Sign in to follow this  
NeoHyron

Warspite! Advice needed

6 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
3,015 battles

Hello again,

i've played a few battles in this game but still far from being experienced so i've got a question.

Played mostly in the midtiers esp. Tier 5. So recendly i took the step to Tier 6 and got the Warspite but i'm not sure where to go with it.

I looked a bit through guides and Mouse's review of premium ships. I read that Warspite should have sove nice secondarys and a quite good concealment.

For the moment i istalled following modules:

Slot 1:

Slot 2: Damage Control Mod 1

Slot 3:

Slot 4: Damage Control Mod 2

And 10p Captain: PM, EM

So i have 2 Slots left and 7 Commanderpoints.

I need a bit advice what to go for. Secondary built , Concealment, SI...:cap_hmm:

[FAILS]
Players
248 posts
15,797 battles

I would go for super intendent (Warspite gets an improved heal) and concelament expert. For modules either main battery or auxiliary mod (either works, since you have PM already). Her secondaries are not bad, but ultimately not worth speccing into. Dispersion module is best for the third slot, since the guns are Warspite's absolute biggest strength.

Warspite has hard hitting and accurate guns and a fantastic turning radius, but is slow and a bit squishy, as well as having not much range.

Ideally, you want to stay at medium range where you can fire accurate volleys and then slip back into concealment, as well as wiggle that booty with her handling.

After that, it's just practice your gunnery (also with spotter plane, since she actually can use the extended range at times) and try to stay angled after shooting and she will reward you nicely!

This is of course just my opinion, but I've had her for a while and she works rather well this way. Have fun!

[P-W-C]
Players
5,066 posts
28,145 battles

You can get also spotter plane mod on slot 1 that extends it's action time. It costs 17k coal , use coupon if you have it. It's a very accurate ship with good handling. Secondaries I won't recommend for these days, especially when you get uptiered MM. 

Those my recommendations for 10 point and 19 point commander

Screenshot_20190707-102256~2.png

Screenshot_20190707-102320~2.png

[CATS]
Players
19,953 posts
12,415 battles

I cannot recommend a secondary setup at Tier VI.

Superintendent is good, but I take Basics of Survivability first. I use BoS nearly every battle, SI is useful much more rarely.

Players
2,109 posts
15,301 battles

The basic BB build is PM-EM-SI-CE. Of course you want SI because of that extra heal, especially since the heal is so much better than on many other BBs. Not quite as ridiculous as Nelson or Conq but it does repair more damage. However, to take advantage of that, you need to play aggressively but don't overextend and die, which is not easy.

Slot 1 is almost always main armaments Mod 1, except mostly for ships with the thickest turret armour in the game (among which Warspite is not), and Slot 3 for BBs is basically always Aiming Systems Mod 1, especially for Warspite, to make those great guns even more accurate. Of course for that to be an actual advantage, your aim needs to be good. If it's not so good, a bit wider spread will get better results - the shotgun approach. However, in this case it's a small bore shot gun, so to speak, because she has rather few guns.

So all in all, she is a classic but not a very beginner-friendly ship at all. Maybe better get the OR, especially since she's available for coal in the armory. Easier to make work for beginners and plus she's a good captain trainer for Soviet BBs, which are the latest and consequently the strongest current line.

Players
7,651 posts
9,377 battles

Secondary build is a gimmick, semi viable on select few ships and Warspite sure as hell isn't one. Her AA is also far from excellent, so you won't gain much from stacking that either. Thus, being relatively "generic" BB she is, you can safely spec for survivability, which would be PT/PM, AR/EM, SI, CE, AR/EM, BoS, FP in roughly that order 

Baseline skills for, well, most ships in game looks like this

PT or PM, depending on your preference

AR is universally good pick, EM, if you can't stand turret traverse and destroyers REQUIRE LS due to notoriously breaking engine and rudder

you can't go wrong with SI on most ships, on cruisers you can take Demo for some extra barbeque. for BB good pick is BoS, you can't go wrong with shorter fire/flood duration. Depending on destroyer, BFT, TAE are both good picks while SE is pretty much mandatory

CE is mandatory, FP is decent if you spec into full tank build. If ship have decent AA and/or you want to improve whatever you have, then Manual AA.

Sign in to follow this