Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Wiki broken

11 comments in this topic

Players
2,294 posts
20,686 battles

Hi,

for a few days now, nothing has been happening when clicking the "top" link on Wiki ship pages. Where you switch between stock and fully upgraded ships.

Does anybody know what that's all about?

I've experienced it on two different systems, both Linux and Windows, Firefox and IE. So I'm thinking the issue is not on my end.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles

The 3d model viewer has also been broken for at least as long, was wondering how long it'd take before someone commented on it here tbh..

Players
2,294 posts
20,686 battles

So Customer Service told me there has been a malfunction, the "top" link was no longer working correctly. They figure other things are more important, so they disabled it for the foreseeable future ("for now... no time frame for when it will be fixed")

THIS is what they learned from the whole carrier debacle. Since the RTS days.  Remember how poor documentation, lack of tutorials and info sources was and is a recurring theme coming up WHENEVER there is ANOTHER disaster? How the CV mains used to harp on it and basically everyone agreed and they promised again and again the sitch would be improved?

Now they castrate the ONE info source that used to be maybe about 85% functional because it isn't important enough to them.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,982 posts
1,935 battles

That was definitely not intentional and it is obviously not in our interest to disable features that are visible.

We are looking into the wiki in general, but I do not have any ETAs for fixes.

Apart from that, you did not receive the reply about us having other priorities. I am sorry if you felt like that was implied and the messaging might not have been perfect, but up until now we didn't realise that the edit @floribe2000 found was actually the cause of this, as it was related to the WoT wiki and not the WoWs wiki part. Sorry for the confusion.

It was reported as a bug already and is currently being worked on.

Edited by Sehales

Players
1,037 posts
11,906 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

That was definitely not intentional and it is obviously not in our interest to disable features that are visible.

We are looking into the wiki in general, but I do not have any ETAs for fixes.

Apart from that, you did not receive the reply about us having other priorities. I am sorry if you felt like that was implied and the messaging might not have been perfect, but up until now we didn't realise that the edit @floribe2000 found was actually the cause of this, as it was related to the WoT wiki and not the WoWs wiki part. Sorry for the confusion.

It was reported as a bug already and is currently being worked on.

Hi, 

If you have someone looking into the Wiki could they perhaps assist me in fixing part of the World of Warplanes wiki? I am currently the main moderator of that Wiki but i run into some issues that i can't really fix myself 

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
2,059 posts
6,535 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Isoruku_Yamamoto sagte:

Hi, 

If you have someone looking into the Wiki could they perhaps assist me in fixing part of the World of Warplanes wiki? I am currently the main moderator of that Wiki but i run into some issues that i can't really fix myself 

Do you have technical issues (that only WG can fix) or do you just need some help with some wiki functions in general?

• Cool 1

Players
1,037 posts
11,906 battles
40 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

Do you have technical issues (that only WG can fix) or do you just need some help with some wiki functions in general?

Well, i am an administrator so theoretically i should be able to fix pretty much anything (pretty much) i come across. And gradually i'm starting to become more and more familiar with the wiki, but there are things such as adding plane pages, making new templates etc which are pretty much over my head since all examples that i have is to look at existing pages- so basically i'd need someone to take a look at a couple of rather specific issues. 
Some of them are just hey, can you explain me how to do this - but already on the level on someone who knows his way around the wiki- and others are really "can you help me fix this, or could you make a template for this". 

You see, the Wiki for WoWP is pretty much abandoned since 2016 in terms of maintenance and i started picking it back up, but a lot has changed in the game. And basically i need to add data such as new equipment, which i'd gladly do- but right now the only way i see myself doing that is fully manually. And that'd cost me too much time lol. 

P.S. This does however NOT mean that i need help specifically with the WoWP side of the Wiki. 
I just need a Wiki expert basically, i can figure the WoWP part out

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto
PS

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
2,059 posts
6,535 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, LowSpeedHighDrag sagte:

The status box of online players per region is not working as well.

For me it's working. Try to refresh the page while deleting the local page cache, usually it's Ctrl+F5

Players
2,294 posts
20,686 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Sehales sagte:

Apart from that, you did not receive the reply about us having other priorities. I am sorry if you felt like that was implied and the messaging might not have been perfect,

Glad I could be constructive in helping you discover that.

Apropos of nothing special, only today I myself dicovered WG is indeed a company with a staff exceeding 4,000 employees.

• Cool 1

Players
35 posts
9,274 battles

Hey,  does wiki.wows  update ship stats  at least on english pages ?  Tyvm    ( I know that job is killing time  : /    )

image.thumb.png.9f2e8e60023be779984977646d124f06.png

Sign in to follow this