Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Padds01

unaffordable service costs?

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-LA-]
Players
682 posts
5,103 battles

Unlocked the t8 RN CV after a while i just couldnt face being thrown under the t10 MM buss anymore so i tried to do a co op game , noticed it cost me 60k credits. so went back and checked and my t8 implaccable has a 120k a game servise/ammo cost

 

is that a bug? or how its meant to be?

 

my t6 has about 20k service/ammo and makes a bit more income.

 

do we have to run low tier ships in order to fund playing t8 or higher? i was under the impression id be getting more credits per battle . but teh service cost went up 600% and rewards dropped off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,088 posts
3 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

is that a bug? or how its meant to be?

higher tier = (much) higher service costs...

 

and while the fixed service costs (not sure about ammunition) in co-op are reduced compared to random (by 25% I think), the earnings are reduced much more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,094 posts
13,463 battles

Coop never was a good place to make credits in high tiers. Play randoms or lower tiers. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
682 posts
5,103 battles
1 minute ago, DariusJacek said:

Coop never was a good place to make credits in high tiers. Play randoms or lower tiers. 

yeah i knew , i was just taking a break from getting face raped by t10 , it was just i noticed it that time as i saw it cost me 60k for the pleasure.

 

so even with a premium account , non prem t8+ ships do do not supprt themselves? its expected i have to farm credits on lower tier craft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,868 posts
14,396 battles
8 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

so even with a premium account , non prem t8+ ships do do not supprt themselves? its expected i have to farm credits on lower tier craft?

They do in Random, when you are better.

Yes, most players get credits on Tier VI and VII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
682 posts
5,103 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

They do in Random, when you are better.

Yes, most players get credits on Tier VI and VII.

 

hmm sounds like an odd way to set things up but cool i can work with that , ill just sell my t8 cv and go back to t6 , fighting t10's all day isnt fun anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,868 posts
14,396 battles

Do not sell your CV, you might want to use it later.

You are just throwing A LOT of credits away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
166 posts
3 hours ago, Padds01 said:

so even with a premium account , non prem t8+ ships do do not supprt themselves?

They do but you must push them hard. Damage, cap, cap reset, spotting very important things to get considerable credits in coop. Then kill 'em all to win otherwise you bankrupted.

My Cleve, Mogami, Edinburgh & Rich doing quite well most of the times regarding credits in coop.

In t9, I kept Alsace and she's never failed. She could be outmatched in random but in coop she's absolute winner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
166 posts
59 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

hmm sounds like an odd way to set things up but cool i can work with that , ill just sell my t8 cv and go back to t6 , fighting t10's all day isnt fun anyway.

Keep it otherwise it's gonna be cost you a fortune to buy it back. Use your t6 in random to get the credits and use the t8 in coop to have fun: In time you'll be fine with it in high tiers without the saltiness of the randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
682 posts
5,103 battles
25 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

They do but you must push them hard. Damage, cap, cap reset, spotting very important things to get considerable credits in coop. Then kill 'em all to win otherwise you bankrupted.

My Cleve, Mogami, Edinburgh & Rich doing quite well most of the times regarding credits in coop.

In t9, I kept Alsace and she's never failed. She could be outmatched in random but in coop she's absolute winner. 

 

15 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Keep it otherwise it's gonna be cost you a fortune to buy it back. Use your t6 in random to get the credits and use the t8 in coop to have fun: In time you'll be fine with it in high tiers without the saltiness of the randoms.

 

 

Yeah i get the sense of keeping it , maybe in the future after the next round of nerfs they might swing round to buffing them a bit or maybe implementing some matchmaking that makes some kind of sense. but its like 20m credits stuck there , and i could use them! ill see if i can farm some more up

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Get a low tier premium for coal, like yubari or something like that, or if you can buy one, get a tier 6 minimum, something you would enjoy playing to make credits and have fun while doing it :Smile_smile:

In the beginning I bought a graf spee, but recently I got myself a GZ and Kaga.....mikasa for the lulz:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
13 hours ago, Padds01 said:

yeah i knew , i was just taking a break from getting face raped by t10 , it was just i noticed it that time as i saw it cost me 60k for the pleasure.

 

so even with a premium account , non prem t8+ ships do do not supprt themselves? its expected i have to farm credits on lower tier craft?

High tier ships being unaffordable in the long run for free2play player is by design, even more so in Coop battles. Thus, you need mid tier (5-6, 7 if you feel confident) ship(s) to make some credits. 

