Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Good_name_354652

Rename for what? It should be called World of Censorships (WC)

8 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
3,160 battles

Ok due to the late hour, i will be short on this. So my name was hollowcaust at first 1 year ago, and i could give god damn good proves how is that not related with what everyone abusing the last 60 years. I respect that. However, the right on this world is declared by the majority of the people and not the nature or the way things work, especially when people , especially the victorious one that write history have another opinion. Again, i respect that. So, theoritically, from what i just said myself, if i get reported by 100 people cause i have the name let s say "John86" , i must be punished with a rename or ban or so... right? This makes sense alright. So my question , since i decided to move forward - cause like they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shamen on me - do you, as a community, consider this right? The majority of people in such a game, to be able to take the decisions? Of course we have democracy here, and the later one advantages the stupid majority, but come on.... So i changed my name to hollowcoast. And i have it for 1 year. Then all in a sudden, i got another rename today, and ofc i need to pay for that. However i didnt receive any message from wargaming. At the very least they shouldnt make rename an automaticated method like chat bans or regular bans or w/e . I mean, give me a break.... How holocaust is related to hollowcaust? One means totally burnt (an ancient term that i am not going to tell how wrong is to be abused for the unfortunate fate of 6m jews, which is undoubtfully one of the biggest tragedies in the world). It is like if the people which genghis khan slaughtered and were conquering the whole world to the term massacre. Or w/e in a similar occasion. But anyway like i said, i respect the abusing part from the strongest people in the world. This is life. But like i said, one means totally burnt and the second means hollow coast. Simply as that! I mean, wth? If someone had the name convex coast would also get his name renamed from people who are being offended by that type of coasts? How ridiculous can this policy be? And it has no totally different typing of both letters and the two words are made of, but also the pronunciation of both words are so different. Ok, the last one might be not that different (actually it is but lets drop the standards for the people with non-english first language), but 1st) if i had the name Hollowcoves ( a band), what if a german or another guy with heavy or "weird" accent was complaining too? the same applies for so many other words like pussy (cat) for instance. So if i get a nickname liL_pu55yC4T (see? i put also the cat part for not confusion)  i should get also reported... right? If nothing else that s even more obvious than my case. Plus, hollowcoast have been a song from 1939, without lyrics and it s not from the side of axis, obviously, nazi didnt know what holocaust was by then, and also it is a book of 2011 irrelative to holocaust obviously again. But it doesnt really matter... you never realised the paranoia you have with this, so.... i just felt to write my complain and the reason that i quit. To whom it may concern, i hope when he/she reads it to see how - beyond stupidity - bad policy this is.

P.S. i am pretty sure a lot of troll-people will run and see my armory and they ll say "omg u have full german tree" and such.... i dont give a damn tbh. Just make your own conclusions, i couldnt care less. Just saying to save you from bother.

• Bad 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,430 posts
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

TLDR

he thinks it is ok to use "hollowcaust" and "hollowcoast" as nicks and denies the (obvious) teasing hint to the Holocaust...

[P-W-C]
Players
5,066 posts
28,145 battles
2 hours ago, Good_name_354652 said:

How holocaust is related to hollowcaust?

The pronounce is related. Just change it to something not related at all.

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Beta Tester, Players
245 posts
7,956 battles

The defence you brought up to somehow justify "hollowcoast" is hollow. The fact that you were named "hollowcaust" before just shows that you want to toy around with similar sounding words; or do you really think people believe that "it's a band from the 39s" argument?  

However all this does not matter, what's important is that a lot of people found the name offensive enough to report it. And since you accepted WG's EULA and rules you also agreed that names others find offinsive can lead to a name change. 

So nothing to see really, go get a normal name and stop toying around with words that sound similar to holocaust. And please don't try to make me believe you did not pick those names for exactly that reason.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,440 posts

No, we do not need players glorifying warcrimes by playing around with and presenting names that reference them. If directly or by playing around with the letters doesn't matter, when it sounds the same when spoken.

That's not censorship, it's common sense.

And the forums are not the place to make an appeal.

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,932 posts
10,659 battles
4 hours ago, Good_name_354652 said:

Ok due to the late hour, i will be short on this. So my name was hollowcaust at first 1 year ago, and i could give god damn good proves how is that not related with what everyone abusing the last 60 years. I respect that. However, the right on this world is declared by the majority of the people and not the nature or the way things work, especially when people , especially the victorious one that write history have another opinion. Again, i respect that. So, theoritically, from what i just said myself, if i get reported by 100 people cause i have the name let s say "John86" , i must be punished with a rename or ban or so... right? This makes sense alright. So my question , since i decided to move forward - cause like they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shamen on me - do you, as a community, consider this right? The majority of people in such a game, to be able to take the decisions? Of course we have democracy here, and the later one advantages the stupid majority, but come on.... So i changed my name to hollowcoast. And i have it for 1 year. Then all in a sudden, i got another rename today, and ofc i need to pay for that. However i didnt receive any message from wargaming. At the very least they shouldnt make rename an automaticated method like chat bans or regular bans or w/e . I mean, give me a break.... How holocaust is related to hollowcaust? One means totally burnt (an ancient term that i am not going to tell how wrong is to be abused for the unfortunate fate of 6m jews, which is undoubtfully one of the biggest tragedies in the world). It is like if the people which genghis khan slaughtered and were conquering the whole world to the term massacre. Or w/e in a similar occasion. But anyway like i said, i respect the abusing part from the strongest people in the world. This is life. But like i said, one means totally burnt and the second means hollow coast. Simply as that! I mean, wth? If someone had the name convex coast would also get his name renamed from people who are being offended by that type of coasts? How ridiculous can this policy be? And it has no totally different typing of both letters and the two words are made of, but also the pronunciation of both words are so different. Ok, the last one might be not that different (actually it is but lets drop the standards for the people with non-english first language), but 1st) if i had the name Hollowcoves ( a band), what if a german or another guy with heavy or "weird" accent was complaining too? the same applies for so many other words like pussy (cat) for instance. So if i get a nickname liL_pu55yC4T (see? i put also the cat part for not confusion)  i should get also reported... right? If nothing else that s even more obvious than my case. Plus, hollowcoast have been a song from 1939, without lyrics and it s not from the side of axis, obviously, nazi didnt know what holocaust was by then, and also it is a book of 2011 irrelative to holocaust obviously again. But it doesnt really matter... you never realised the paranoia you have with this, so.... i just felt to write my complain and the reason that i quit. To whom it may concern, i hope when he/she reads it to see how - beyond stupidity - bad policy this is.

P.S. i am pretty sure a lot of troll-people will run and see my armory and they ll say "omg u have full german tree" and such.... i dont give a damn tbh. Just make your own conclusions, i couldnt care less. Just saying to save you from bother.

aaa.jpg

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,157 posts
7,184 battles

Hello OP,

I personally think you deserved your first name change, and you get the second one because you had the first one in the beginning.

I'm not gonna go in the "If you'd have a shred of idea what that word means for some people, you'd try to delete it from your memory" part.

But all in all,

this not the place to discuss it.. So to prevent this topic turning into much more problematic which is quite obvious from the reaction you already got.

If you think you are being wronged and your sanction is unjust, please go open a Costumer ticket and present your case.

This topic will be locked.