You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saltface

I am going back to T5

68 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles

I am going back to T5. I had enough of the high tiers.

Spoiler

I got torped by a Chung Mu with 

1613961895_chung2.png.132eafb9b36f955be26fee44cdb535cc.png

1844659999_chungmu.thumb.png.033a5f4f9c4b8cb6875b49a55bd6680f.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7
  • Angry 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,803 posts
11,267 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Saltface sagte:

Inhalte verstecken

Pick up the torp. ☆

Get close to said Chung Mu. ♡

Throw them on Chung Mus deck and tell them to try again. ☆

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,612 battles

And why the heck not? I've had many of my most fun games at that tier (regardless of win or lose). Always like to play a few tier 5's. Well, we mostly play by going through tiers 5-8 each in turn and then back again. I only get to play a couple of tier 10 or 9 games every now and then and that's just fine by me. :cap_like:

The main thing is to enjoy yourself right? :Smile_Default:

• Cool 4

[BS4]
Players
1,295 posts
7,278 battles
12 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Hide contents

Ahhhh the good old team split leaving you totally unsupported at B, Regardless of the chung mu's battle count....a nice supporting cruiser with radar would have been nice though no?

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

And why the heck not?

I love T5, 1/3rd of my battles are T5. And it is fun. But, lol, I 'm trying out the Benham and I can't do it in T5. One more game before I do my 50th.

On a more serious note, that player is on someones team. Its ok if there are 4 DDs on each side. OK you lost one. But, this was 1 DD per team. I was sorry for the red team.

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,964 posts
8,614 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

The main thing is to enjoy yourself right? :Smile_Default:

Absolutely! :cap_like:

In T5 to T7 i sometimes experienced much better gameplay then in higher tiers. Support, focus fire, spotting is working really good sometimes and u are able to compensate 1-2 suiciders. Me and my divi mates often try to play some HT games but often end up staying in the T5-T7 area. But it got worse since release of RU BBs. I hope they grind fast :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
1 minute ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Ahhhh the good old team split leaving you totally unsupported at B, Regardless of the chung mu's battle count....a nice supporting cruiser with radar would have been nice no?

True, but I knew from start that the Chung Mu was weak and I knew he couldn't torp me in my smoke if it came to that. I wows numbered him. 

But I am used to this. Very few players support their DDs. In those rare cases I spend all my compliments and I spam the chat with thank you's.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles

I guess its the case of "you see Ivan, when you lock on it says "unable to hit", but when you unlock then torps will hit"

• Funny 4

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 25 Minuten, Saltface sagte:

Versteckte Inhalte sichtbar machen

Might be he dropped onto Rich behind you :Smile_trollface:. Those circumstances happen over all tiers. I doubt you are save from those in tier 5

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

did he at least rage at you in chat for being a cheater and avoiding his torps? you know, the mark of a true professional... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 10

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
13 minutes ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

Might be he dropped onto Rich behind you 

I don't think so since the Richelieu is 16 Km away and his torpedoes have a 10.5 range if he runs the upgraded ones.

I don't know what is worse. To launch at a DD with DW (maybe muscle memory? if we want to find an excuse, like an instinctive reaction) or launch at a ship that is clearly way out of range.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts

Looks like Chung Mu didn't have any other targets and just threw them out on the off chance they'd spook you, in case you happened to be a bad player who thinks they will get hit and end up leaving the cap circle as a result of avoiding them.

I often fire torps off to the very minor potential of some effect if I know I won't be able to engage anything before my reload finishes anyway.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,882 posts
9,003 battles
On 7/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, Saltface said:

I don't think so since the Richelieu is 16 Km away and his torpedoes have a 10.5 range if he runs the upgraded ones.

I don't know what is worse. To launch at a DD with DW (maybe muscle memory? if we want to find an excuse, like an instinctive reaction) or launch at a ship that is clearly way out of range.

Understanding torpedorange from the ship you are playing? Thats waaaay too much to ask from the average player :cap_haloween:

When you see people using 4km russian torps at >10km...

• Cool 3

Players
2,385 posts
15,548 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

When you see people using 4km russian torps at >10km...

...right next to your ship and then getting pink while screaming in chat "LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING !@$#*&"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
7,111 posts
245 battles

If i was in the benham i wouldn't of bothered going to b not without support anyways.

I play quite cautiously in the maass and if teammates don't bother going to a cap i dont bother either (due to the amount of times i've died earlier on because of that in both world of tanks and this game).

i've actually left cap once because i was so focused on shooting this near dead tirpitz in my maass i heard the torp indicator and fled but it was acutally from a sodding gadjah mada (who was appreantly 5km from my smoke but got deleted by the fat BB's behind me).

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

average player

I am an average player. 

Please, don't underestimate me.

• Funny 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,882 posts
9,003 battles
7 minutes ago, Saltface said:

I am an average player. 

Please, don't underestimate me.

Atleast you have a brain - unlike what i refer to as "average player" :Smile_trollface:

Average player for me is

- Doesnt care

- I pley 4 phun

- Doesnt know what he is doing

Seems like majority seems to be this, so they are kinda average :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
18 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

If i was in the benham i wouldn't of bothered going to b not without support anyways.

I just can't leave a cap uncontested. Even if I delay the reds from getting it my team saves points. As a DD in the current meta caps are hard to get but they are decisive to the outcome of the game. Take it and keep it. Have the points run.

I think having more than 33% contribution to capture is one of the best indices that a DD is useful.

10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

- Doesnt care

- I pley 4 phun

- Doesnt know what he is doing

Bad and indifferent player. This player will never become average. Actually they are not a player. They are dead weight.

An average player is conscious about the game he is playing and tries to evolve. Has a limited understanding due to lack of experience (not lack of intelligence) but as time goes by he develops and eventually he will become a good player.

Our game has depth and is complex. You don't become good from one day to another.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,882 posts
9,003 battles
6 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Bad and indifferent player. This player will never become average. Actually they are not a player. They are dead weight.

An average player is conscious about the game he is playing and tries to evolve. Has a limited understanding due to lack of experience (not lack of intelligence) but as time goes by he develops and eventually he will become a good player.

Our game has depth and is complex. You don't become good from one day to another.

I know what you mean, and i dont want to stomp on "average players" by putting them with the group of idiots. Just feels lately, that half the team consists of lobotomized apes, so i feel the average standard has dropped significantly.

• Cool 2

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles

I enjoyed playing St Louis at T3  and the likes of Furrytaco and Exeter at T5 as well as some of the T5 BBs.

Been playing mostly T8 and up for the campaigns but the irony is I have Yamamoto and no ship to put him in and will soon have Halsey as well and the highest appropriate ships I have are T7 (Colorado/Helena) 

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

i dont want to stomp on "average players"

I know. I know first hand. Remember? you are one of those guys that lost time and effort to teach me how to play.

But...the accomplished players of the game should not go out as elitists. It is bad for the game. I had to make you say it. LOL LOL

8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Just feels lately, that half the team consists of lobotomized apes,

Well...the situation is even worse. Even I feel a constant face palm playing high tiers. And now that the New Orleans is on sale !! I have seen miracles LOL LOL

So, yes,  the situation is bad if I the average player is on a constant face palm.

WG needs to find a way to make money so that the game becomes healthy again.

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
2 hours ago, StringWitch said:

Looks like Chung Mu didn't have any other targets and just threw them out on the off chance they'd spook you, in case you happened to be a bad player who thinks they will get hit and end up leaving the cap circle as a result of avoiding them.

belated answer from my side.

I think this is a remote possibility. And I will admit that this has never crossed my mind.

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
8 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

How did you get hold of the Benham so soon?

download.png

• Funny 2