You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Just saw Siegfried (T9 German Supercruiser) on Live Server?

112 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,330 posts
8,144 battles

I tought that Siegfried was only just given to Supertesters on PTS ?

Did I miss something there ?

Have they given it to Testers on Live Server as well now ?

shot-19_07.13_05_46.57-0015.thumb.jpg.a9f38baeaf508f4e66d8586350c8335c.jpg

• Cool 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
222 posts
6,795 battles

Saw a few matches of it on a stream - does not look too promising tbh. The guns are pretty accurate, but that's about it. The HE damage is pityful, the turtleback does not really help against any serious caliber and the 90(?)mm armor strip along the midsection ensures that it eats a ton of full pens. I guess it's supposed  to be a brawler but does not have the armor-layout for that job.

[MORIA]
Players
7,346 posts
36,646 battles
5 minutes ago, Zieten said:

Saw a few matches of it on a stream - does not look too promising tbh. The guns are pretty accurate, but that's about it. The HE damage is pityful, the turtleback does not really help against any serious caliber and the 90(?)mm armor strip along the midsection ensures that it eats a ton of full pens. I guess it's supposed  to be a brawler but does not have the armor-layout for that job.

The 380 HE is really bad, sharn HE 283mm is better imho.

Players
10,036 posts
11,833 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

The 380 HE is really bad, sharn HE 283mm is better imho.

But... but... 94mm HE pen memes when you meet odd Atlanta:Smile_trollface:

At least AP carries some overmatch potential.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,923 posts
19,749 battles

Completely worthless ship from what I've seen.

Also all AP DBs are going to love you.

[BANCV]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
30 posts
18,295 battles

It is not a brawling ship like neither of the cruisers. (Except against other stationary cruisers & some bbs, where it is very nice to brawl.

It has quite good concealment though with 11.9km so you can pick your targets and broadsides very freely. The AA isn't too bad either depending on your consumable picks. Looks and feels slick while playing. More games will tell how it fits into the game right now.

Plus the accuracy is very, very good. Gneisenaus guns have 240m dispersion at 17.8km and Siegfried is at 163m@20.6km.

(WIP stats)

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,173 posts
13,728 battles

Yes - Siegfried, Somers, Friesland and Ark Royal were released for testers yesterday. My - totally subjective - work in progress - first impressions:

Siegfried: Super accurate AP-guns. No armor. Not sure how to play it, tanking does of course not work. Feels more like an uptiered and accurate Graf-Spee than a german BB.

Ark Royal: Feels like a T6 - Kaga. 3x3 Torp-squads work better than Furious. Dropbombs with 12(?) bombs per plane (36 per strike if i'm correct) hit hard, if they penetrate. Ship is usesless versus T8 :D

Somers: Reduced torp-reload reduces OP-ness. Feels like a slightly better Benham - without AA.

Friesland: No Torps, no speedboost. And the guns are bad :Smile_amazed: The shells are even slower than Atlanta's. At least the smoke lasts forever. The AA is on Wooster-lever on the other hand. And she looks nice.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,924 posts
16,163 battles

Just saw Siegfried (T9 German Supercruiser) on Live Server?

Every time I read the words "Supercruiser" I get an Abba ear worm. I see no reason why you shouldn't have it too.

48 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Friesland: No Torps, no speedboost. And the guns are bad :Smile_amazed: The shells are even slower than Atlanta's. At least the smoke lasts forever. The AA is on Wooster-lever on the other hand. And she looks nice.

Light shell, innit? Never going to be a rail gun. Still, you can fire a lot of them. :):cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
7,099 posts
245 battles

Seems like sigfried is either a kiter or flanker.

wg: bUt iTS a bRAwLeR.

yeah no, just like the georgia.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,330 posts
8,144 battles

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Completely worthless ship from what I've seen.

Also all AP DBs are going to love you.

I am not so Sure to be Honest.

The HE Might be Bad in Terms of Damage.

But 94mm HE Pen means that any Hit with this HE will be almost Guaranteed to be Full Pen.

And the Ships Accuracy is Crazy. With 6 of 6 Shells Hitting Pretty Reliably on anything below 20km. Meaning any HE Salvo on Long Range has an Easy 7-9k Damage Potential that will often actually come to Pass thanks to High Accuracy.

From the Match I saw Yesterday there.

The Accuracy is Seriously Insane by the way.

