Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alfa_Tau

Don't be this GUY

9 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Players
601 posts
16,082 battles

Hello everyone

the following image is about a player in my team during a random match today. I obscured is name on purpose as my goal is NOT to complain about someone but simply to give a tip to a less "old" player in this game.

My 2 cent advice is the following: take your time along the tech tree. Don't rush hoping that simply because your ship is more powerful you will do better. If you look closely at the game distribution, out of 348 games he has fought 78 in tier VIII. Now playing at tier VIII require a very good understanding of the mechanics. 

PS the guy was in my team in his Bismark in a tier VI MM . Ideal condition. still he was Always in the back and I was wondering why. That's triggered my curiosity about him. Battle was won but he arrived last of the team in base XP.

Not much of a satisfaction I guess. 

Player X.png

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
25,335 posts
13,848 battles

Problem is, some players are satisfied to make a bit of "Boom" "Boom" and go back to port.

There are players with thousandth of battle with similar stats.

With the new ones you can have at least a bit of hope that they get better.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

~48% is on the better end of potatoes.

Look up someone who just snored his way through a tier X game and find out he's got 36% with 10k+ games in and you'll find out how tough your desk is.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
25 posts
675 battles

Potatoes gonna pototate and they probably don't read the forums anyway.

I'm very similar in experience to this guy.Also kinda rushed the Bismark.I skipped the T7 ship because it felt like a flat downgrade to the t6 imo,I have a Scharnhorste also.Frankly I just wanted one of the most famous ships of the war.

Although I do not do too badly (53% WR).I did look up plenty of guides and read forums so I don't sit in the rear with my brawler etc.

The problem is T8 and up is a different game.I never see so much camping before I hit that tier.

I have decided to stick at t6 and 7 for the time being tho since I feel I lack the personal and commander skills necessary to do well vs t10,I might stay at lower tiers for a long time since I actually didn't like what I saw of T8 game play wise.

PS.Don't let the fact I played in the beta fool you.I only played till t5 on various different lines (mostly DD and CV) but quit in disgust when they added Russian paper ships before the Royal navy and only returned two weeks ago.

[I401]
Players
4 posts
2,690 battles

As for any other new guy like myself, this picture tells me absolutely nothing about this player.

As for playing higher tiers, the game pushes you into this direction as Wargaming needs to make $$$.

Campaigns and missions are many times limited to VIII and higher so that naturally means players are trying to get there quick.

Not to mention everything under Tier VI being absolute garbage and no fun to play with, with a few exceptions out of a ton of ships.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,524 posts
9,774 battles

so what do you suggest to people in GK with range mod and spotter plane, sitting 20km away from the nearest cap and firing HE whole game?

• Bad 1

Players
56 posts

I agree that folks rush up the tiers too quickly. I did it myself thinking "hey a better ship means I'll be better". Erm, no. I went back to Tier 4-6 and spent many an enjoyable hour (months) without the pressure of climbing tiers too quickly. I did improve a lot.

But the elephant in the room now, is that I think the mid tiers are unplayable due to the multiple CVs in games there. I play 95% now at T8-10 as one CV per team is sensible. When I go to a T4-6 match thinking "this'll be fun" I run screaming due to the silly amounts of parasitic wasps planes buzzing around just annoying everyone in a 'proper' ship basically. No strategy, no teamplay, everyone run for your life.

Hence, players want to plough through the mid-tiers as quickly as possible.

How about limiting CVs to one each per side regardless of tier? I know this would mean slightly longer waiting times for CV players but if you REALLY want to play a CV then I don't think you'd mind. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,459 posts
13,723 battles
On 1/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, Excavatus said:

so what do you suggest to people in GK with range mod and spotter plane, sitting 20km away from the nearest cap and firing HE whole game?

As usual, blame their team for their 42% WR and move on to ruin another game...

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
330 posts
5,868 battles
On 1/30/2020 at 1:33 PM, Excavatus said:

Nine 460mm AP to their turtleback broadside from 25km?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this