Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Jolly Roger Flag...why you do dis WeeGee???

25 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,495 posts
18,963 battles

Ranked. I never liked it. 

But, I always wanted a Jolly Roger flag, so I tried. After a while, I settled for the commemorative flag at rank 15 and sometimes, when I felt mentally stable enough, I went up to rank 10 and stopped there. 

In the last few months, the urge to get the Jolly Roger grew stronger and stronger. So I decided to go for it next season. And I prepared myself in every way imaginable. 

I went to the gym, started to work out. Watched mindfrak vids. listened to weeb, Gachi, shitty flutes and other mental torture stuff. 

I bought a new gaming mouse, as the office mouse I used was already 12 years old. I bought chill pills in industrial quantities from a Russian online pharmacy, which has a no refund policy. However, google translator screwed me over, cause after eating those chill pills like candy while playing ranked sprint on a friends account while visiting her, I noticed that those weren’t chill pills but b0ner pills. And I wondered, why the pharmacy put links to Russian pr0n sites and mail order brides into the receipt. But since they have no try before buy, I didn’t bother to order myself a wife. 

But i digress. So I ordered another batch of chill pills , this time the right ones, cause it made watching flamu‘s tone deaf tuesday somewhat bearable. 

Too achieve a new level of inner peace, i started watching various ASMR streams and vids. 

I also have a shrink on stand by for emergency therapy. 

So yeah, i felt prepared for the next season of ranked.

Then I watched a WoWS stream and what I heard there hit me like wrecking ball... 

There is no Jolly Roger flag for reaching rank 1 anymore??? But a stupid badge and achievement? 

Is this true @MrConway , @Crysantos ?? 

I don’t want no badge, I want a flag!! 

All this preparation for nothing! 

P.S. Since i don’t need them...if someone needs b0ner pills cheap, pls drop me a pm. 

P.P.S. in case this is true, I won’t be needing chill pills either, if you have need, drop me a pm. 

^^

• Cool 2
  • Funny 17

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles

On ranked sprint you never had the flag for reaching rank 1. Only on regular ranked season. I can't tell you if on regular ranked you can't get the flag anymore. I'm not sure. But in sprint it's sure thing. You have to wait for regular ranked season mate. 

Players
1,689 posts
8,763 battles
11 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

But, I always wanted a Jolly Roger flag, so I tried. After a while, I settled for the commemorative flag at rank 15 and sometimes, when I felt mentally stable enough, I went up to rank 10 and stopped there. 

In the last few months, the urge to get the Jolly Roger grew stronger and stronger. So I decided to go for it next season. And I prepared myself in every way imaginable. 

I went to the gym, started to work out. Watched mindfrak vids. listened to weeb, Gachi, shitty flutes and other mental torture stuff. 

I bought a new gaming mouse, as the office mouse I used was already 12 years old. I bought chill pills in industrial quantities from a Russian online pharmacy, which has a no refund policy. However, google translator screwed me over, cause after eating those chill pills like candy while playing ranked sprint on a friends account while visiting her, I noticed that those weren’t chill pills but b0ner pills. And I wondered, why the pharmacy put links to Russian pr0n sites and mail order brides into the receipt. But since they have no try before buy, I didn’t bother to order myself a wife. 

But i digress. So I ordered another batch of chill pills , this time the right ones, cause it made watching flamu‘s tone deaf tuesday somewhat bearable. 

Too achieve a new level of inner peace, i started watching various ASMR streams and vids. 

Then I watched a WoWS stream and what I heard there hit me like wrecking ball... 

There is no Jolly Roger flag for reaching rank 1 anymore??? But a stupid badge and achievement? 

P.S. Since i don’t need them...if someone needs b0ner pills cheap, pls drop me a pm. 

P.P.S. in case this is true, I won’t be needing chill pills either, if you have need, drop me a pm. 

^^

I need boner pills, what mg are they?

[CAIN]
Players
4,495 posts
18,963 battles
4 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

On ranked sprint you never had the flag for reaching rank 1. Only on regular ranked season. I can't tell you if on regular ranked you can't get the flag anymore. I'm not sure. But in sprint it's sure thing. You have to wait for regular ranked season mate. 

