You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
zordage

Cv future patc

29 comments in this topic

[PLD]
Players
89 posts

Wg had a press release of sort and its on YouTube now any way 

Som pointers talk with the comity before you slap them with the Nerf bat 

I think the squarely overall sorry need to ad to this later my sleepiness starting to assist 

• Boring 1

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,425 posts
4,049 battles
14 minutes ago, zordage said:

I think the squarely overall sorry need to ad to this later my sleepiness starting to assist 

Link ?

Only see stuff on World of Warplanes etc.

Cant find any Press Release.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,538 posts
16,660 battles
3 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Link ?

Only see stuff on World of Warplanes etc.

Cant find any Press Release.

I believe he's referring to this.

Haven't watched it myself yet but I'm preparing the popcorn.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

I believe he's referring to this.

Haven't watched it myself yet but I'm preparing the popcorn.

Handy hint: Make sure to keep a pillow handy to stuff into your mouth so as not to wake the whole town as you laugh/scream with incredulity.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,837 posts
4,576 battles

No need to talk to any community. If its overperforming, you nerf it until its in line with other ship classes.

Carriers are still objectively overpowered(tops the graphs on avg damage and match influence), thus carriers are still in need of nerfs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,425 posts
4,049 battles
44 minutes ago, thiextar said:

No need to talk to any community. If its overperforming, you nerf it until its in line with other ship classes.

Carriers are still objectively overpowered(tops the graphs on avg damage and match influence), thus carriers are still in need of nerfs.

Well the Bigger Problem is clearly the Influence Chart.

Because thats the thing that was said before as well.

CVs are Equaling BBs in Damage Dealing Abilities. And that alone would not be a Problem.

But they also Surpass DDs in Spotting and Cruisers in Support Roles.

If a Class is Equal or Better than every other Class in ONE Thing. Thats fine. Thats Asymetrical Balance.

But if a Class is Equal or Better than every other Class in ALL Things. Then Sorry that Class is Overpowered and needs to be Nerfed.

I dont even care which one.

If CVs want to be Damage Dealers thats fine.

Just Remove Spotting from Planes making them Similar to World of Tanks Artillery. And Requiring Teammembers to Spot for them to Attack Enemies.

If CVs want to be more Support based. Also fine.

Just Increase Efficiency for the AA Dramatically. So that CVs cant really Attack the Main Fleets Effectively but can Punish Single Breakouts or Mistakes of the Enemy. While also Staying at Range and Spotting.

If CVs want to be more Spotting Intensive. Ok Why not.

Then just Reduce Damage Dramatically. Or better Decrease Accuracy of Drops Dramatically. Making their Damage more Random Similar to BB Guns. And thus make High Damage less likely for them except with really Good Hits.

But they cant have all of it.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,538 posts
16,660 battles

LOL you could literally use the "look back" slide and apply it to the rework with only a few changes.

Because almost nothing has changed.

On player retention, note how players with prior CV experience are completely ignored. Probably because it wouldn't fit their narrative. 10/10 bending the truth WG.

Skill gap is measured in percent of players, meaning the top 10% in RTS CVs will inevitably have better stats than top 10% of reworked CV players because top 10% of reworked CV players encompasses MORE PEOPLE. OFC REWORKED CV STATS WILL LOOK WORSE THAN BEFORE IF YOU DO THIS.

JESUS CHRIST WG HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE A- Oh wait. You're probably thinking about the average player. Right. Nevermind.

Battle influence chart ofc doesn't account for that the CV playerbase is now objectively worse in skill than before.

Also relative damage taken for all classes. Like, really? If you introduce a class that :etc_swear:s on everything, it kinda makes sense that the chart doesn't change because everyone is getting :etc_swear: on equally? Wanna show us damage by type maybe and see e.g. how many DDs die to rockets/bombs/air torps and CV spotting?

Average battle per user is kinda worthless as a metric (to us). I'd love to see how many players the rework has brought in or turned away instead.

LOL mistakes. It's not like we didn't :etc_swear:ing warn you about how you're rushing the release or sth.

Oh, wait, most of us testers were CV mains. No wonder you didn't listen to us. Just like in the past 4 years.

New AA priority sector sounds awful. "Ivan how do you balans braindead mechanic with no counter?" "With braindead mechanic without counter comrade xaxaxaxaxa!"

Also if it is percentage based doesn't that just mean I can completely ignore it via squad shortening? If I just constantly pinprick with smaller squads doesn't that mean the change is completely worthless? And what is the point of having multiple attacks per squad when by design this method of counterplay basically eliminates it?

There is so much wrong with this bull:etc_swear: I'm gonna stop here. Just admit that you have no idea what the :etc_swear: you're doing and scrap the rework completely.

KEK not even gonna bother commenting on the Q&A section.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

LOL you could literally use the "look back" slide and apply it to the rework with only a few changes.

Because almost nothing has changed.

On player retention, note how players with prior CV experience are completely ignored. Probably because it wouldn't fit their narrative. 10/10 bending the truth WG.

Skill gap is measured in percent of players, meaning the top 10% in RTS CVs will inevitably have better stats than top 10% of reworked CV players because top 10% of reworked CV players encompasses MORE PEOPLE. OFC REWORKED CV STATS WILL LOOK WORSE THAN BEFORE IF YOU DO THIS.

JESUS CHRIST WG HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE A- Oh wait. You're probably thinking about the average player. Right. Nevermind.

Battle influence chart ofc doesn't account for that the CV playerbase is now objectively worse in skill than before.

