Sign in to follow this  
Myrmidon19

Texas and it's AA

5 comments in this topic

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts

So like many this week I earned a Texas from completing the time sensitive 'Combat Mission' and I took Texas out for a spin last night. I had always known that Texas was an AA god for her tier, I had heard that she had 'received nerfs' but was still very good, I have fought her multiple times in CV matches and respected her. Once I got my hands on her though I realized something that I previously didn't actually know... Woah she has no long ranged AA, she has a ton of short range and some medium range, the latter of which is the sole source of her flak fields and she's capped at 3.5km. She certainly kills planes well, what ever gets close to her whether it hits her or not does die but the fact that all of her AA seems concentrated in super close at 3.5km and under it kinda seems like she always takes a hit unavoidably even if she kills them in return for it because short range AA is so much harder to synergise and share with buddies. Would people agree this is largely true? Perhaps I need to play her a bit more first. This was also with the free level-3 commander with nothing unlocked.... I'll probably assign her a proper one if I end up liking her.

[UNICS]
Players
1,351 posts
20,724 battles

So you are saying its basically a New York now?

[CATS]
Players
26,848 posts
14,391 battles
Just now, Ysterpyp said:

So you are saying its basically a New York now?

No, she is not.

Her AA was always like that. In the past you had the advantage to increase the range with AFT and the AA module.

Yes, now you cannot protect your buddies as well as before, but the AA still works.

Yes, you are not immune to plane attacks and that is good. Ships should not be immunue. A CV will pay a heavy price attacking you or even get into AA range.

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,856 battles

Had an amazing game with a mate, 2 x Texas in a 2 CV game, we ended up with 60 and 46 planes shot down (lower one on me) and Texas is amazing but WG have standardised the 40 mm AA to a max range of 3.5 km no matter what ship it is mounted on.

I earned my Texas in the mission and must say I like it alot, feels like a very slow but well rounded battleship. 

Players
8,192 posts
9,087 battles

Texas never was immune from CV attack. In the past, good CVs would either avoid the ship or drop it from stand-off distances, something that is way harder to pull off now.

Sign in to follow this