Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - French Destroyers, part 2: New unique commander and collection

17 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,579 posts
3,888 battles

Update 0.8.7 will include the second part of the French destroyers event. It will be represented by one stage of the four directives.

For completing the tasks of the directives and taking places in the hall of fame of the event, you will get various ingame items, containers "Legion of Honour" and a new temporary resource -Gallic token.

WG_SPB_WoWS_Collection_087_1920x1080.jpg

The containers will reward players with elements of the new French collection and a chance to get a combat mission on one of the premium French ships: De Grasse, Aigle, Gascogne, Le Terrible.

A new collection dedicated to the French navy consisting of 4 parts is coming. For completing the sub-collections, you will be able to gain a second flag and alternative camouflage color scheme for French battleships and cruisers. For completing the whole collection, you will be able to mount a second flag and alternative camouflage color scheme for the French destroyers.

Gallic tokens can be exchanged in the Arsenal for consumable camouflages, days of warships premium account, signals, doubloons and the main award of update 0.8.7 - the new unique commander Philippe Auboyneau!

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Collection_Commander_3_1920x1080.jpg

The new commander has three talents:

• Flame of the Revolution - Each time player gets a ribbon for capturing or helping to capture a control area, the chance of causing fire by main battery shells increases by 1%;
  • Fully armed - activates with obtaining the "Devastating strike" achievement and reduces reload time of ships armament by 10%;
  • Speed and endurance - Increases the ship's maximum speed by 5% for each million of potential damage.

These talents do not work in Clan battles.

Besides that, this commander has one improved skill: "Survivability Expert": increases the ship's hit points by 400 per level, and the aircraft by 30.

The talents of the new commander and the conditions for their activation are a continuation of the new concept for unique commanders, which was started with the appearance of Admiral Kuznetsov in the game. The conditions of activating Philippe Auboyneau's talents match the gameplay of the true French commander, but are quite simple, and the talents themselves give less bonuses than those of such unique commanders as Halsey and Yamamoto.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

Players
2,503 posts
Il y a 56 minutes, Tanatoy a dit :

Le nouveau commandant à trois compétences particulières :

• Flamme de la Révolution - Chaque fois que un joueur obtient un ruban pour "capture" ou "aide à la capture" d'une aire de contrôle, la chance d'allumer un feu par les obus des canons principaux augmente de 1%.
  • Complètement préparé - Activé avec l'obtention d'une "Frappe dévastatrice", réduit le temps de rechargement de tout les armements de 10%.
  • Vitesse et endurance - Augmente la vitesse maximum du navire de 5% pour chaque million de dommage potentiel accumulé.

En plus de cela ce commandant à une compétence améliorée, "Expert en survie" : augmente les point de vie des navires de 400 par niveau, et des avions de 30 par niveau.

J'ai presque pitié pour mes futures victimes, ce commandant sera juste complètement abusé sur un joueur suffisamment bon pour pratiquer un style de jeu offensif en DD français.

@Tanatoy Je veut le même pour mon Khaba.

30200-dd19ddfb705893f4a78d0578e308d6df.j

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,929 battles

Can we have a ability where if you get a kraken with the special commander, all your ship flags turn white in surrender. Also, a ghost of napoleon will then fly up from the ship into space

• Funny 4

[BOTES]
Players
63 posts
4,484 battles

I could bet my whole account that to get the unique commander, you either have to nolife grind for tokens everyday, all patch long or you buy him via surprise-mechanic boxes.

Jesus Christ Wargaming, you really want P2W in your game, don't you? Kuznetsov was already strong, but these skills are even more ridiculous. If your plan is to introduce a new "special" commander with every new arc, then I know that I'll leave the game for good. I neither have the time nor am I willing to spend the money to keep up with all your new enhanced commanders with special skills. And a game that goes a way like this certainly isn't for me.

I really hope lootboxes get banned asap in the EU, so WG has to think about other ways to get money from their customers than via shitty surprise mechanics. Otherwise I have to leave the game (that I really like in principle).

• Cool 7

[ADRIA]
Players
249 posts
9,462 battles

WG, this commander is OP as hell, what are you smoking?

DDs have to invest 3 captain skill points into BFT to get  10% reload (and there's a reason this skill is for DDs only). In a BB, you need to invest 2 skill points into AR and lose half your hp.

However, with this captain you'll constantly see Republiques and Bourgognes sailing around with 15 sec reloads and 40-45 knots of speed (you're a bad BB captain if you don't get AT LEAST 2 mln potential in a match). 

