You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barracuda_111

What do you think is the best Tier 10 Battle Ship, and Why do you think it is the best?

36 comments in this topic

Players
1,031 posts

I have All the tier 10 Battle Ships, excluding the Montana ( grinding the unlock )

I think the Best Battle Ship depends on a number of variables, your play style and choosing the ship for your play style, and tailoring the captain skills for your style, being three of them.

For my self I feel Grosser Kurfurst followed by Kremlin are my picks as The Best Tier 10 Battle Ship ( taking into account I have not unlocked the Montana yet. )

What do you think?

image.thumb.png.029f5eaf818b97dc88418f36d4ef8c41.png

Players
2,139 posts

Montana, and GK BB wise, Yamato is a POC, Cruiser wise, the Salem

Monty and GK fr ease of use and secondaries, Salem for accurate fire, and well I just like it,.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles

Currently playing a bunch with the Kremlin and she's tanky AF as long as nothing gets your side (big ouchie if they do) and the dispersion can get perversely tight if you can position yourself close to the fighting.

Republique is lots of fun, especially with the legendary upgrade. People don't expect that kind of reload from a BB and you can catch so many people during turns.

I also quite like the Montana for the sheer broadside alpha combined with good accuracy (for a BB).

Only really ever bring out my GK when I want to meme around a bit with my IFHE ssecondary build.

Conqueror is still a good candidate for just farming damage (and Arsonists/Witherers if you need the signal flags and don't want to spend credits in the Arsenal), but imho that playstyle got boring real fast.

Yamato ... been a long while since I last played her since she got powercreeped to hell. Guns are still amazing and best in class, but that Yamato cheek ...

Personally I find the Republique to be the most fun, but that's probably due to me being more of a destroyer/cruiser captain than a battleship one so her playstyle just vibes better with me. You want the opinion of someone who's actually good in BBs, look to someone else.

[NWP]
Players
6,553 posts
7,482 battles

If i can judge without owning them:

Slava could potentially become the best TX BB when they release it in its current state. Having long range accurate guns is just bad design.

I only have GK, but i see myself enjoying Yamato (do have Musashi and its great) or Montana more than GK. Its not bad, but others should be able to get better results.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,108 posts
5,022 battles

Montana, because the USA is the greatest country on earth. 

Spoiler

tenor (4).gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[POI--]
Players
5,915 posts
7,229 battles

I can see decent points for pretty much any ship that isn't GK. Like, Repu has reload, accuracy and speed with likely the best anti-cruiser guns. Kremlin has good anti-cruiser guns, insane HE resistance and tankiness. Montana is great all-rounder, Conqueror with the changes certainly seems to have enormous potential. Yamato has its citadel, but those guns are extremely potent. GK is basically memes galore, though it likely is the best T10 BB in a cyclone/thunderstorm front.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
19,918 posts
12,406 battles
55 minutes ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

What do you think?

That it depends on your playstile...

Therefore there is no best BB.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[LADA]
Players
322 posts
5,955 battles

There is only one answer - Yamato

It doesn't matter what it is - nothing on the enemy team can safely ignore a Yamato.

Find someone bow-tanking you? (e.g. every T10 game) - Yammie doesn't care. Just whallop them in the face and overmatch their bow.

Find someone camping back at max range WAAY at the back - Yammie doesn't give a hoot. Long range lobbing is it's genuine strength. 

See that hail of AP coming from that smoke cloud? - Yammie will solve that Minotaur problem for you. You only need 1 citadel to really hurt something, 2-3 will kill/cripple a static target.

See that CV parked all the way across the map (silly him for not reversing or moving ASAP) - Yammie is the ideal means by which you can send him the good news. Because taking out a CV a few minutes into the match isn't just funny - it's hilarious.

Do all of the above to the best BB gun sound FX in the game - BOOH-DOOF! 

Even the short-mid range AA is now decent.

A rare gem in that it's of the 'original' ships that hasn't (yet) been power-creeped or pushed out of it's role.

• Cool 4

[TEC]
Beta Tester
175 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That it depends on your playstile...

Therefore there is no best BB.

This.

Although I suspect the new Russians are about to change this perception.

