Sign in to follow this  
Zigiran

How to Perth?

7 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
218 posts
5,749 battles

I bought the Perth yesterday and I have been looking for some guides about it, but it all seems to be guides from 2016.

And they are very outdated (5 rows of captain skills?)

So, can anybody help me building my Perth?

Consumables:

I think the spotter plane > the fighter plane, since you want the extra range (12.8 km basic range)?

Upgrades:

1: Improved spotter plane or main armament mod 1?

2: I guess the hydro mod?

3: Smoke mod

4: Stearing mod

Captain build:

I'm guessing something like:

PT

AR (or EM?)

SI

CE

After that I'm not sure... I guess DE and LS?

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,539 battles

That's how my commander looks like. You can abandon vigilance and take demo expert instead.

Jack of all trades is necessary cause the smoke cooldown is sooooo long

Screenshot_20190713-124621~2.png

[_FK_]
Players
218 posts
5,749 battles

Thanks for the captains build!

On 7/13/2019 at 10:42 AM, Zigiran said:

Upgrades:

Am I correct with the upgrades for slot 2 and 3?

And what should I take in slot 1?

Players
8,162 posts
9,026 battles
On 7/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, Zigiran said:

Thanks for the captains build!

Am I correct with the upgrades for slot 2 and 3?

And what should I take in slot 1?

Slot 1 is either Main Armaments Mod or Spotter Plane Mod.

Spotter plane was in the past a better option, because it provided range and it provided spotting. Part of what makes Belfast so strong is the ability to 20 s radar targets, spotting for herself from smoke. Perth has a long-lasting spotter plane that could do basically that too. With the drastic reduction of aerial detection that value goes down obviously and fighter is very valid air defense now. Overall, both options are worthwhile though.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
On 7/13/2019 at 10:42 AM, Zigiran said:

I bought the Perth yesterday and I have been looking for some guides about it, but it all seems to be guides from 2016.

And they are very outdated (5 rows of captain skills?)

So, can anybody help me building my Perth?

Consumables:

I think the spotter plane > the fighter plane, since you want the extra range (12.8 km basic range)?

Upgrades:

Captain build:

I'm guessing something like:

PT

AR (or EM?)

SI

CE

After that I'm not sure... I guess DE and LS?

No you pick the spotter plane for the active duration not so much for the range.

For modules I go all special modules (spotter, hydro, smoke) and steering. Damagecontrol is viable too though for the times you are kiting without smoke to reduce the fire damage you take from other HE flingers.

My captain build is

expert loader (I do priority target with my own mapawareness and sometime you want to load Ap for that juicy cruiser broadside)

AR and Last stand (nothing is more annoying than losing the rudder while trying to kite) if you can't handle the long smoke downtime JoaT is an option too.

SI (obviously for more consumables) and DE (you can also take vigilance if you don't trust your spidersenses when hydro is on cooldown)

CE and IFHE

The way I play Perth is as a DD support in the beginning (follow your Dd to the cap and give the other DD hell while spotting torps with Hydro) with the moving smoke at quarter speed. If you see no DDs farm the cruisers and BBs if there are no cruisers. Always keep an eye on the timer of the smoke consumable. start moving away from the enemys when there is 40-30 sec. left on the clock. Then use the last 10 sec. smoke duration to speed up and start fleeing/kiting any ships trying to follow you.

Go in concealment before smoke is off cooldown and close in again. Smoke up and farm damage. Go for mostly undefended caps and get them for your team if your DDs can't or are busy. Always make sure there is someone else that can spot for you. Especially the DDs are your best friends - keep them safe!

You would be surprised how much Perth can influence the match that way.

Have fun with that gorgeous ship. It's my favourite ship in the game even though I am a DD main. :fish_cute_2:

P.S. There is a cute pink Koala hidden on the ship. Try to find it in port. :crab:

[_FK_]
Players
218 posts
5,749 battles

Thanks for the info

6 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

P.S. There is a cute pink Koala hidden on the ship. Try to find it in port. :crab:

I did spot something pink on the ship, very small, could be a Koala? If so, I counted 11 of them.

Sign in to follow this