Sign in to follow this  
_Montagne

Hyped for Friesland? / Any Info

19 comments in this topic

[TVO]
Players
57 posts
14,694 battles

Is anyone hyped for the friesland? Will it be worth, say 750k free xp? How well will it be compared to other dd in the current meta?

I haven't heard about any changes to this ship since it was teased. So any information please share.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles

Do not count on 750k Free XP.

From what I heard, there is a good chance the CC will put out the first gameplay videos soon.

Players
129 posts
8,776 battles

Dont expect 750k free xp, even alaska and azuma are 1mln. And I'm not sure if there is that much to hype about- you need to have NEW captain, we have kita which has almost same dmp (dont@ me on that) has torps  and worst smoke, ye you get great aa but i expect it to be nerfed. To sum it up its gona be great for div, not sure if for anything else.

[TVO]
Players
57 posts
14,694 battles
1 hour ago, kenaj30 said:

Dont expect 750k free xp, even alaska and azuma are 1mln. And I'm not sure if there is that much to hype about- you need to have NEW captain, we have kita which has almost same dmp (dont@ me on that) has torps  and worst smoke, ye you get great aa but i expect it to be nerfed. To sum it up its gona be great for div, not sure if for anything else.

It should be 750k xp or cheaper in coal and steal compared to tier 10. If its one mil then that's too much for a dd. For it to be one mil it must have a very strong point where it shines above other dd. Unlike the underwhelming neutrashimy.

Players
129 posts
8,776 battles
51 minutes ago, _Montagne said:

It should be 750k xp or cheaper in coal and steal compared to tier 10. If its one mil then that's too much for a dd. For it to be one mil it must have a very strong point where it shines above other dd. Unlike the underwhelming neutrashimy.

Is azuma strong for 1mln and mighto mo bad for 750k? And I belive that some1 from wg said that they belived that 750k isnt enought with all camo's and flag's.

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,856 battles
1 hour ago, kenaj30 said:

And I belive that some1 from wg said that they belived that 750k isnt enought with all camo's and flag's.

Do you mean that Freisland is confirmed for free experience?? 

Players
129 posts
8,776 battles
4 minutes ago, affie said:

Do you mean that Freisland is confirmed for free experience?? 

Ofc not. I just replied to what that guy said.

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

It's the last remaining announced ship that I'm interested in now that Yoshino and Benham are in reach. That said, I wouldn't get my hopes up for FXP. It's entirely feasible FXP won't be used for premium ships anymore once NTC comes along (and costs a lot more in FXP than anything we've seen so far). I'm hoping for coal but it's entirely feasible they'll put it behind steel, which would make it inaccessible to me.

[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,088 battles
21 hours ago, MoveZig said:

It's the last remaining announced ship that I'm interested in now that Yoshino and Benham are in reach. That said, I wouldn't get my hopes up for FXP. It's entirely feasible FXP won't be used for premium ships anymore once NTC comes along (and costs a lot more in FXP than anything we've seen so far). I'm hoping for coal but it's entirely feasible they'll put it behind steel, which would make it inaccessible to me.

Could you explain how NTC will work?

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles
2 hours ago, tsounts said:

Could you explain how NTC will work?

It's still WIP, but in the initial announcement, they said that in order to fully upgrade a t10 ship, you'd need to grind a line (of the same country) from t1 to t10 4 times. So expect heavy-duty grinding to get any high-tier prem in NTC.

[BANCV]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
30 posts
18,241 battles
On 7/11/2019 at 8:52 PM, _Montagne said:

Is anyone hyped for the friesland? Will it be worth, say 750k free xp? How well will it be compared to other dd in the current meta?

I haven't heard about any changes to this ship since it was teased. So any information please share.

The ship itself left me with mixed feelings so far. It looks quite good (model wise) and the super-fast reloading guns are fun to use.

The concealment is quite bad for a pure gunboat (with not much else to bear) and the turret layout makes landing shots sometimes challenging.

The AA is absolutely fantastic. It's kinda like a DD sized wooster and will murder planes left and right.

The smoke is quite good as well but wells awkward to use with the ship but the combination with hydro makes playing it quite safe.

It feels very one-dimensional (even more than the khab). For me the gunpower, while fast is quite mediocore and the limited speed ~37kts does not match well with the long duration smoke - as you need to evacuate well in advance to not get caught out. 

IMO it is a quite fun base but there are some slight adjustments needed to make it fit neatly into the game. 

All this is of course work in progress.

[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,088 battles
21 hours ago, MoveZig said:

It's still WIP, but in the initial announcement, they said that in order to fully upgrade a t10 ship, you'd need to grind a line (of the same country) from t1 to t10 4 times. So expect heavy-duty grinding to get any high-tier prem in NTC.

As far as I know this one has been ditched.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

Judging by iChases and Notsers reviews so far, the Friesland seems to be one of those premiums that have a special and unique playstyle, and are also balanced with regard to existing silver ships. I like it! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[TVO]
Players
57 posts
14,694 battles
  • Soviet tier X cruiser Smolensk will be available for coal;
  • American tier X destroyer Somers will be available for steel;
  • European tier IX destroyer Friesland will be available for free XP.

There's our answer

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
On 7/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, _Montagne said:

Is anyone hyped for the friesland?

Not particularly. Not having even one torpedo is a deal breaker for me sadly.

Players
2,086 posts
13,400 battles

Guy from NA expressed my feelings about this.:

"We've never had a high tier destroyer to save up coal for, or grind free xp for.  Friesland will be the first.

Meanwhile, cruiser players could go for Yoshino, Salem, Alaska, Azuma, Kronshtadt, and soon Smolensk.

Or if battleships are more your thing, Georgia, Jean Bart, Missouri, Musashi have all been available at one time or another.

Destroyers though?  Better have steel. "

Or grind whole month with no life.

And 3rd high tier DD behind the steel wall. :etc_swear:!!!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this