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,704 posts
20,626 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Dragunov said:

I think the Best Battle Ship depends on a number of variables, your play style and choosing the ship for your play style,

Ok, quite easy then, the Best Battle Ship for most of the Battle Ship players in this game is Shimakaze with 20 km torps.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[COMFY]
Players
583 posts
1,485 battles

anyone who says glorious soviet BBs are not best will be sent to gulag for spreading capitalist information.

jokes aside in the last rental T10 ranked thing I played all 3 BBs, decided that yamato is the best, since guns will actually tell you how wel you aim(or suck), and if aim is good, lots of damage. I also played her far more aggressively then anyone would suggest(closest I got is 7km from a monty) but I noted the fact that people generally have 0 idea what to do if a yamato shows up at that kind of range(plus more lolpens though the bow cause close range=more shells on target).

for conqour I tried running the 419 and 457, I actually prefered the 457s more(Their AP damage is the highest in game if it goes into cit)

GK shots goes everywhere except where I aim

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,566 posts
15,595 battles

first of all, never use a "b" in Großer Kurfürst again. The "ß" can be translated as a double "s"

the best Tier 10 Battleship is Kremlin

the worst is probably Kurfürst

Players
4,173 posts
245 battles
49 minutes ago, Kaseko said:

first of all, never use a "b" in Großer Kurfürst again. The "ß" can be translated as a double "s"

the best Tier 10 Battleship is Kremlin

the worst is probably Kurfürst

mind you with that dispersion it is pretty gross.

probs yammy or republique. Untill champagne arrives (eventually).

Players
7,631 posts
9,357 battles

The best, or rather the most OP BB in game is the one firing at you, while one you sail is always underpowered:cap_hmm:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
436 posts
5,436 battles

The only one I have is Conq and I don’t much like it.

If you want to win, Kremlin seems to beat all at the moment but it’s make-believe twin Slava will probably be even more OP.

Players
436 posts
5,436 battles
1 hour ago, Kaseko said:

Yeah, it should always be called CurryWurst.

And it’s predecessor Fat Freddie.

Now who is old enough to remember?

b40fd8a1bdd704006268694992765782.jpg

• Cool 2

[P-W-C]
Players
5,045 posts
28,088 battles

Imho Conq is the most flexible and reliable one. Though you have be careful not to get too close. 

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles

Not really good enough at bb to voice an informed opinion, but personally I like the Yami for performance and the GK for the relaxed, fun game. 

Played a bit of republique in space battles and scored 16 citadels in one game. She sure is fun, but lacks the sheer killing blow of other bbs.

Won't touch brit bbs, hate everything about that concept. 

Monti is pretty much the jack of all trades and master of none. She hasaid become easier to citadel though as of late. 

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles
5 hours ago, Gvozdika said:

best BB gun sound FX in the game - BOOH-DOOF!

This, i play my Yamato in coop allot just because its soo satisfing to hear the guns bkast away :D

Regarding the OP, for TX ships, Z52 is a great ship, Zao still a verry capable one, mini Stalingrad aka Moskva also still a contender, just to name a few good ships :Smile_Default:

Players
2,139 posts
25 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

This, i play my Yamato in coop allot just because its soo satisfing to hear the guns bkast away :D

Regarding the OP, for TX ships, Z52 is a great ship, Zao still a verry capable one, mini Stalingrad aka Moskva also still a contender, just to name a few good ships :Smile_Default:

I may have to try this, forgot about Co op, those guns do make an awesome sound for sure, but for it's supposed over match ability, well I nearly rage sold it, every aimed shot, no damage or an over pen, and the turret traverse, if ever you see a yamato camping it is because they can do nothing else either that or join the cruisers behind a rock, AP just goes through without doing anything, so in rage I HE spammed.

So the next question is, does anyone have any replays of then doing well in the Yamato, whatever the key to this thing is I need to find it quick.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
43 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

So the next question is, does anyone have any replays of then doing well in the Yamato, whatever the key to this thing is I need to find it quick.

Aside from the usual BB playstyle (angling, not showing broadside) Yamato players have to take special precaution to hide the infamous Yamato cheek or else people who know where to shoot a Yamato can citadel her extremely reliably even when you might tink you're well angled.

That and knowing how to exploit the 32mm overmatch capability, i.e.: knowing when to aim for sides and when you get more damage on bow/aft sections for guaranteed hull overmatching rather than getting baited to shatter or bounce on angled mainbelts.

• Cool 1

Players
108 posts
9,597 battles

One player with owning only one BB telling us its the best. Another player calling one BB as worst. Maybe he hasn't mastered the ship yet. :cap_old:

All the current T10 BBs have their special abilities and they excel at those. There ain't no best. There are good ones for different situations. 

• Cool 1

[_DIB_]
Players
130 posts
11,682 battles

Any tier 10 ship that I can be a thorn in my opponent's side is the best ship for me.

• Cool 1

[TEC]
Beta Tester
175 posts

I think most QWERTY keyboards have 's' keys on them - you can even press it twice. ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1