You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

What should WG focus on improveing first?

What should WG focus on first?  

92 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. WG should focus development first on

• CV Rework
    • Matchmaker Rework
    • Ship balancing
    • UI improments
    • New game modes
    • New ships
    • NTS (the one without performance buff that is)
    • Toturials for new and less skilled players

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2019 at 10:00 PM

21 comments in this topic

Players
238 posts
3,481 battles

We are doing good, lets see if we can't brig it to 100+ votes ;)

remember to add any sugestions for next months poll!

or you have a comment or question!

Your Fellow Sailor SmokyButton! 

[WTFNO]
Players
426 posts
7,404 battles

Rebalance of captain skills and slot modules overall, so that we actually have some build choices for a change.

I would also like more variety in the ship upgrades, like the few cases with two possible gun caliber or torps, instead of the standard 'unlock and buy everything' we have for most ships.

• Cool 1

Players
458 posts
2,980 battles

MM.... far too much focus on CV at present considering nobody wants to play them.

Players
1,027 posts
On 7/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, SmokyButtons said:

What should WG focus on improveing first?

tell me if i forgot any? ;)

For Myself, the number 1 improvement would be:-

Improving the system for punishing, cheats, ignorant, rude, negative, team kill, players with in the game format, and rewarding better behaviour. 

Players
4,079 posts
245 battles

Captain skill rework/rebalance, mm rebalance, reduce total amount of rng on ships so making them more skill dependant, Tutorials forced ones with very good rewards would be nice as well.

Also new gun and effect sounds and cosmetics (it's not like they have to make ships all the bloody time).

Players
2,130 posts

MM, so many times you get lower tiers going up against far superior higher tiers, it is why most of my games are higher tiers

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
4,103 posts
4,598 battles

WG should first focus on defining what the problem is before throwing more half-arsed "fixes" in the game.

• Cool 2

Players
213 posts

CV rework takes priority just because of how half-baked the whole situation is.  If you're going to walk away from the tire-fire, you shouldn't be doing so when its pumping the most noxious smoke into the atmosphere.

If I were to hazard a guess, I think the current state of affairs has left CVs less popular than they were under RTS.

Reintroduce the mid-tier ships to help reduce the impact of battlegroup matchmaking on the gameplay, can tweak each ship to make them more distinctive and historically recognisable after-the-fact; normalise the relative alpha-strength across tiers so T4s aren't useless ticklers and tier-10s don't AP-cit T10 battleships for half their HP.  Normalise AA damage across tiers so that AA becomes less binary (delete all planes before they can apply full alpha / eat multiple strikes as each wave survives and flies away).

These are bare minimums to achieve before walking away from the whole mess in exasperation – let alone actually fixing the rework properly so that squad-shortening and slingshotting aren't go-to strategies.

Second up would be ship balancing in the widest possible sense, a lot of the interactions in the game aren't particularly satisfying and exist only because they have served, historically, as band-aids to wider design problems.

• Cool 1

Players
238 posts
3,481 battles

We are at 61 votes, lets see if we can not pull it a 100!

Invite your freinds tan clan mates to vote 😎😉

[P-W-C]
Players
5,034 posts
27,994 battles
On 7/19/2019 at 2:12 PM, NoobySkooby said:

MM, so many times you get lower tiers going up against far superior higher tiers, it is why most of my games are higher tiers

Babushka 21072019194534~2.jpg

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
810 posts
On 7/19/2019 at 8:37 AM, WynnZeroOne said:

MM.... far too much focus on CV at present considering nobody wants to play them.

They have to fix cv's first, you ever wonder why nobody wants to play them right now, because their a shambles.

Players
294 posts

MM, all hands down.

I'm done playing with WR 45% Gneisenus or Colorados just so the enemy can mirror with WR 55% Sinops and Nelsons.

Or one side with division of Hill V and New York V vs enemies Belfast VII and Gad Madjah VII.

Do I even need to open up about T8?

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,225 posts
6,816 battles

Voted mm because despite so called improvements now and then it fells like it hasn't been touched since the beginning.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
78 posts
8,181 battles

Helping new players get better and bad players get better, all day every day. 

The MM is fine as it dumps on everyone equally so therefore its ' balanced '.  CV's are more than useable right now and played correctly and with a bit of luck can still rack up teh damage and kill,  and for the most part ships are balanced reasonably well ( with a couple glaring exceptions  ). The UI could do with being faster, but I'm kinda used to it now, so it doesn't bother me that much. 

Players
458 posts
2,980 battles
4 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

They have to fix cv's first, you ever wonder why nobody wants to play them right now, because their a shambles.

Not fixable.

Both sides of the argument have desire to feel no impact, thus however balanced they may be on spreadsheets, neither side will be happy and both sides would rather the world burn than acknowledge actual balance.

Equally, balance and fun, seem further apart than ever. 

Players
60 posts
4,341 battles
6 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

Not fixable.

Both sides of the argument have desire to feel no impact, thus however balanced they may be on spreadsheets, neither side will be happy and both sides would rather the world burn than acknowledge actual balance.

Equally, balance and fun, seem further apart than ever. 

maybe they could introduce armored planes with less alpha and strike groups. They could survive longer but with less damage inflicted :D

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles
9 hours ago, T0L0S said:

Helping new players get better and bad players get better, all day every day. 

The MM is fine as it dumps on everyone equally so therefore its ' balanced '.  CV's are more than useable right now and played correctly and with a bit of luck can still rack up teh damage and kill,  and for the most part ships are balanced reasonably well ( with a couple glaring exceptions  ). The UI could do with being faster, but I'm kinda used to it now, so it doesn't bother me that much. 

cNQadlS.png

Thats the spirit. Expect a SC or two for that post :Smile_teethhappy:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,628 posts
12,324 battles
On 7/21/2019 at 9:43 PM, T0L0S said:

The MM is fine as it dumps on everyone equally so therefore its ' balanced '. 

Yes, perfectly "balanced" & "equal" dump :fish_palm:

LenF3vT.jpg

OT:

I want to pick more than one as WG should have their focus on more than one of these points.

I feel like, since I started playing this game couple of years ago, it has gone mostly downhill (in my opinion), with only now and then something good. Most additions and changes seem to be catering the lowest common denominator(s) -> remove as much skill as possible, so good and bad players are on more "equal grounds" :fish_palm:

I'm not sure this is very healthy for a PvP game, but then again I am not a game developer so what do I know :Smile_child:

Players
238 posts
3,481 battles

the vote has ended, an i think the result is interesting, and WG is not on the ball ... like at all!! 

if WG is as they are claiming listing to the community, the would be fixing CV and MM ASP,

as that is what a far majority wants for the game!

in other words, fix the basic thing that are broken before new stuff, and that imo makes perfect sense!