The Guy was Shooting at a Yamato as he Advanced. And almost constantly it was 6 of 6 Hits. Reducing the Yamatos HP.

And while the HE is not very Strong. The AP is the Same as on Bismarck and Tirpitz. Which means it can Penetrate BB Citadels from Broadside. And it can Easily Pen Citadels of Cruisers.

Which Paired with the Insane Accuracy makes this thing a Cruiser Deletion Machine on Any Range.

Now the Armor is Clearly only Cruiser Armor. Which means this Ship will mostly be Overmatches and HE Penned itself.

So this is Clearly NOT a Brawler like other German Ships.

It simply wont be BowTanking anything except Enemy Cruisers. And with that Weak Deck Armor I would not want to be in Range of any HE Spamming DD or Cruiser either.

But Nobody Said that the Ship has to be a Brawler.

Just because its a German Ship doesnt mean it has to Follow the Usual German Doctrine of being a Close Range Brawler.

Its got 20km Base Range. And as a T9 Ship it Gets Access to Range Upgrade as well.  Which Should bring the Range to about 23km And as the Secondary Battery is lower Range anyways. The Increased Accuracy Upgrade would likely Balance out the Higher Range.

And with the Fairly Fast Reload. The Reload Upgrade would not be that Useful anyways. Even more so when the Turret Rotation is not very Fast for a Cruiser either.

So its Possible we are Just Currently Judging it by the Wrong Standards. This might actually Result in this Ship becoming the First Useful German Sniper thanks to the Extreme Accuracy and High AP Alpha Damage and Penetration.

So I would Wait a Bit and See First.

As this Ship might Simply go a wholly Different Way than normal German Ships and actually Turn out Rather Good when Played Right.

• Cool 2

Players
5,977 posts
11,541 battles
9 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I tought that Siegfried was only just given to Supertesters on PTS ?

Did I miss something there ?

Have they given it to Testers on Live Server as well now ?

shot-19_07.13_05_46.57-0015.thumb.jpg.a9f38baeaf508f4e66d8586350c8335c.jpg

I saw several streamers play Siegfried yesterday. The question that I have in my head is just how suuuper this cruiser will turn out to be :Smile_trollface:

Players
492 posts
9,746 battles

Capture2.thumb.PNG.724af9aad754b61453932a9df267c5a3.PNGCapture3.thumb.PNG.d0d4be9a195684e0db85158d928b155b.PNG

@Crysantos  now its time to give Gneisenau, Bismarck and Tirpitz some love: Same Guns, Same Shells, Same Everything - why are the Sailors on Gneisenau, Bismarck and Tirpitz drunk? Why cant they hit a Barn? 

Give these Ships the same Sigma and Dispersion as Siegfried!

• Cool 4

[BBMM]
Players
6,013 posts
7,673 battles
4 hours ago, gustywinds said:

Yeah,I sank one yesterday. 

Almost did. He was hiding behind his island though and my Conqkek croaked it defending cap.

His bow ate my AP very well, but not well enough.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/10242-which-forum-members-have-you-seen-in-random-battles/?do=findComment&comment=3081560

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/10242-which-forum-members-have-you-seen-in-random-battles/?do=findComment&comment=3081560

EDIT: doesn't seem to work, just click it.

[TEC]
Beta Tester
199 posts

Only 4 forward mounted 380mm gun barrels on a tier IX battlecruiser? Instead of 6 smaller caliber guns?

giphy.gif

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts
9 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

It's on testing on live server. Maybe we can get it at the end of 2019.

My guess is Gamescom (end of August)

8 hours ago, Smeggo said:

And it's Dutch!!

Although that only means I am completely biased :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
37 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Almost did. He was hiding behind his island though and my Conqkek croaked it defending cap.

His bow ate my AP very well, but not well enough.

EDIT: doesn't seem to work, just click it.

Yeah, mine was hiding behind an island as well. Flew right to the other side then came in his blind side  and hit him with six torps (he’d been softened with a few fires)

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
54 minutes ago, Mysterion2109 said:

why are the Sailors on Gneisenau, Bismarck and Tirpitz drunk? Why cant they hit a Barn? 

cross-eyed-sailor-58627765.jpg

[MORIA]
Players
7,346 posts
36,646 battles
43 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

And it's Dutch!!

Although that only means I am completely biased

Same as I on Błyskawica. It needs a buff!!! :cap_horn: