Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
____FALKEN____

Game rework.Make players play old unused ships.

21 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
5,002 battles

Hello wargaming world of warships and all wonderful wows players.I think this is my first use of the forum and my first message to wargaming .

I have been following the debate on how to make players use old ships in there inventory and wargamings plans for it.

My idea might take som programing but i think it is possible.

1 Add the possible to add vissible stars o something like they use in World of tanks,something to show off,  a uniqe flag for god results in a ship,u can add uniqe permanent camuflage to this.

2 Add that the game selects a random ship in the players inventory that adds bonuses for 1 day or more,the ship that are ur ship of the day or something similar is granted a credit boost and free xp boost.

Something that makes the random selected ship of the day realy worth playing.Dont select an ship of the day in the entire ship inventory,it must be a ship the player owns.

And also make it over all the tiers.

And also a big thank u to wargaming world of warships team,The key to the succes of this game is ur intrest in listening and trying to make the game allways a god experience for all the players.:cap_horn:

Beta Tester
5,226 posts
24,098 battles
2 hours ago, ____FALKEN____ said:

Hello wargaming world of warships and all wonderful wows players.I think this is my first use of the forum and my first message to wargaming .

Hello.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,912 posts
19,734 battles

Immediately one fundamental flaw comes to mind.

People typically sell ships they no longer wish to play.

• Cool 1

Players
2,831 posts
19,145 battles
5 hours ago, ____FALKEN____ said:

...allways a god...

Hello and welcome. Agreed. Very god.

• Funny 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

1 Add the possible to add vissible stars o something like they use in World of tanks,something to show off,  a uniqe flag for god results in a ship,u can add uniqe permanent camuflage to this.

2 Add that the game selects a random ship in the players inventory that adds bonuses for 1 day or more,the ship that are ur ship of the day or something similar is granted a credit boost and free xp boost.

Something that makes the random selected ship of the day realy worth playing.Dont select an ship of the day in the entire ship inventory,it must be a ship the player owns.

1/ Nobody can see the flags other ships are flying, there are usually too many of them to pick out an individual flag and I doubt the screen resolution many players are using (especially in the RU) would render them clearly anyway. As regards permanent camo I have 'hide non-histroical camo' switched on, so I wouldn't see any show-off camo, and I'm sure this is so for many players.

2/ For myself I can't think of anything more annoying than feeling obliged to play a ship I don't want to play because of some bribe to do it. It's bad enough already with events for specific ships. I just want to grind the ships I want to play in the tech trees I want to concentrate on.  

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

Add the possible to add vissible stars o something like they use in World of tanks,something to show off,  a uniqe flag for god results in a ship,u can add uniqe permanent camuflage to this.

we've been asking for this for years now, to no avail sadly... gotta keep trying I guess :D

Add that the game selects a random ship in the players inventory that adds bonuses for 1 day or more,the ship that are ur ship of the day or something similar is granted a credit boost and free xp boost.

This idea I do really like - could be adapted in a number of ways depending on what exactly WG wants to achieve with it, but I like the core concept.

35 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

just speaking for myself here - not really. I have a bunch of ships in port that I either kept because "hey this was kinda fun/interesting, maybe I'll want to play this again some time in the future" or because I rebought it for some specific occasion (Operation or something) - but that are now collecting dust because I dont have an incentive to take them out for a spin. This idea would provide that incentive.

• Cool 4

Players
509 posts
11,523 battles

I'm lost as to the point of this

I have 50 odd ships in my port of which I probably regularly use 5 or so with another 10 I occasionally run around in, unless an event such as ranked points me in the direction of a specific set

The others are event ships such as the ARP's, premium gifts such as the Albany or lines I have finished grinding 

Why would I be happy to be encouraged to play these over the ships I prefer to play

Players
958 posts
13,770 battles

Just to note that the forthcoming French Arc will see a return of Snowflakes-lite: all T5+ ships will have a "Symbol of France" to knock off for coal (T5/T6) and tokens (T7+).

I say 'lite' because the coal rewards as disclosed are going to be much less than with Snowflakes. But it's something, and actually a decent incentive to play with being too inflationary.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,156 battles
8 hours ago, ____FALKEN____ said:

They did this with the "Snowflake" event and it was popular - although this was because it gave desirable rewards (coal and steel), and there's a limit to how many of these types of giveaway events you can have before the game economy gets banjaxed. Rather than giving coal and steel it might be better to make these events give a currency which you can use to convert currencies you've got too many of into the things you want. 

[WONLY]
Players
427 posts
8 hours ago, ____FALKEN____ said:

I like this.

But: Game should choose any ship that you have researched, not one that's actually in your port. Otherwise people will just sell all the ships that aren't exceptionally good.

