You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Upcoming Random bundles: Why grind when you can buy?

33 comments in this topic

Players
2,250 posts
20,522 battles

OK so the next thing they are showcasing atm on the Public test server are the "Random Bundles" of the French DD Arc.

It works like this:

You unlock them by first spending your new temp in-game currency ("Republic tokens") on some other stuff.

Once you bought all that other stuff, you get the chance to buy Random Bundles. They cost 500 doubloons each. There are 30 16 different ones, of which you get to buy max. 30 16. Some contain credits and coal, others have special or regular signals, camo... Contents are fixed for each of the 30 bundles.

What's random thing about them is 1) which 30 16 of the 16 30 you get, and 2) the sequence in which they come up for sale.

And here's the kicker:

One of them contains a Gearing.

Complete with 3-point commander and port slot.

Enjoy!

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-086/#french-arc

Random_Gearing.jpg

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles

I don't know if I should be disappointed that we get more gambling content, or if I should be happy that it's transparent to the point where we can calculate the odds before spending money.

As for the rewards I'm hesitant to comment on something which is so far test server exclusive and might end up on live servers with completely different rewards.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

The transparency i apriciate but to be able to just lotto your way up the tech tree? 

That makes no sence, i mean realky whats the point then? 

Here is a better idea for wg, make a laterall tech tree to split off the main one (3 sidegrrades on each tier for example, its not like there is a lack of ships for it) , add more ships on each tier, a sidetree if you will, and add a few prems in there, mutch more logical :Smile_sceptic:

My 2 cents, it would encourage more play on all tiers. 

Ima make a thread about it ina few days when i get some free time. 

Players
344 posts
3,100 battles
1 hour ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

OK so the next thing they are showcasing atm on the Public test server are the "Random Bundles" of the French DD Arc.

It works like this:

You unlock them by first spending your new temp in-game currency ("Republic tokens") on some other stuff.

Once you bought all that other stuff, you get the chance to buy Random Bundles. They cost 500 doubloons each. There are 30 different ones, of which you get to buy max. 16. Some contain credits and coal, others have special or regular signals, camo... Contents are fixed for each of the 30 bundles.

What's random thing about them is 1) which 16 of the 30 you get, and 2) the sequence in which they come up for sale.

And here's the kicker:

One of them contains a Gearing.

Complete with 3-point commander and port slot.

Enjoy!

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-086/#french-arc

Random_Gearing.jpg

This has been done multiple times before in the PTS store, and each time it happened people made a ruckus until they realised that the tier X available for purchase was a placeholder for something else (last time it was a Conqueror as a placeholder for the Irian) This time, it will almost certainly be the Cirrocco.

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,001 posts
19 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

This time, it will almost certainly be the Cirrocco.

but 15k for a Tier 5 DD?

1 hour ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

of which you get to buy max. 16.

at least in the first round of the PTS I could buy all 30 bundles, and also the description does not say that you cannot buy all 30 bundles...

Players
2,250 posts
20,522 battles
Vor 48 Minuten, Klopirat sagte:

at least in the first round of the PTS I could buy all 30 bundles, and also the description does not say that you cannot buy all 30 bundles...

Oh now I get it! There are not 30 variants but 16, and you can buy max 30!

I once again blame WG's inability to formulate clear and unambiguous text, possibly another translation issue.

Zitat

but 15k for a Tier 5 DD?

Well, the DD could easily come up much sooner.

500 gold at a time, if you buy them by the 14,500 crate, is just €1,72 a pop. So it's easy to let yourself get suckered in.

Also you're bound to get a bunch of very good camos and signals in the process, and you know beforehand which ones will be in there.

But the main thing is,

if this were a Kamikaze, I'd blow the whole 51,60 at once, and more if need be. Even if I got nothing else.

But a French DD? With no smoke?

In the carrier pestilence?

There would have to be a very good reason.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,249 posts
6,548 battles

Why so much care about the test server? In the picture you have added they specifically say that they added the ship for testing purposes...

• Cool 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles

WG: "We want to combat toxicity."

Also WG: "Here are more things you can buy that directly promote toxicity."

This company is such an incredible joke.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
6 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The transparency i apriciate but to be able to just lotto your way up the tech tree? 

That makes no sence, i mean realky whats the point then? 

I agree, but I thought to myself as soon as the NTC plans were announced 'how are WG planning to monetarise this?' And then as a taster for forthcoming temptations the New Orleans went on sale.............. Wargaming are going to engineer many ways for players to rush up the tech tree as fast as possible when the NTC cycle comes into play. Random Bundles are just another toe in the water for Wargaming, the whole NTC move will be a massively cynical cash cow.

