You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Black vs Neustrashimy

7 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
1,197 posts
26,181 battles

Hello all,

Coming to a decision about where to spend steel. I have Stalin and not interested in Bourgogne. 

So.... Unicums, please share your opinion on each of these, which one would be your choice and why. 

Players
3,374 posts
14,100 battles

Black is the better knife fighter. It’s essentially a Fletcher in that respect. It’s American smoke so last longer and offer more team utility. Radar is great for ambushing caps and when support ships are close by is a death sentence for opponent ships in range. It’s torps are slow but those sea mines if sent on the right path can ruin a red ships game. It’s weakness is no heal, and while it can trade close up in a gun fight loses at range or when the opponent is kiting away. It’s AA is also good.

Neustrashimy is a large, and not as nimble. Has far less guns and you feel it when up and close in a duel. However. It’s got great dectabilty, 5.6km when fully spec’d. It’s guns are accurate and do hit hard if not as often as you’d like. It’s torps are it’s shining point. They hit like a truck, have good range and good speed. It’s more of a torp boat than gun boat. Then there is it’s survivabilty. If you manage you’re heals you can take up to 42k worth of damage before dying. Pick your fights and your laughing. It’s AA when def AA is activated is lethal to T8’s and pretty good against T10’s.

Here’s how mine compare. Damage might look low in both but that’s due to my play style of killing other DD’s first. Both are great cap contestants. If I had to chose...

Benham it would be :P . I’d chose Neustra between the 2.

6ED8D024-BB03-491F-987A-59DE8C9E8AD5.jpeg

D872C384-626E-4E7F-BD7A-B0CAF84E5B42.png

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
1,197 posts
26,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

P.S. Benham, it will be... Unless I get abducted by aliens and can't complete the grind :Smile_trollface: Looking good so far, though.... With a little help from Hill ofc.... 

P.P.S. Thx for the advice! I am also leaning toward Nesutrashimy, as Black (IMHO) lost its uniqueness a bit, due to a massive increase in the number of radar ships at T8 - T10

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,905 posts
19,732 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

It’s AA when def AA is activated is lethal to T8’s and pretty good against T10’s.

Neustra AA with DFAA activated is slightly less DPS than base AA of a Cleve.

Not completely worthless per se, but nothing to write home about either. It won't stop a certain (in)famous CV (:Smile_trollface:) from making 2-3 runs at you and if ordinance happens to connect to even one of your AA mounts it basically annihilates your AA completely (an issue all AA DDs share).

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Bear_Necessities sagte:

So you like Benham more than those 2 or did I misinterpret it?

Now I'm curious - why? - got neither Benham nor Neustra at this moment, but from paper and I'd go with Black even with those mostly not significant torps. It's awesome to clean the base.

The short radar is still mostly enough to (with a decent hitrate) melt down each enemy DD in time even when angled or moving (my experience so far in only 4 games but with 4 first bloods).

Players
3,374 posts
14,100 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Neustra AA with DFAA activated is slightly less DPS than base AA of a Cleve.

Not completely worthless per se, but nothing to write home about either. It won't stop a certain (in)famous CV (:Smile_trollface:) from making 2-3 runs at you and if ordinance happens to connect to even one of your AA mounts it basically annihilates your AA completely (an issue all AA DDs share).

Nothing Stops Big E we ALL know that :P but it swats Lex, Shockaku and Implacable planes easily. When def AA is off..... *sigh* which is why a good heal is needed.  

Players
3,374 posts
14,100 battles
30 minutes ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

So you like Benham more than those 2 or did I misinterpret it?

Now I'm curious - why? - got neither Benham nor Neustra at this moment, but from paper and I'd go with Black even with those mostly not significant torps. It's awesome to clean the base.

The short radar is still mostly enough to (with a decent hitrate) melt down each enemy DD in time even when angled or moving (my experience so far in only 4 games but with 4 first bloods).

Benham is a T9 Clemson, its the most fun I've had in a DD in high tiers in a long time. Don't get me wrong, in a gun fight you're gonna lose. But being able to send out 120 torps plus in a game is hilarious. Complete area denial. So far the things I've done in Benham are filthy. In one game I managed to push back a Jutland, Fletcher then Yugumo further and further away from the objectives with ease. No joke. The Jutland hydro was the only reason they probably didn't die as early. No DD can sit in it's smoke, no Cruiser can stay in smoke, Everything has to wsad all the time if a Benham is opposing your flank. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1