Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
shonai

ST, changes to Vauquelin and Guepard

10 comments in this topic

WG Staff
25 posts
5 battles

French destroyer Vauquelin, tier VII:

• Maximum torpedo damage lowered from 18 400 to 14 833;
  • Main caliber guns reload time increased from 4.8 to 5 s.

Recent changes significantly increased Vauquelin's torpedo efficiency: the destroyer started to deal almost the same amount of damage with them as with main caliber guns. To balance the total damage done by the ship, the damage of torpedoes was lowered and the reload time of main caliber guns was increased.

French destroyer Guepard, tier VI:

• Main caliber guns reload time increased from 5.2 to 5.6 s.

The change will balance Guepard with same tier destroyers in terms of her total damage output.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles
12 minutes ago, shonai said:

French destroyer Vauquelin, tier VII:

• Maximum torpedo damage lowered from 18 400 to 14 833;
  • Main caliber guns reload time increased from 4.8 to 5 s.

T7 going to be free exp festa

[SHEN]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
2,403 posts
13,853 battles

Why WG, WHY ?

The T5 to T7 on the french DD branch is almost usless. What the purpose of nerfing the only good things on this ships ?

Balistic is slow and AP penetration is bad, low number of torps and speed is just correct.

This branch is a CV punching ball, need to wait a good moment or hambush and that's all.

This new branch need some buffs or a new mecanic for more surviving, dommages is correct (for me) because I play on the good way and no oponent knows to counter It (for now).

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,601 posts
16,629 battles

Here I though from CCs playing that those midtier french DDs were pretty darn bad and their torps were the only somewhat bright spot.

So, in all of WG's wisdom, that clearly leads to both torp and gun nerfs. :Smile_facepalm:

[-TPF-]
Players
3,904 posts
16,084 battles

To be serious, though, I think you need to change the reload time or speed of the torpedoes rather than nerfing their base damage that hard. Vauquelin needs to do more damage if she lands her torpedoes as she has five torps per side, is facing higher tier opponents and is taking more of a risk in making these runs without smoke to use in escape.

If she had 60 knot torpedoes - which is still very, very quick for Tier VII - doing 17k damage on a 90 second reload then she would be balanced against contemporaries like Leningrad. At the minute I think you might find that players on PTS aren't used to fast torp salvos coming in from 8k away, but they will adapt, and when they do Vauquelin will feel really quite weak.

Sign in to follow this