You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ShootingFish86

Angry Rant

29 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
5,743 battles

Wargaming need to justify WTF they were thinking when they designed the Royal Navy Battleships. Designing the Cruisers to be extremely delicate was one thing, and when the french light cruisers came out with almost the same armour but somehow being less prone to multiple citadels I could almost forgive WG - after all they were just trying to make the nations different....

But battleships with HE that is better than the AP? With turret traverse that is absolutely awful? With armour and hitpoints that tend towards the low end at almost every tier? Constantly nerfing the heal, or the position of the citadel?

There is a point at which the aim ceases to be "differences in the tech trees" and becomes "we just don't like the Royal Navy"....

and that point comes when the Russian BB's are released! Almost every one of them is a fantasy mashup where the blueprints and schematics were interpreted in the most sympathetic way possible. Almost every one of them has something special and uniquely fun about them.... they have "poor turret traverse" (source: WG release notes) but compared to the RN turrets they are sliding along on a cloud of unicorn farts and stalin's [edited]tears. In real life the Soviet navy would struggle to put together a river monitor with a decent damage control party but no, in the game they are marvellous ships. In real life the Royal Navy was the biggest and best navy in the world, only surpassed by America in roughly 1942/43 - and yet in game the representation so far is a tree of BB's with the personality of a particularly stubborn  deodorant stain, a cruiser line that are designed for 1 role and don't do very well even in that one, and a destroyer line that have gimmick smoke and are only really good for harrassing/slightly annoying battleships on the flank with the guns.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,066 posts
28,145 battles

You're trying to say that RN BBs are weak? :cap_fainting:

Dude they're really powerful when you know what are you doing. Especially T9-10 with mobster heal. Stay at distance and spam HE. When the battle goes on and you're closer and see broadside cruiser your swap to AP and delete him. Expert loader on RN BBs is a must for me. 

The only RN BB on high tiers that has pretty high citadel is the premium Vanguard. They still didn't raise the citadel of techtree higher tier BBs . It'll be on 0.8.6 so get ready for that. From T7-10 all BBs will have the same citadel height as vanguard one.

[TEC]
Beta Tester
175 posts

The Lion (UK) is the strongest tier 9 regular BB I've played so far.

To find something better, you'll have to leave the silver ships tech trees and get yourself a Missouri, Musashi, Jean Bart or similar - imo.

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,066 posts
28,145 battles
7 minutes ago, thoso1973 said:

The Lion (UK) is the strongest tier 9 regular BB I've played so far.

To find something better, you'll have to leave the silver ships tech trees and get yourself a Missouri, Musashi, Jean Bart or similar - imo.

1v1 Lion is better than Missouri and JB. Can burn them to death if he knows what to do. Harder thing is with Musashi. Although Lion can burn him too, Musashi can punch RN BBs even angled. 

[-TPF-]
Players
2,288 posts
10,718 battles

KGV is great, far better than the fat git Nelson with his glass jaw.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
19,953 posts
12,415 battles
41 minutes ago, ShootingFish86 said:

Wargaming need to justify WTF they were thinking when they designed the Royal Navy Battleships. Designing the Cruisers to be extremely delicate was one thing, and when the french light cruisers came out with almost the same armour but somehow being less prone to multiple citadels I could almost forgive WG - after all they were just trying to make the nations different....

But battleships with HE that is better than the AP? With turret traverse that is absolutely awful? With armour and hitpoints that tend towards the low end at almost every tier? Constantly nerfing the heal, or the position of the citadel?

There is a point at which the aim ceases to be "differences in the tech trees" and becomes "we just don't like the Royal Navy"....

and that point comes when the Russian BB's are released! Almost every one of them is a fantasy mashup where the blueprints and schematics were interpreted in the most sympathetic way possible. Almost every one of them has something special and uniquely fun about them.... they have "poor turret traverse" (source: WG release notes) but compared to the RN turrets they are sliding along on a cloud of unicorn farts and stalin's [edited]tears. In real life the Soviet navy would struggle to put together a river monitor with a decent damage control party but no, in the game they are marvellous ships. In real life the Royal Navy was the biggest and best navy in the world, only surpassed by America in roughly 1942/43 - and yet in game the representation so far is a tree of BB's with the personality of a particularly stubborn  deodorant stain, a cruiser line that are designed for 1 role and don't do very well even in that one, and a destroyer line that have gimmick smoke and are only really good for harrassing/slightly annoying battleships on the flank with the guns.

Oh boy. That sounds like someone needs a heavy dose of L2P.

Especially the DD are very good.

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,066 posts
28,145 battles
16 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Tier 7 and 8 are kinda mehhhhhhhhhhh. Not really good at anything really. 

T7 ? I really had fun on it. The Duke of York is nothing to talk about , with 5 sec longer reload and worse rudder. The only advantage is hydro and slightly better AA.