Players
2,920 posts
16,661 battles

This is OP has hell, not to mention immersion breaking. Meddling with the physical handling of ships? 

Whats next?

- Special talent making BBs handle like DDs? (rudder shift, turning circle)

- Special talent adding hardware like torpedo tubes and extra gun turrets to ships?

- Special talent adding extra armor plate?

I'm lost for words.

• Cool 2

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,272 battles
On 7/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, Gebe_ said:

WG, this commander is OP as hell, what are you smoking?

DDs have to invest 3 captain skill points into BFT to get  10% reload (and there's a reason this skill is for DDs only). In a BB, you need to invest 2 skill points into AR and lose half your hp.

However, with this captain you'll constantly see Republiques and Bourgognes sailing around with 15 sec reloads and 40-45 knots of speed (you're a bad BB captain if you don't get AT LEAST 2 mln potential in a match). 

Hi there,

Please keep in mind you need to get the devastating strike to trigger the faster reload and that still won't push you to 15 second reloads, how reliably do you actually do this in any ship? But I agree, this will be a decent pick for BBs, while the average is probably not around 2m for most captains - as super unicum / unicum probably, but not otherwise.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:39 PM, Munchboii said:

Can we have a ability where if you get a kraken with the special commander, all your ship flags turn white in surrender. Also, a ghost of napoleon will then fly up from the ship into space

Well I guess this joke had to be made :Smile_teethhappy:

Of course I will forward your feedback.

Greetings, Crysantos

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,929 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

If this happens, it will be very funny. Of course I was joking but it would be epic :D

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

That raises one and only question: will Friesland, as first Dutch ship come with captain with "Flying Dutchman" skill, which upon death will ascend ship to the heavens instead slip beneath the waves?

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,272 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

That raises one and only question: will Friesland, as first Dutch ship come with captain with "Flying Dutchman" skill, which upon death will ascend ship to the heavens instead slip beneath the waves?

:cap_like:

[ADRIA]
Players
249 posts
9,462 battles
3 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hi there,

Please keep in mind you need to get the devastating strike to trigger the faster reload and that still won't push you to 15 second reloads, how reliably do you actually do this in any ship?

Just off the top of my head, I think Republique with the Unique Upgrade and AR captain skill at around 40% HP should get around 15-16 sec reload after a single devastating strike. Don't quote me on that, I can't double check it right now.

I don't think these buffs should stack. Dev strikes are much more common compared to Confederates/Krakens therefore the buff should be relatively weaker.

Players
963 posts
13,880 battles
On 7/13/2019 at 8:00 PM, Tanatoy said:

Update 0.8.7 will include the second part of the French destroyers event. It will be represented by one stage of the four directives.

For completing the tasks of the directives and taking places in the hall of fame of the event, you will get various ingame items, containers "Legion of Honour" and a new temporary resource -Gallic token.

The containers will reward players with elements of the new French collection and a chance to get a combat mission on one of the premium French ships: De Grasse, Aigle, Gascogne, Le Terrible.

Forgive my ignorance, but does mean combat missions if you already own one of those ships, to be completed by playing that ship? Or is it a combat mission that once completed will reward the corresponding ship?

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,532 posts
13,824 battles
32 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Forgive my ignorance, but does mean combat missions if you already own one of those ships, to be completed by playing that ship? Or is it a combat mission that once completed will reward the corresponding ship?

It seems to be a typo, I believe they mean that the combat missions will reward you with the premium ship, much like the russian premiums available during Phase 2 of the RU BB event.

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts
On 7/13/2019 at 8:00 PM, Tanatoy said:

The talents of the new commander and the conditions for their activation are a continuation of the new concept for unique commanders, which was started with the appearance of Admiral Kuznetsov in the game.

It started with Steven Seagal     XD     as i remember it.   :cap_like:

I was hoping to get Chuck Norris for my future Somers   :cap_rambo:

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts
On 7/13/2019 at 9:13 PM, Marcanzi_1 said:

J'ai presque pitié pour mes futures victimes, ce commandant sera juste complètement abusé sur un joueur suffisamment bon pour pratiquer un style de jeu offensif en DD français.

wrong language, or wrong forum, you choose. 

...    but anyway, your supposed future victims will be amazed how fast you can run away   lol

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts
On 7/13/2019 at 10:57 PM, Data_Unavailable said:

I really hope lootboxes get banned asap in the EU, so WG has to think about other ways to get money from their customers

Abusing people with Gambling addiction problems and addictive personalities is the main and almost only way of milking players 

thank you whoever posted this the other day on a thread. It blew the hype away for good to me. I actually watch it all the way through.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this