Players
5 posts
5,002 battles

Thx All for your input.I remember world of tanks had a tank of the month or week or something.And i remember it was fun to se the selected tanks on the battlefield u never saw otherwise,,like the Löwe before i was buffed:=).Remember we all need veriety to shoot at:=)

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles

The current French event encourages you to play the old T5 up ships to clear the flag and get the French points. I’m enjoying it.

As the other poster says, I’ve sold everting under T5 except a couple of premiums and ones I really enjoy ( St Louis’s!)

Players
2,385 posts
15,508 battles
10 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

The current French event encourages you to play the old T5 up ships to clear the flag and get the French points.

Hardly incentive to play mid tiers.

- you only need 1 battle in a ship to get the 'cornflake' and once you're done with, 'poof' goes any motivation to play it again;

- many players (if not most) are going to do that in Co-Op, since it takes fraction of a time then random battle and you have guaranteed win for most of a time. Also there are not that many intresting ships at mid tiers and I can't imagine anyone going back to powercrept ships for longer because of this event.

If anything, entire event is designed to force people to spend more credits, by making them rebuy ships they sold.

Also remember, if you rebuy ship, you won't have captain for it, so you either have to grind it, or spend resources to xp boost him / retrain him.

• Cool 1

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
347 posts
6,280 battles
3 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Hardly incentive to play mid tiers.

- you only need 1 battle in a ship to get the 'cornflake' and once you're done with, 'poof' goes any motivation to play it again;

- many players (if not most) are going to do that in Co-Op, since it takes fraction of a time then random battle and you have guaranteed win for most of a time. Also there are not that many intresting ships at mid tiers and I can't imagine anyone going back to powercrept ships for longer because of this event.

If anything, entire event is designed to force people to spend more credits, by making them rebuy ships they sold.

Yep. OK event all in all but with these exact caveats.

Maybe it would be better instead of one win to make a XP bar of sort so you need to play a few games (not only wins) to get that reward. As XP is harder to get in Co-op it would give incentive to play more random games instead of that Co-op win nonsense.

Players
7,051 posts
245 battles

just do it so you get rewards throughout the event or lock them from tier 4-7 that way people will actually have an insentive to play mid-low tiers, its funny how higher tiers once again get the best rewards, its almost like the rear end of their backsides is where these people generally reside, because its impossible not to notice as to why people don't bother with mid-low tiers half the time.

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
14 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Also there are not that many intresting ships at mid tiers

Oh, I disagree, of the ones I have played

Warspite, Iron Duke, Acasta, Icarus, Exeter, Leander, Dallas, Emile Bertin, La Gass, Bretagne, Normandie, Duca, to name but a few.

Rapidly did in Coop such dire things as Krispy Kreme

[BBMM]
Players
6,008 posts
7,653 battles
On 7/7/2019 at 10:30 AM, El2aZeR said:

I still have some, but the main problem is not the ship. It is the captain.

AKA: 

...after he gets his new ship and you train him, he gets amnesia/brainwashed

and he is dumb AF again when you put him back on his old ship.

[L4GG]
Players
3,154 posts
10,735 battles
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, Tyrendian89 said:

we've been asking for this for years now, to no avail sadly... gotta keep trying I guess :D

This idea I do really like - could be adapted in a number of ways depending on what exactly WG wants to achieve with it, but I like the core concept.

just speaking for myself here - not really. I have a bunch of ships in port that I either kept because "hey this was kinda fun/interesting, maybe I'll want to play this again some time in the future" or because I rebought it for some specific occasion (Operation or something) - but that are now collecting dust because I dont have an incentive to take them out for a spin. This idea would provide that incentive.

+1

i too own some ships (presently I'm playing Friant).

And if I'm not mistaken I've got every single cruiser from t4 onward to where i am, in all lines that i have.

the exception are Friant, Saint Louis (i only played Igor in H.Ops, because i went from t1 to t4 at that time only because i didn't understood, how we could upgrade)

And soon, Tenryo.

And having more things to do with low tiers (like operations) would be nice.

But i think WG don't want us spending much time in low tiers, if economics are the reason they could just change the economics and give us operations.

Because of the grind i always say how i miss Kuma, Emile Bertin, Omaha/phoenix, furutaka...well, now I'm playing them again.

[BODEM]
Players
780 posts
6,957 battles

personally I like the idea of more incentive to play low/midtier. There are a lot of fun ships there and on top of that, the gameplay is less stale and more balanced than on high tier, plus uptiering is less of an issue. 

But for casuals like me the grind is too much to play older ships as that's time wasted where I could progress a line. And soon with the NTC, that's even more of an issue as both Colbert and Ohio look like great fun.

Sign in to follow this