• Cool 1

[WOB]
Players
4,771 posts
15,636 battles
6 godzin temu, who_dares_wins napisał:

This time, it will almost certainly be the Cirrocco.

Somers. Do you want to bet? :)

• Cool 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
211 posts
6,766 battles

Yeah, I'm guessing it will be some premium ship. Still not a fan of this, but let's be real - there's so many ppl out there in the high tiers which should not be there in the first place, it won't make much of a difference anyway.

• Cool 1

[WOB]
Players
4,771 posts
15,636 battles
10 minut temu, Zieten napisał:

Yeah, I'm guessing it will be some premium ship. Still not a fan of this, but let's be real - there's so many ppl out there in the high tiers which should not be there in the first place, it won't make much of a difference anyway.

It must be something worth grind for 4 weeks (1,400 tokens) and possibly 15,000 doubloons.

This patch we have 9T DD just for grind so if they want to force players to grind again and to pay for the reward (up to 15k doubloons) they must give something better - T10 is the obvious solution.

Colbert was announced as a prize for standard lines regrinding.

Smolensk? I don't think so.

So - Somers is the most likely.

Players
1,401 posts
14,574 battles

Well, early access ships from gamble box were introduced with RN DDs... (not so sure though).

The odds of getting the t8 are usually awful... Why should I spend cash or grind when I have free xp... Not much into DDs either - the time of x4 DDs began again... (yesterday in such battle 3 of our 4 DDs died in first 3 min while all of the red survived... It wasn't fun) 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,001 posts
24 minutes ago, PanNickt said:

would have been my guess, but only 15k doubloons (if the price per bundle stays at 500) for a Tier X?

[WOB]
Players
4,771 posts
15,636 battles
4 minuty temu, Klopirat napisał:

would have been my guess, but only 15k doubloons (if the price per bundle stays at 500) for a Tier X?

4-weeks grind AND up to 15k doubloons.

T9 DD we have just for grind so additional doubloons (let's assume 7,75k as an average) seems to be fair price, don't you think so?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,001 posts
2 minutes ago, PanNickt said:

4-weeks grind

I guess it will depend on the ways you can get the new tokens. Until now the only source for the tokens is the "snowflake-like" first victory marks (and maybe (or very likely) premium containers). So it wouldn't be really a grind, but you need many ships in your port to get enough tokens... 

[WOB]
Players
4,771 posts
15,636 battles
Przed chwilą, Klopirat napisał:

I guess it will depend on the ways you can get the new tokens. Until now the only source for the tokens is the "snowflake-like" first victory marks (and maybe (or very likely) premium containers). So it wouldn't be really a grind, but you need many ships in your port to get enough tokens... 

That's right. Everything depends on tokens availability.

Don't forget that WG can set when the main reward is "available" to purchase. 

They may use ingame setting to be sure that 90+% players will pay 14-15k doubloons to get this reward, don't they?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
48 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

No no no, you got to read more carefully.

You can only purchase 16 out of the total random 30 containers. So (up to) 8k doubloons and the chance that the container with the ship doesn't even drop for you anyway.

Surprise something, da comrade.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,001 posts
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

You can only purchase 16 out of the total random 30 containers.

and where do you read this? There are 16 differents variants...

and btw I could buy all 30 bundles on the PTS...

• Cool 1

[WOB]
Players
4,771 posts
15,636 battles
1 minutę temu, Aotearas napisał:

You can only purchase 16 out of the total random 30 containers. So (up to) 8k doubloons and the chance that the container with the ship doesn't even drop for you anyway.

Are you sure?

AFAIK we will have 16 different lootboxes (containers) but some of them can be drawn few times (up to 5). 

We can buy up to 30 "tickets" and if we don't have "luck" the main prize will be in the last one, after spending 15.000 doubloons.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
20 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

and where do you read this? There are 16 differents variants...

and btw I could buy all 30 bundles on the PTS...

20 minutes ago, PanNickt said:

Are you sure?

AFAIK we will have 16 different lootboxes (containers) but some of them can be drawn few times (up to 5). 

We can buy up to 30 "tickets" and if we don't have "luck" the main prize will be in the last one, after spending 15.000 doubloons.

Herp-a-derp, I misread. I somehow thought there's 30 different random boxes and you can only get 16 instead of the opposite.

Players
344 posts
3,100 battles
4 hours ago, PanNickt said:

I'd forgotten about that one. Seems rather more likely now that I think about it.

Weekend Tester
997 posts
5,826 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

WG: "We want to combat toxicity."

Also WG: "Here are more things you can buy that directly promote toxicity."

This company is such an incredible joke.

It's school holiday, not like they can do anything to make the playerbase even more retarded.