 

Obviously, if you put premium paint on your T10, you have to be extra speschul to actually lose credits with that one, beauty of 50% cost reduction coupled with 20% credits extra:Smile_smile:

 

Selling hightier ships, including your T8 CV (Implacable) is going to be extraordinary waste of credits. On other hand, it is British CV of tier 8, you can't have worse "CV experience" than that, so selling it and getting other ships might not the worst idea. Even more so as two CV nerfs are in the pipeline with no buffs in sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
682 posts
5,103 battles
15 minutes ago, Panocek said:

High tier ships being unaffordable in the long run for free2play player is by design, even more so in Coop battles. Thus, you need mid tier (5-6, 7 if you feel confident) ship(s) to make some credits. 

 

Obviously, if you put premium paint on your T10, you have to be extra speschul to actually lose credits with that one, beauty of 50% cost reduction coupled with 20% credits extra:Smile_smile:

 

Selling hightier ships, including your T8 CV (Implacable) is going to be extraordinary waste of credits. On other hand, it is British CV of tier 8, you can't have worse "CV experience" than that, so selling it and getting other ships might not the worst idea. Even more so as two CV nerfs are in the pipeline with no buffs in sight.

 

well its by design agreed, not sure i see it as good design , would of thought they would do better to incentevise people into wanting those craft , they seem to be nothing but an expensive cash sink, just accidentally qued for a game in the expensive way to waste a port slot but miracles happened and i got a mid tier game! did as well as i think we cane ver expect from that craft , made 16k credits. premium and camo on.

 

its a waste of 8mill to sell it , trouble is i suspect its a waste of 16 mil to keep it. 

 

yeah it was a shock seeing how much better US cv's are , what are the RN cv's supposed to do well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
9 hours ago, Padds01 said:

 

well its by design agreed, not sure i see it as good design , would of thought they would do better to incentevise people into wanting those craft , they seem to be nothing but an expensive cash sink, just accidentally qued for a game in the expensive way to waste a port slot but miracles happened and i got a mid tier game! did as well as i think we cane ver expect from that craft , made 16k credits. premium and camo on.

 

its a waste of 8mill to sell it , trouble is i suspect its a waste of 16 mil to keep it. 

 

yeah it was a shock seeing how much better US cv's are , what are the RN cv's supposed to do well?

Someone have to populate tiers lower than 10:Smile_smile: Already there is overabundance of tier 10, which makes T8 MM miserable as you have noticed

 

And UK carriers are I guess fail at WG design department, that and can't help but notice whole CV REEEwork was a cashgrab of highest order to release premium CVs ASAP when carriers on the whole weren't even remotely balanced, so repeated "systematic changes" were in order, because "WG doesn't nerf premiums... directly":cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
187 posts
8,314 battles
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, Padds01 said:

Unlocked the t8 RN CV after a while i just couldnt face being thrown under the t10 MM buss anymore so i tried to do a co op game , noticed it cost me 60k credits. so went back and checked and my t8 implaccable has a 120k a game servise/ammo cost

 

is that a bug? or how its meant to be?

 

my t6 has about 20k service/ammo and makes a bit more income.

 

do we have to run low tier ships in order to fund playing t8 or higher? i was under the impression id be getting more credits per battle . but teh service cost went up 600% and rewards dropped off.

 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, Padds01 said:

Unlocked the t8 RN CV after a while i just couldnt face being thrown under the t10 MM buss anymore so i tried to do a co op game , noticed it cost me 60k credits. so went back and checked and my t8 implaccable has a 120k a game servise/ammo cost

 

is that a bug? or how its meant to be?

 

my t6 has about 20k service/ammo and makes a bit more income.

 

do we have to run low tier ships in order to fund playing t8 or higher? i was under the impression id be getting more credits per battle . but teh service cost went up 600% and rewards dropped off.

THATS IS THE SMART THING OF WG. THE HIGHER TIERS ARE MAKING THE $$$$ THATS WHY YOU HARDLY SEE T8'S IN A BATTLE AND MOST TIER 9'S AND TIER 10'S. AND THEN THEY HAVE THIS SMART [edited]ANSWER ITS 2 TIERS UP AND 2 TIERS DOWN.

ENJOY BEING F....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
75 posts
10,879 battles

You can make money with T8 ships, but you got be a bit lucky to be honest.

 

If you are getting focus fired upon by 4 T10 ships then you are royally screwed.:cap_rambo:

Just be a bit more careful then you should be fine.

 

May RNGJesus hold you hand in battle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×