Sign in to follow this  
TheWiggleBottom

Anyone experiencing match loading difficulties?

4 comments in this topic

Players
50 posts
4,592 battles

Ever after patch 0.8.4. I've experienced problems with my game and it got worst with 0.8.5 and I was wondering if other had experienced the same.

After the release of 0.8.4 I noticed a drastic change in the loading of battles. 

Prior of 0.8.4 I had to wait about 6-10 seconds before my battle was loaded. Meaning I had to wait 20-24 secs in-game for the battle would start. This was -for me- a normal / average loading time

After the release of 0.8.4 my game was still loading after the battle had started. But here's the strange thing, with every new battle the time needed to load the battle, would decrease. With the release of 0.8.5 that problem got worse. 

Also I started to have crashes during the first battles (This is already being investigated with the help of a support ticket, so I won't go into details.) 

Now, when I have my first battle, my game needs an extra 60-45 secs after the battle has started. 

The second battle it would need a 20 sec extra to load after the battle had started.

The third match it had loaded the match 5 secs before the battle would start.

The fourth battle was loaded in just 10 secs and I would have wait 20 secs before the battle would start. Other words back to normal.

This is both in random battles, savage battles and in ranked. The only difference between Random and Ranked & savage mode is that the time needed to load the first, second & third match would be less in Savage mode & Ranked battles than in the random battles, but non-the-less it displayed the same problem.

I already made sure that the firewall has Wargaming added to the exclusions, so that is not the cause of the problem. 

Because this issue so hard to pinpoint on a single client I was wondering if other people had the same.

Players
402 posts
3,834 battles

Yes, I'm having the same kind of problems. It takes a long time to load the port; then I don't join a battle for about 30 seconds to a minute after it's started. Once in the battle, a lot of stutters. I've done an integrity check, but to no avail. I've missed out on the benefits of two days free premium time because of this.

EDIT: And this morning ? All back to normal. Overnight server reset maybe...

Edited by Pametrada

Players
50 posts
4,592 battles

I have the same stuttering.

My ping is about 20-30ms and my fps is steadily around 72-75, yet the game stutters without a drop in ping or fps. Also the game continues to take more time to load the first rounds of a ship.

Specifically, when I play the same ships multiple time, the game needs less time to load. But when I switch to a different ship, the game need more time load its first match. It is as if the client needs extra time for each ship. 

I've set the graphics to a lower point but that won't help. 

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

I've noticed a generally longer waiting times.

From starting the game to waiting to get in the match.

Especially noticeable for me is the lag when the battle is finished. Everything done, the "end music" is playing but the background is the last blurred frame.. Only a few seconds later "World of Warships" appear on top and then the results a second later... Before it was significantly faster and smoother.

Sign in to follow this