You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

Yolo mode...

29 comments in this topic

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

...aka Breakthrough

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Bering_Sea_map_087_EN_3_1920x1080.jpg

Presented during the weekly stream today, and also in the dedicated post of the development blog here:

What do you guys think about this?

Are you excited about this new spawns positions and a unique objective to rush to?

I personnaly believe this can bring a nice diversity to the game modes, and if the map is well designed to support this idea it can be pretty fun.

Cheers

• Cool 4

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,028 battles

Anything to break the monotony of standard and domination these days is good (one of the reasons I like ocean) 

the only issue i see is having certain types of ships which are designed for long range sniping Specifically can suffer in this, and depending on how you move u can get spotted from spawn as well.

• Cool 4

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,751 battles

Yeah, allow me to break down how this is going to end up:

Spoiler

4dFC3K5.png

Red arrows: BBs/cruisers bowcamping

Yellow Xs: cruisers island hugging

Green arrows: DDs rushing and fighting for cap

Green X: :etc_swear: DDs who yolo

Black circle: DD tears farm area powered by CVs

Can't say I'm particularly excited for this.

• Cool 3

Players
340 posts
612 battles

as BBs tend to go farthest from cap they meet in J1 - might be a different experience for them :Smile_trollface:

Besides, that mode might be ok for forced action, but pretty counteproduductive for developing a proper gameplay of playerbase.

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,463 battles
50 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Black circle: DD tears farm area powered by CVs

While I see Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships in the formations I failed to see the CVs.

Furthermore, the other alternative team placement proposals have the CVs shown. (check original thread by Tanatoy)

So, it could be that the DD tears farm area will remain in your dreams.

Players
1,720 posts
18,628 battles

I certainly will enjoy a change in the standard format, but I'm going to expect some very dubious decisions from people who don't understand this new layout.

Still  I think it will be fun and certainly to begin with we shall see some very entertaining battles, although El2aZeR's analysis of how most people will react is exactly what I'm expecting to see. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,751 battles
Just now, Saltface said:

While I see Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships in the formations I failed to see the CVs.

Check top left and bottom right corners.

Have to admit, I missed them too at the beginning.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,259 posts
24,176 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

WG finally decided to make CVs even more foolprof, now the CVs don t even have to move at all. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 3

[-LA-]
Players
680 posts
5,102 battles

anything that might get rid of this camp a corner and run away meta is something im happy to see 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,751 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

WG finally decided to make CVs even more foolprof, now the CVs don t even have to move at all. :Smile_veryhappy:

I mean, they did say that you can't expect CV players to control their hull AND aircraft at the same time. I am genuinely surprised they didn't simply go with removing the CV hull from the map and let planes fly in from the border at this point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 1

Players
1,720 posts
18,628 battles
2 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Why wouldCV players want to move? There are plenty of CV players who cannot figure out how to move even when your firing on them. So why not make it even easier for them and take the need away. 

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,463 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Damn you're right.

DD tear farming zone reactivated.

EDIT: Classic case of gorilla that plays basket ball.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Interestingly the CVs have the shortest way to travel to get into the objective zone. As they have no opposition to fear until they reached their destination, I can see them making a run for the cap while any DD that makes it up there with them protects them from enemy DDs.

And the CV player who doesn't activly hunt those DDs will have a high chance to throw the match for the team.

If he chases the DDs and the other CV decides to attack the blob that hangs back, there'll be lots of salt in chat on both sides.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,577 posts
6,213 battles

While chances are it will end up being a cluster:etc_swear: in most cases, it's different enough from the other maps/game modes that I'm willing to give it a shot just for the variation.

Players
1,830 posts
12,935 battles

I'd swap the CVs position. Blue (why not green, or am I colourblind now?) to start top left and Red to start bottom right.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,751 battles
25 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Interestingly the CVs have the shortest way to travel to get into the objective zone. As they have no opposition to fear until they reached their destination, I can see them making a run for the cap while any DD that makes it up there with them protects them from enemy DDs.

So basically CV snipefest at the beginning?

Despite what most people believe CVs can kill each other pretty fast once they get within a certain distance of each other, especially below T10. If what you theorize were true we'd essentially see a CV sniping race at the start of the match which will in most cases decide it right then and there.

In fact the match could get decided on which CV you have alone. Some are naturally better at sniping/defending against a snipe than others.

Yeah, can't say that sounds particularly exciting either.

Players
7,106 posts
245 battles

Sounds noice but most peeps will camp at dah back or kite away from the circle.

Higher tiers this will be terrible, lower tiers it could be very interesting (especially with walkietalkie)

• Cool 1

Players
3,324 posts
11 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

...aka Breakthrough

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Bering_Sea_map_087_EN_3_1920x1080.jpg

Presented during the weekly stream today, and also in the dedicated post of the development blog here:

What do you guys think about this?

Are you excited about this new spawns positions and a unique objective to rush to?

I personnaly believe this can bring a nice diversity to the game modes, and if the map is well designed to support this idea it can be pretty fun.

Cheers

Well looking at this map does it mean a long range sniper boat such as the NC, Richelieu etc, can just take pot shots at the opposing tam while still in their spawn?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

So basically CV snipefest at the beginning?

Despite what most people believe CVs can kill each other pretty fast once they get within a certain distance of each other, especially below T10. If what you theorize were true we'd essentially see a CV sniping race at the start of the match which will in most cases decide it right then and there.

In fact the match could get decided on which CV you have alone. Some are naturally better at sniping/defending against a snipe than others.

Yeah, can't say that sounds particularly exciting either.

Especially the poor Saipans go down quite quickly, right? :)

Players
7,106 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Russian radar 25 secs into the game so BBs can go pewpew? Sounds fun :Smile_trollface:

Wonder if they should put that 15km radar back in? Maybe for balanced skerekt dokumunts comrade? :Smile_trollface: