You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_HMS_RICHY

Tier Ten no skill required (

52 comments in this topic

[BOTZ]
Players
287 posts
22,900 battles

I wish WG would have a tutorial so players had a basic grasp of how to play.

The incredible stomps are getting more common and no tier is remotely safe anymore.

I swear 50% winrate will soon be considered unicum level if this continues.

This guy is a legend.

shot-19.07.07_10.42.07-0661.jpg

shot-19.07.07_10.43.22-0021.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles
41 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, even the best tutorial in the world is no help if the players that need it the most refuse to use it.

• Cool 9

[CATS]
Players
26,875 posts
14,403 battles
42 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Did you really think about that sentence?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TEC]
Beta Tester
199 posts

Only botters/your usual AFK players can - usually brag of an average wr at about 37-40% across all classes/tiers they 'play'.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say he bots his way through the tech trees until he reaches the prize - tier x ships and then plays those with very little skill and knowledge, as a result of not playing any of the precursor ships for real. 

Players
2,595 posts
12,952 battles
1 hour ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

The incredible stomps are getting more common and no tier is remotely safe anymore.

I guess it was always at least somewhat like this, but it has gotten worse & worse. Some games are just an idiot lottery, and if you lose heavily, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,942 posts
19,756 battles
28 minutes ago, thoso1973 said:

Only botters/your usual AFK players can - usually brag of an average wr at about 37-40% across all classes/tiers they 'play'.

Nah. Bots play better than that.

• Cool 6

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles
Just now, Saiyko said:

I guess it was always at least somewhat like this, but it has gotten worse & worse. Some games are just an idiot lottery, and if you lose heavily, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

This, this, and absolutely this. The game has been around for years, which is enough time for any nutter to get their hands on a T10. Since a lot of these people have one-track minds and think that T10 is the *point* of the game, they'll be spamming them during every minute of free time they have. Granted, some of the ships (mmmmmmmmmm des moines) feel and look pretty sexy, too. This high T10 population also drags my precious T8s up to their tier. You either carry or you lose.

However, there's some pride involved in carrying T10 and it's a challenge well worth it. If you can carry that tier, you can pretty much carry anything else thrown at you.

Players
904 posts
10,044 battles

It's not restricted to T10. I just did 85k damage to a Colorado which chased me all over the map firing HE. I was in a Myoko. 

• Funny 3

[BOTZ]
Players
287 posts
22,900 battles
7 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Did you really think about that sentence?

Sorry I mean anything above 50% winrate. It was late I was tired.

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, _HMS_RICHY sagte:

This guy is a legend.

serious question: define skill in this game - what do you mean by skill? so many people talking about it, seldomly it's defined

[BOTZ]
Players
287 posts
22,900 battles
1 minute ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

serious question: define skill in this game - what do you mean by skill? so many people talking about it, seldomly it's defined

Show me where I wrote skill and I will try and define it ...serious answer.

[BOTZ]
Players
287 posts
22,900 battles
Just now, _HMS_RICHY said:

Show me where I wrote skill and I will try and define it ...serious answer.

I know in the title well I have to go out so I will reply later. Its early i'm tired.

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
229 posts
6,811 battles

T10 works kinda different though - at least for me :D I can keep a 50+WR at all tiers (or almost..i think my T6 WR is also pretty crap), but at T10 i'm in the low 40s. I guess it's got to do with the fact that you need to carry your team harder in that Tier and i fail to do that.

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,144 posts
10,490 battles
34 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

It was late I was tired.

28 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Its early i'm tired.

Is there a time, in wich you are not tired?:Smile_trollface:

Just joking.

I agree with @lafeel. Players that are that bad, wont benefit of Tutorials. They would skip them or dont learn anything from them, because they dont care at all for the game. Some seem to think f2p = no brain needed, and thats how they play.

Players
2,385 posts
15,552 battles
35 minutes ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

I'd have thought it is rather self explenatory.

Skill - the ability to do something well (In this particular case - play battle)

Knowing how game mechanics work at least on basic level (weapon systems, concealment/spotting, consumables, etc), what roles play all classes of ships, thing or two about positioning and TEAMPLAY.

You know, usuall stuff that is required in order to perform at acceptable level.

• Cool 1

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 22 Minuten, Skyllon sagte:

I'd have thought it is rather self explenatory.

Skill - the ability to do something well (In this particular case - play battle)

Knowing how game mechanics work at least on basic level (weapon systems, concealment/spotting, consumables, etc), what roles play all classes of ships, thing or two about positioning and TEAMPLAY.

You know, usuall stuff that is required in order to perform at acceptable level.

Well, you tried to start an explanation but scatched the basics. Knowing basics is no skill from my point of view, it's fundamental stuff. That's why it is interesting when people put an explanation behind thrown around phrases.

I doubt, that it's self explenatory  - there are many people in the game and in the board who have no serious clue about what to do to play a battle well.

(Including those calling others noobs and skill-less and stuff...)

That was the reason why I asked. I'm honestly curious to know what he mant when he opened the thread.. throwing around with those common phrases is easy, having advanced knowledge isn't that common.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,899 posts
9,003 battles
9 hours ago, Saiyko said:

At this point, i really consider not to play any hightiers any more. Its a waste of my time basicly. Half the team consists of total morons now.

HIV + Salem turning to the map border at spawn. Asking why, Salem responds with "you ping me, i stop playing" (does that matter anyway? he was already useless). HIV on the other hand, turns around at some point rushes to the center of the map and gets blapped.

Kremlin pushes in hard, cant get out anymore, upon getting smoked by our div DD to save his [edited], starts to insult us as fuckwits ! :cap_fainting:

2 DDs both yolo one cap without backup and die instantly

This was one game ofc.

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
786 posts
6,970 battles

But if there are people like this, there must be equal as much players with 60/70% winrates, right? So just like everything else, it's just the luck of the draw who you will fight against. We can't all have 50+% winrate. 

Players
7,118 posts
245 battles

Had a bot konigsberg get two kills and place third place on the leaderboard.

while some kaiser driven by some nya was right at the bottom lol.

there was litterally 5 konigsbergs on both sides that acted like bots at tier 5, seems to be quite a common sight too be honest.

[POP]
Players
611 posts
12,047 battles
13 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

But if there are people like this, there must be equal as much players with 60/70% winrates, right?

Yep, they were all on my team during the weekend. Was shitfaced and still managed to get ~90% WR with abysmal PR. Icing on the cake was winning a gunfight in an Asashio against a Z-52.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles
3 hours ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

Serious answer:- to me, skill in this game is as follows:-

1) reading the map you are playing

2) understanding how to play the ship you are driving best using the map you are on

3) understanding the minimap and optimising your play taking into account what your team mates and the opposition are doing.

That is my theory, the practical results of which give rise to each players match statistics - low damage, low winrate, BOT?, high damage, low win rate, poor player, low damage good win rate, good understanding, high damage high win rate,  highly skilled player.

Regarding the player in the OP - I suspect that they have botted their way to T10, then botted their way to the legendary modules. If true, then at what point do they actually start to play themselves, no idea, but their understanding of the game will be pretty low, if above zero, when they actually start. Probably get their asses handed to them so often that they give up and play something else.

Players
7,118 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

Well, you tried to start an explanation but scatched the basics. Knowing basics is no skill from my point of view, it's fundamental stuff. That's why it is interesting when people put an explanation behind thrown around phrases.

I doubt, that it's self explenatory  - there are many people in the game and in the board who have no serious clue about what to do to play a battle well.

(Including those calling others noobs and skill-less and stuff...)

That was the reason why I asked. I'm honestly curious to know what he mant when he opened the thread.. throwing around with those common phrases is easy, having advanced knowledge isn't that common.

Positioning, map control, predicting enemy movements (as a team and individual ships at the same time), reading allied movements and positions, aiming well and prediciting movements to land shots on agile opponents or to get citadels.

Learning where to push, when to use consumables, setting up crossfires, predicitng torps and dd positions in advanace. When to use teammates as meatshields when to sacrifice yourself etc.

That is what seperates someone who just presses the W key and hits LMB a few times to someone who has a winrate above 60%

Players
3,333 posts
10 hours ago, thoso1973 said:

If I had to make a guess, I'd say he bots his way through the tech trees until he reaches the prize - tier x ships and then plays those with very little skill and knowledge, as a result of not playing any of the precursor ships for real. 

Maybe, maybe not, maybe those players have simply lost their way and just play for the grind, tier X is where all the juicy stuff is that your so desperately want on your tier 5's, pew pew cannons are of no interest, why do so many like the higher tiers?

By losing their way I mean generally losing interest in the game, and losing sight of what they are grinding or even why, I am at this stage right now. You can put this down to anything, inability to play certain class types, MM, CV rework, for me the game is going exactly like WoT's, and I hate to say it but I rage more and more in game now, playing lower tiered ships is fine, for about two battles, then game over.

There is simply no fun in a game after game trying to figure out what to do, tutorials will not even help, we all know cruisers are support ships but after watching umpteen thousand video's, none of them work, if you cannot sell and account to someone else then you should at least be able to claim back or sell it back the WG, they helped [edited]up their own game so why not?