You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miki12345

How many Solo Warriors do you have?

44 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
Players
281 posts
12,501 battles

Out of all the achievements in the game I would say that Solo Warrior is one of the hardest and situational to obtain. It either requires immense game sense and skill or just luck in some situations. There are also other achievements that are like that of course but this one stands out imo. 

In the span of the 9k matches played, I've acquired 4 solo warriors, most of them being in tier 9 and half of them was winning on time(points) and other half killing the the rest of the enemy team. 

So, how many do you have? 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles

18, most of them in CVs both pre and post rework.

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,539 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

18, most of them in CVs both pre and post rework.

That's a lot. I'm having 9 after 23k random battles played. Although I could have 11 but once I underestimated the speed of epicenter gaining points and second one... I got detonated. Still you have 18 after 15k random battles that's a lot.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,170 posts
13,716 battles

3. Every time game crashed on battle start. Didn't bother to restart. Won by points while having 0 XP :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles
13 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

That's a lot.

Meh, they're easiest to come by in a CV tbh. All you require is a large enough map, a sufficient point lead, most if not all of the objectives secured and a team that furiously insists on throwing the match. I believe pretty much all my solo warriors in CVs were earned this way.

Not that such a situation occurs very often ofc (if that wasn't obvious yet), but I reckon the chance of that happening is way higher than trying to kill/outscore 4+ ships in any other class.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,248 posts
6,548 battles

2. In one of them I sank an enemy BB in the last few seconds with my <1k hp DD, while dodging shells. Gave me point advantage to win the game :3

The other one was just luck.

[0KILL]
Players
18 posts
5,405 battles

even as below average player as me got one capturing enemy base in forgotten low tier DD

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles

One. Got it in the early days, not sure how.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
47 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

It either requires immense game sense and skill [...]

No.

47 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

[...] or just luck in some situations.

Yes.

Solo Warrior is only realistically achievable if a team already has such a huge lead in points at a point in time in the match where the enemy can't make up the difference and has to fulfill the alternative winning condition by kill the last enemy ship alive.

Old RTS CVs stood somewhat of a realistic chance to kill 4 ships alone by virtue of not having to trade HP in gunfights (the reason why other classes basically stand no chance to win a 1vs4: four ships can do more than a ship's HP worth of damage so unless they were basically all so low to being OSKs (at which point it's not much of an achievement to kill secure basically dead ships ...) because late in a game the remaining enemy ships would tend to be spread out so they can get dropped individually, plus most ships' AA mounts would've suffered a good deal from HE spam by that point so even ships with nominally strong AA would be easier to drop. New CVs can only do this if all four ships are also on low HP since they lack the alpha strike potential of the old CVs.

Imho Solo Warrior as an achievement is the wrong concept. It's a team effort to get to a point where even a 1vs4 isn't a lost game at that point, so everyone on the team should get rewarded an achievement not the one who just happens to be the last guy left alive whose job in the vast majority of winnable scenarios is to just run away and not die.

As it stands right now, I've seen AFKers earn a Solo Warrior simply because they survived until the end and the team won on points. In one instance it was a DD and funnily enough, the enemy CV dropped the ball on that one since he had spotted the AFK ship, but withdrew his fighters which meant he wasn't spotted for the enemy any more (presumably because the CV wanted the kill for himself) and when he came back with TBs he got so greedy to hit with all the torps that he dropped from so far away (so the converging torpedoes would all hit) that the match clock ran out before the torps arrived on target. Had he dropped from closer and just gotten three or 4 torp hits out of his two TB squadrons he would've sunk the AFK DD in time ...

I've got 1 by the way, 'earned' it by running away from the enemy with a huge points lead to win on time.

[ADRIA]
Players
281 posts
12,501 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I've got 1 by the way, 'earned' it by running away from the enemy with a huge points lead to win on time.

Im sure there were solo warriors where the last player was losing on points and caps and turned the tide by swaying the point advantage, and/or by killing the rest of the ships. It is not a perfect achievement but it is the best one we have. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,807 posts
8,982 battles

Takao and Missouri

Takao i had to kill one ship to get the victory, we had points lead but only 1 out of 4 caps on Estuary (would have lost). Managed to kill a Monarch in time.

Missouri was kiting away from the last 4 ships with the points lead. Was a bit annyoing since a Yamato was after me :Smile_hiding:

Oh btw, rarest achievement for me is Unisinkable - i have none^^

[KAKE]
Players
2,560 posts
6,161 battles

None.

I think the closest I've come is to win against three surviving enemy ships, by hiding my Amagi behind an island and winning on points, for the great glory of the Japanese empire.

[ADRIA]
Players
281 posts
12,501 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Oh btw, rarest achievement for me is Unisinkable - i have none^^

You can earn that one by being really bad at timing and using DCP. I have 8, they tought me a lot about managing the damage control consumable. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,866 battles

a Single one in the Jervis on Neighbours
held a 250pt advantage with all three caps, enemy capped two but left the southern A cap as all their ships were up in B & C
i just stayed alive by running to the border while keeping all but 1 BB spotted
timer ran out and we were 40pts ahead still. 

Unsinkable, the only one i have it in is Edinburgh

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,486 battles

3 all together - 2 achieved while playing DD, the last one with a Mogami (yeah, that was indeed a miracle of sheer dumb luck)... :Smile_great::Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
14 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Im sure there were solo warriors where the last player was losing on points and caps and turned the tide by swaying the point advantage, and/or by killing the rest of the ships.

Exceedingly unlikely doesn't mean impossible. If AFKers can get Solo-Warriors, anything can happen, doesn't change the fact that it takes very specific scenarios to happen.

18 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

It is not a perfect achievement but it is the best one we have.

I disagree.

Players
3,371 posts
14,090 battles

Both earned in DD’s. The 1st one I ever got, I was kicked from the game and came back in after 4 mins and still managed to win it 😂

[CBS]
Players
75 posts
10,485 battles

5 in total.

1x Zao: a "brave Sir Robin" kind of SW (team had points lead and I just had to run without sinking another ship.

1x Missouri: Team was far behind in points and had 0 caps. Had to kill an Alsace (which was brawling me anyway when my last teammate died), a Fletcher and a Yamato. Game ended with less than 5 seconds on the clock and a double cit on the Yama. The fourth enemy, a Zao, was kind enough to run into the torps our Zao dropped before being sunk)

1x Buffalo: brave Sir Robin

1x Kutuzov: Brave Sir Robin,  but had to sink 2 CAs during my escape

1x... no idea, can't remember right now. I guess it was my latest one as well, so maybe I can remember when I can look up with which ship it happened.

Unsinkable is also among my rarest achievements. Only got one in Kaiser (or König?) when I was quite new to the game.

Edit: Found it. Was in Jutland. Very close game where our remaining team got overrun by the red Lemmingtrain and I was just lucky enough to be the last ship alive (CV game as well).

By the by, concerning afk ships earning SWs: In all SW games I was the top scorer(in case of the Buffalo the second) on my team. In all my games, I only saw an afk or tomato earning solo warrior once.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, but from my experience it isn't actually that common for this rather rare achievement.

[DREAD]
Players
658 posts

One. Three years ago. Was sailing in Kongo, when last two other team mates sunk. They were destroyers however, so both got  torpedo kills. The rest were 2 US BBs on the other side of the  map unable to reach me capturing their point . Absolutely undeserved.