Also relative damage taken for all classes. Like, really? If you introduce a class that :etc_swear:s on everything, it kinda makes sense that the chart doesn't change because everyone is getting :etc_swear: on equally? Wanna show us damage by type maybe and see e.g. how many DDs die to rockets/bombs/air torps and CV spotting?

Average battle per user is kinda worthless as a metric (to us). I'd love to see how many players the rework has brought in or turned away instead.

LOL mistakes. It's not like we didn't :etc_swear:ing warn you about how you're rushing the release or sth.

Oh, wait, most of us testers were CV mains. No wonder you didn't listen to us. Just like in the past 4 years.

New AA priority sector sounds awful. "Ivan how do you balans braindead mechanic with no counter?" "With braindead mechanic without counter comrade xaxaxaxaxa!"

Also if it is percentage based doesn't that just mean I can completely ignore it via squad shortening? If I just constantly pinprick with smaller squads doesn't that mean the change is completely worthless? Also what is the point of having multiple attacks per squad when by design this method of counterplay basically eliminates it?

There is so much wrong with this bull:etc_swear: I'm gonna stop here. Just admit that you have no idea what the :etc_swear: you're doing and scrap the rework completely.

KEK not even gonna bother commenting on the Q&A section.

scream here.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
318 posts
4,522 battles

cv should have been t5 t7 and t9. that way aa power at t9 and 10 could have been normalised allowing cv to play against t 8 9 and 10 without the balance issues from end of range, and the knock-on effect this has had

• Cool 2

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,149 battles
4 hours ago, thiextar said:

Lmao you won't be happy until cvs do an average of 2k damage. Where did the bad CV touch you. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

Players
7,553 posts
9,318 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Lmao you won't be happy until cvs do an average of 2k damage. Where did the bad CV touch you. 

Nah, he will be happy when enemy CV will spot ENEMY team and heal his ship when attacking

• Funny 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

You know, when not talking statistics (even in the very post I took this snippet from), you actually sound like you have brain - so I'm willing to assume that you actually do have a working one. Therefore, let me implore you - please, for the love of God, steer clear from talking about anything statistic-related because it's almost physically painful to see you disgrace yourself by SHOUTING WITH CAPSLOCK about things you fail to understand even on a very basic level.

• Funny 1

[YAMUM]
Players
1,806 posts
20,730 battles

cv future patch? plzzzz let it be this one:

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[THESO]
Players
621 posts
3,674 battles
24 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

[YAMUM]
Players
1,806 posts
20,730 battles
10 minutes ago, Asakka said:

giphy.gif

buttbutt...... i said plzzz?! :Smile_child::Smile_sad:

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
5 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

He didn't, I killed all his f***ing planes. The good CV, on the other hand...

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
621 posts
3,674 battles
9 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

buttbutt...... i said plzzz?! :Smile_child::Smile_sad:

3831020-9212179855-BYw8g.gif

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
7,553 posts
9,318 battles
38 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

giphy.gif

Only if you reimburse everyone who bought premiums with money and all the Free Exp and credits:Smile_trollface:

[P-W-C]
Players
5,015 posts
27,964 battles
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

[PLD]
Players
89 posts
15 hours ago, zordage said:

Good day and sorry to leave you all hanging i am a cancer survivor and when i take my med´s before sleep i do get a bit drowsily.

Back to the point this is the rework that is on the agenda and i was referring to this.

Now to Wargaming now that we see that you have a base line that you are going to build on i want to ask that you try to inform your player of why this is the way you want to go and why manly to get players to understand your reasoning for the changes.

I am in no way trying to say any thing against this progress i might even agree to some of it but the players need to be informed on what your plans are to prevent another shitstorm.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,538 posts
16,660 battles
8 hours ago, eliastion said:

You know, when not talking statistics (even in the very post I took this snippet from), you actually sound like you have brain - so I'm willing to assume that you actually do have a working one. Therefore, let me implore you - please, for the love of God, steer clear from talking about anything statistic-related because it's almost physically painful to see you disgrace yourself by SHOUTING WITH CAPSLOCK about things you fail to understand even on a very basic level.

So when you take the top 10% of the ~3k or so RTS players , encompassing ~300 players, and compare it to the top 10% of the ~10k reworked CV players, encompassing ~1k players, somehow that doesn't fudge with results? Especially when you consider the target audience of the rework?

You're probably assuming that with rising player numbers the percentage of skilled players will stay the same. This is objectively incorrect, a quick comparison of top 100 charts will reveal that the number of skilled CV players has been practically annihilated after the rework.

The only one who is disgracing himself here is you.

• Cool 3

[BBMM]
Players
4,091 posts
4,582 battles
37 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

So when you take the top 10% of the ~3k or so RTS players , encompassing ~300 players, and compare it to the top 10% of the ~10k reworked CV players, encompassing ~1k players, somehow that doesn't fudge with results? Especially when you consider the target audience of the rework?

You're probably assuming that with rising player numbers the percentage of skilled players will stay the same. This is objectively incorrect, a quick comparison of top 100 charts will reveal that the number of skilled CV players has been practically annihilated after the rework.

TBH statistically this makes a lot of sense, even if you take the (likely) fact that WG will fark around with the numbers.

I agree you have a lot of sensible ideas - and I can understand your frustration totally. 

RTS CV-players (the ones that DID play it) were a lot better... you'd have to be else you'd get deleted at start game.

Rework players do not have to deal with the enemy CV, as WG took that out of the equasion (OK, unless it is YOU vs some unsuspecting N00b like me).

Also, so far damage dealing/killing was quite easy if you knew a few tricks.