I knew that ranked sprint doesn’t give flags as rewards, but what i’vybeen told is, that the regular ranked doesn’t give them anymore.

Players
960 posts
13,852 battles
7 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

He means the forthcoming 13th season in 0.8.6 will not have the flag.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Didnt WG say thar there will be no more jolly roger flags for ranked, because now those ships (Black, Flint & co) are avalable for steel wheres before you gotten them via the jolly flags? :Smile_unsure:

I'll try to find where i read that later when i get home. 

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,721 posts
13,863 battles
14 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I knew that ranked sprint doesn’t give flags as rewards, but what i’vybeen told is, that the regular ranked doesn’t give them anymore.

It seems so, because on bothering to rank out on the last ranked(i.e not the tier 7 one) for the first time, I didn't get my flag either. 

It sucks. 

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,495 posts
18,963 battles

Thx guys! Waiting for official confirmation by @MrConway or @Crysantos , hopefully we get an explanation why WG has done this. 

I also would like to know if we get at least a commemorative flag for reaching rank 15, otherwise there’s no reason at all to play ranked anymore. For me at least. 

@MrConway, can I get a Jolly Roger pls? With cherry on top! 

If that’s not possible, can you make me at least a Community Contributor? Considering i’m selling b0ner and chill pills now, thus greatly contributing to growth and (mental) stability of the community! ^^

• Funny 1

Players
2,920 posts
16,658 battles

No more JR flags, since 12th season you get a shiny legendary achievement instead (that nobody else will ever see).

WG::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,052 posts
10,766 battles

I got a Jolly Roger for playing on Talk Like a Pirate Day in year 1.  A lot easier than playing ranked too.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,017 posts
7,722 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Considering i’m selling b0ner and chill pills now, thus greatly contributing to growth and (mental) stability of the community!

Well, was gonna comment on the flags but everybody else did, so...

I wonder if you make any money off those pills, me thinks you must be a millionaire by now.

Because they sure are working as I see lots of players either falling asleep or trying to shove their e-peen down any hole they can find.

And yes it is probably improving the playerbase, must be as it can't get much worse.

Now wait until they find out you switched the labels... Oh that's right, won't matter for most anyway. :cap_like:

• Funny 2

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

It was the last Roger avaiable. Given for season X. How hard I wanted it, especially that after winning I could buy Black for steel (will got it anyway for third 1) and get a special camo. And one day before season end, I still remember that enjoyment ;-)

shot-19_07.11_00_14.48-0740.jpg.d6bde3ec5f7b0f3476e480fcc70c5b4b.jpg

Players
1,594 posts
11,588 battles

Yeah i feel ya. I want the JR3 and even contacted the support a while ago and asked if they can add it to my account and take my JR1, JR2, New JR and if they bother even the Flint which i earned from ranked and not bought from cheap SC steel. I ranked out 5 times and actually earned it, but they refused and gave me the finger. The JR3 was my personal longtime goal when i started playing WoWs 3 years ago, because we all need goals. But then for no frickin reason WG decided to disabandon the flags few seasons ago. This sucks so hard. The ranked rewards were neutered several times and are just a fraction of what they used to be 2 years ago (just look at the pathetic ranked camos. literally every free camo people get for logging in are better stat-wise) and then they also took away the bragging rights which the JR is. It really sucks big time and there seem to be no fricking reason why they did it other than piss off us players. Screw this damn achievement, if they at least had given us a damn patch/symbol or even better an emblem and not this crappy 'oh-look-i-leeched-so-many-stars'-emblem that every potato will get eventually.

Why? @Crysantos @MrConway

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,080 posts
19,998 battles
8 hours ago, gustywinds said:

It was all those boner pills that made you want to roger...

I'll get my coat.

Please do!!!!!

[BBMM]
Players
6,017 posts
7,722 battles
44 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Please do!!!!!

Yeah man, use a coat! You do not wanna go barebacking with this lot here.:Smile_hiding:

[HOO]
Players
1,906 posts
3,753 battles
17 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

^^

I'm afraid the Jolly Roger was removed after season 10

image.thumb.png.401fc0e9d2544d55b82977954fa44d1c.png.f9c7f0f528b7cc7fd1d8b20aeba07b31.png

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
15 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Thx guys! Waiting for official confirmation by @MrConway or @Crysantos , hopefully we get an explanation why WG has done this. 

