete said depends on situation.

Though many people are selfish , so they prefer getting the kraken at all cost, not looking at the situation and risking their ship for that. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,017 posts
7,705 battles

Depending if it's a good trade, yes. If I can do more damage later, nope.

You killed them all though so if you can RAM the last one to seci ure victory, hell yeah do it.

I did that once, we were ~25 points ahead and we both were last on team. 

He had 10% health and I had 80%, but he had torps. SO RAM. We won. Worth it. :Smile_trollface:

[SHAFT]
Players
9,876 posts
9,003 battles

You gain nothing from surviving, unlike getting a kill which equals more XP.

If the game is won already, no problem in dieing to take one other out. However if you might still lose, then i wouldnt take the risk.

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You gain nothing from surviving, unlike getting a kill which equals more XP.

If the game is won already, no problem in dieing to take one other out. However if you might still lose, then i wouldnt take the risk.

It depends on situation (points lead and being low hp etc. ) 

I saw many guys risk the win for the kraken. And sometimes I did lose a round because of them. 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if it's preferable to stay alive or get another kill (in which case yes, getting the kill equals more XP and credits earned, unless of course you jeopardize victory chasing after a kill), or are you asking whether a higher killcount should earn you the higher place despite equal base XP (in which case, what does it matter?)

As an aside to the latter, I'd guess the explanation would be that the game rounds displayed base XP and the other guy just had a decimal point more than you and was thus listed higher.

Players
7,111 posts
245 battles

I think you get an extra few points for surviving, than if you die but still do good.

So you might of gotten over 2k exp had you survived but things happen.

[SHAD]
Players
2,606 posts
11,651 battles

I believe cruisers always end up below battleships on equal scores. Could be wrong.

[-TCP-]
Players
216 posts

umm, as a scrub player, the choice would be nice. In other words, who cares? The masses end up as fodder. The game needs to change, especially RNG on MM.

I can feel a campaign building......

Players
146 posts
21,738 battles

Maybe we are joint 1st and the logic puts the BB over a Cruiser - I don't know. I just feel if the base points are equal then the most kills should take precedence. If it was one point less then we wouldn't be chatting about it. In the grand scheme of things being 1st or 2nd does not mean much unless you are ultra competitive.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,111 posts
21,565 battles

Probably the game counts XP in decimal numbers and it shows us the whole number only. I would assume the first guy had 0.1 to 0.4 more XP so he is first. This is fun in ranked when two people save a star.