Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nufessa

Taranto Harbor Easter Egg

11 comments in this topic

Players
2,290 posts
20,686 battles

It's nice but I don't think it's strictly an Easter Egg... I seem to distantly remember WG saying something about it when they released the map. Or in the map tactics video. Or something. No idea why the Wiki says this is supposed to be somewhere between England and France because it is clearly meant to look all Mediterranean.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
13 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

No idea why the Wiki says this is supposed to be somewhere between England and France because it is clearly meant to look all Mediterranean.

Well both were bickerimg over it like children over a lolipop for ages, whats new here? :Smile_veryhappy:

Players
1,112 posts
12,985 battles

Interesting cause when the map was added it was meant to be inspired by the straights of Dover hence the White Cliffs...

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

didnt know about the specifics of this one, but there are a whole bunch of similar RL locations scattered all around the various maps. WG map designers/artists do like their easter eggs it seems, and good on them! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles

I have wondered what that building was. It looked distinctive, and I know real world buildings have been modeled in the game. You can find the Château Frontenac on two maps I think, Pena Palace on the Atlantic, Mont-Saint-Michel on Sea of Fortune, and probably others I can't remember or have not recognized.

• Cool 1

[C1DFL]
[C1DFL]
Beta Tester
2,370 posts
13,934 battles

iChase did some videos on YouTube about those "eastereggs" back in 2016 but didn´t continue it after some episodes.

Started a similiar project by myself and roamed around the different maps for quite a while but gave up on it.

Spoiler

german forum / english forum

Since the image hoster changed the rules some time ago and doesn´t support direct links (image loading to forum didn´t exist back then) the screenshots are gone. Maybe i should restart the project and reupload to the forum directly ...

• Cool 1

[_IRN_]
Players
87 posts
3,109 battles
9 ore fa, Rosletyne ha scritto:

I have wondered what that building was. It looked distinctive, and I know real world buildings have been modeled in the game. You can find the Château Frontenac on two maps I think, Pena Palace on the Atlantic, Mont-Saint-Michel on Sea of Fortune, and probably others I can't remember or have not recognized.

It's called "Palazzo del Governo", literally "Governance Palace" in Italian. A really massive structure though 

Sign in to follow this