Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shungite_Merchant

Did they fix the zero damage pens?

23 comments in this topic

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,923 posts
19,749 battles

Basically broken forever.

Module penetrations still get listed as penetrations but deal no damage.

Multi-pen bug will not be addressed in the forseeable future because I think the official answer was that they can't reliably reproduce it, so they have no idea how to fix it. Just recently I took 15k damage from a single Gneisenau shell in my Helena.

Players
10,036 posts
11,833 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which should net overpen damage...

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-085-rogue-wave/#gameplay

Now, when a shell penetrates a secondary battery module, a torpedo tube module, or a completely destroyed part of a ship, the dealt damage will be 10% of the maximum shell damage value. 100% of this damage can be restored using the Repair Party consumable. However, shells don't affect AA modules, and these can only be destroyed by explosions of HE shells, as before.

Not sure, but I think I've had cases of knocking out AA mounts with Minotaur, which last time I've checked doesn't have HE:cap_hmm:

Also one would guess ribbon on the right

425a4266-9733-11e9-8abf-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

applies for AP bombs penetrating weather deck, but are stopped by main armor deck ie Enty vs Yamato...

Nope, it is hint for 2nd RU BB line with torpedo bulges on deck:cap_haloween:

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,646 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Nope, it is hint for 2nd RU BB line with torpedo bulges on deck:cap_haloween:

Flying torpedos :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
10,036 posts
11,833 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Flying torpedos :Smile_teethhappy:

Nah, RU CV feature will be ability to drop torpedoes directly on the ship, thus 2nd RU BBs will have countermeasures for that:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
7,099 posts
245 battles

Yeah, ive had no damage pens recently in my georgia, which is highly annoying on a ship that is somewhat inconsistent in shell spread at long ranges (plus slow arse shells).

Players
483 posts
8,554 battles
29 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Yeah, ive had no damage pens recently in my georgia, which is highly annoying on a ship that is somewhat inconsistent in shell spread at long ranges (plus slow arse shells).

some games i get a lot in the Musashi, it appears that Minotaurs have impenetrable hand rails

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
7,099 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, illy said:

some games i get a lot in the Musashi, it appears that Minotaurs have impenetrable hand rails

I get surprised when i dont get citadels on broadsiding amigos or zaos in my georgia. Then get one when they start angling :cap_haloween:

Players
10,036 posts
11,833 battles
2 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

5k over pen, enjoy

shot-19.07.09_20.59.11-0694.jpg

First trials of new SAP ammunition circa 1944, colorized

• Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,646 battles
4 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

5k over pen, enjoy

shot-19.07.09_20.59.11-0694.jpg

That's a normal thing on Roma against cruisers. To make good result on it you need to have broadsiding enemy BBs :fish_book:

Players
483 posts
8,554 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

I get surprised when i dont get citadels on broadsiding amigos or zaos in my georgia. Then get one when they start angling :cap_haloween:

i get it in the gensenau when trying to kill something, broadside and overpens, vanishing shells and low dmg, then a pot shot from miles away goes and citadels it, french cruisers seem to be the worse in this regard

[SHAFT]
Players
9,859 posts
8,993 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Multi-pen bug will not be addressed in the forseeable future because I think the official answer was that they can't reliably reproduce it, so they have no idea how to fix it. Just recently I took 15k damage from a single Gneisenau shell in my Helena. 

I literally showed them how to do it couple of months ago (even tagged MrConway)

Its quite easy, as the target needs to be in a turning motion (i guess full rudder to either side). Even speed doesnt seem to matter, as ive gotten multidamage pens (cit + pen on Cruisers f.e.) even when moving halfspeed or less.

Anyone can try this, just go to training room and let the bots run around freely. Shoot them while turning, wont take long to get more damage than you are supposed to get.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
7 hours ago, Panocek said:

Note what you quoted only says "secondary battery module, a torpedo tube module, or a completely destroyed part of a ship".

Primary gun mounts can presumably still be penetrated for 0 damage.

Players
39 posts
5,486 battles

No damage pens, dont we love em? Surprisingly, I get them mostly in Scharnhorst and Graf Spee (dont be confused, other ships too, but those two..rly stand out for me) and my PEF also tend to more than often, end up with a no damage pen.

Always thought that's because of the ...something something strange caliber , as in "not big enough to be a real BB round, yet bigger than most cruisers" wonkyness.

I dunno, honestly...I'm not rly surprised that nothing has changed,  it went as expected and we all know it wont be fixed.

[GW_KR]
Players
215 posts
20,183 battles

Still getting zero damage pens. Nothing was fixed.

But also a single pen that does 5000 (as per description of the shell and expected )
Then in the next salvo for the same single pen on the same target -  1800 ??? ....like....HOW ???

If I have to program the damage model I'll put single IF statement at the end before the displaying damage numbers / ribbons

oh mighty server side code...a shell hit a ship
are we going to subtract numbers from the ships health ?
  - YES - display the numbers then and show it as a pen
  - NO - then display the hit as a ricochet/miss and move on

is it that hard ?
Just hack it or something

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,923 posts
19,749 battles
9 hours ago, Panocek said:

Ah yeah, forgot about that.

Would still mean that penetrations to the main battery deal no damage tho.

Players
7,099 posts
245 battles

Yeah pens to main turrets dont deal any damage soon, which is kinda annoying when mister shell takes a detour there.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,605 posts
13,872 battles
11 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

No wonder, all the devs are busy with is the NTC. Why bother with core game mechanics?

• Funny 2

Players
340 posts
14,953 battles
3 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

No wonder, all the devs are busy with is the NTC. Why bother with core game mechanics?

They are always too busy to fix the game

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,201 battles

Makes me wonder if I am not paying enough attention to the game or something.

I am not able to bring from my memory wrong calculations.

I am sure this did happen, but 0 pen, is so long in the game that I consider it game mechanic.

I am far from complaining if my shell deals double penetration damage ;)

[DREAD]
Players
658 posts

Is it to hard, to ask for a module damage ribbon? Any those penetrating a bulge but shatter or bounce at the belt, should just be a shatter  or bounce ribbon.

[-E-G-]
Players
86 posts

no because they are incompetent at fixing the game xp player have , look at what they do to the game last 1 year, absolute nothing and they are too stupid to understand they don't have the player base to put so many game modes , but hey they don't care they will work for WoT after this game die ..

Sign in to follow this