[TEC]
Beta Tester
175 posts

The UK dds are generally speaking pretty solid and multi purpose ships.

I'd say that if the UK tech tree has a 'problem', it's with the cruisers and their lack of HE ammo. That is a disadvantage that robs you of several tactical and strategic options and I'm not sure that the increased RoF you get in return, is worth the trade off.

[NWP]
Players
6,578 posts
7,488 battles
Just now, thoso1973 said:

The UK dds are generally speaking pretty solid and multi purpose ships.

I'd say that if the UK tech tree has a 'problem', it's with the cruisers and their lack of HE ammo. That is a disadvantage that robs you of several tactical and strategic options and I'm not sure that the increased RoF you get in return, is worth the trade off.

WG said, smoke shooting HE is OP (see Belfast and Kutuzov) so no HE for RN CLs. That was again reserved for Russian bias Smolensk :cap_tea:

But i like my AP only CLs :Smile_playing:

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

T7 ? I really had fun on it. The Duke of York is nothing to talk about , with 5 sec longer reload and worse rudder. The only advantage is hydro and slightly better AA.

Autobounce-angles?

• Cool 2

Players
1,662 posts
6,481 battles
5 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Tier 7 and 8 are kinda mehhhhhhhhhhh. Not really good at anything really. 

and KGV is my favorite from that line too :(

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,624 posts
16,740 battles

I could make an angry rant about how underperforming players like you should be forced out of high tiers but that would get me banned.

That you need to l2p ofc never crossed your mind?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,066 posts
28,145 battles
4 hours ago, B0Tato said:

Autobounce-angles?

It's the same hull as KGV.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
433 posts
5,171 battles
49 minuti fa, MacArthur92 ha scritto:

It's the same hull as KGV.

Yeah, but Duke of York has improved penetration angles like USA cruisers at 67,5 degrees instead of 60, so her AP are more dangerous against cruisers compared to standard UK AP... 

• Cool 3

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,624 posts
16,740 battles
9 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Yeah, but Duke of York has improved penetration angles like USA cruisers at 67,5 degrees instead of 60, so her AP are more dangerous against cruisers compared to standard UK AP... 

Tbh I never knew that. Had to check Fitting Tool to confirm.

Learn something new every day.

You know.

Unlike the OP.

• Funny 2

[P-W-C]
Players
5,066 posts
28,145 battles
7 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

I didn't know that . Ty :cap_like:

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
433 posts
5,171 battles
3 minuti fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

Tbh I never knew that. Had to check Fitting Tool to confirm.

Learn something new every day.

You know.

Unlike the OP.

1 minuto fa, MacArthur92 ha scritto:

I didn't know that . Ty :cap_like:

When you know that, those 4,5seconds of reload have much more sense in my opinion... 

Also DoY will receive another repair party charge in next patch, so you won’t have anymore a heal disadvantage compared to KGV... 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,881 posts
8,969 battles

The Soviet BBs being better is just the same as with the French.  Powercreep.  WG want you to think that the newer lines are superior to the ones you own so you'll grind them. Simple logic to them.

As for RN BBs being weak, aside from tier VIII I found them fine.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,107 posts
6,240 battles
11 hours ago, ShootingFish86 said:

But battleships with HE that is better than the AP?

Strong HE as well as good AP ...How the hell is this a bad thing ?

Strong heal as well as a super heal on some premium ships (Nelson)

problem sounds like its coming from behind the keyboard not with the line tbh.....

Players
1,384 posts
5 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

and KGV is my favorite from that line too :(

I don't know why but out of all tier 7 bbs that is my least favorite. Accuracy is meh and can't tank a lot since litteraly everyone can pen you no matter the angle. Scharn, Colorado, nagato and gneisenau work better for me. 

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
17,108 battles
11 hours ago, ShootingFish86 said:

citadel is getting the position where it should be. underwater citadel makes the ships tardproof and this is dumb. besides rising the citadel is only gonna affect [edited] who shows broadside in them. 

nerfing the heal?`what are you talking about? that heal is already stupid AF and its getting buffed... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,573 posts
7,481 battles

Sounds like serious teaabo, l2p issues :Smile_sceptic: After KGV i paused the grind because of its silly and completely unfun gameplay but surely not because they are weak. :Smile_facepalm:

[YAMUM]
Players
1,809 posts
20,750 battles

ah, i see... we're talking the latest addition to the game ^^......

Spoiler

:Smile_facepalm: BOOOORING..... next plz!

edit:

oh, i see we do indeed lol.... #rusBBthreadindisguise:Smile_trollface:

Players
252 posts
12,344 battles

Just going to point out, warspite, hood and vanguard have good AP, and I enjoy that premium experience 

• Cool 1