I also would like to know if we get at least a commemorative flag for reaching rank 15, otherwise there’s no reason at all to play ranked anymore. For me at least. 

@MrConway, can I get a Jolly Roger pls? With cherry on top! 

If that’s not possible, can you make me at least a Community Contributor? Considering i’m selling b0ner and chill pills now, thus greatly contributing to growth and (mental) stability of the community! ^^

Like others said Season 10 was the last chance to get a JR flag (and even Season 9 if you wanted the normal first JR flag in particular)

This is also the last season i bothered to rank out for some reason... :cap_hmm:

14 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I got a Jolly Roger for playing on Talk Like a Pirate Day in year 1.  A lot easier than playing ranked too.

That one is red and sure looks nice next to an original JR flag but who only raises a red JR flag? :Smile_hiding:

13 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Yeah i feel ya. I want the JR3 and even contacted the support a while ago and asked if they can add it to my account and take my JR1, JR2, New JR and if they bother even the Flint which i earned from ranked and not bought from cheap SC steel. I ranked out 5 times and actually earned it, but they refused and gave me the finger. The JR3 was my personal longtime goal when i started playing WoWs 3 years ago, because we all need goals. But then for no frickin reason WG decided to disabandon the flags few seasons ago. This sucks so hard. The ranked rewards were neutered several times and are just a fraction of what they used to be 2 years ago (just look at the pathetic ranked camos. literally every free camo people get for logging in are better stat-wise) and then they also took away the bragging rights which the JR is. It really sucks big time and there seem to be no fricking reason why they did it other than piss off us players. Screw this damn achievement, if they at least had given us a damn patch/symbol or even better an emblem and not this crappy 'oh-look-i-leeched-so-many-stars'-emblem that every potato will get eventually.

Why? @Crysantos @MrConway

Actualy for 5 times Rank 1 you would've gotten the USS Black. For JR 3 only 4 times Rank 1 would be enough and for JR4 it would be 6 times...

Also the Battle hardened camo isn't actualy that bad...

22 minutes ago, Shoggy said:

Hands up for getting the old Jolly Roger flag back to ranked.

Jeah I would also like a stab at the flags that I am still missing (JR 4+5)

I guess they stopped giving these out because it was bothersome to given them out manualy (which seemed to be the only way) and to design a new Flag every season without slapping just another roman number on it.

Players
1,594 posts
11,588 battles
3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Actualy for 5 times Rank 1 you would've gotten the USS Black. For JR 3 only 4 times Rank 1 would be enough and for JR4 it would be 6 times...

Also the Battle hardened camo isn't actualy that bad...

Two rank 1 (JR I and JR II), then 3rd rank 1 was the Flint, my 4th rank 1 was season 10 when they changed the JR for the new and abysmal ugly abomination head JR (this would have be my JR III), 5th rank 1 was season 12 which 'rewarded' us with a achievement.

And the ranked camo is not the Battle Hardened, it's a plain 100% XP camo. The Battle Hardened has 100% XP and 250% Commander XP. The ranked 'reward' camo is like the halloween camo or similars that give nothing but 100% XP and the halloween one can be farmed amass during the event or you get them thrown at you from SCs in packs of 50 or 100. A real 'reward' camo like the ranked one should give at least dual or triple stats like every casual camo has them nowadays. Look at all the free camos from daily login, daily missions and so on, they all have most of the time 100% XP, 100% commander XP, 100% free XP. Some vary and give 100/75/100 or 75/75/75 or whatever. The 'reward' camo for which you have to work you [edited]off is way inferior.

[CAIN]
Players
4,495 posts
18,963 battles

So, I asked my questions on the official WoWS stream and @MrConway replied saying, they will look into it for future Ranked seasons. 

This however leaves two of my questions not answered yet:

20 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

@MrConway, @Crysantos can I get a Jolly Roger pls? With cherry on top! 

Thank you for your time WeeGee dudes!

• Funny 1